GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did he or didn't he?

+6
Cronie
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
shabbs
Hayden
SensGirl11
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:20 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
I know, Campbell sucks with this stuff. He really should be replaced as he is all over the place with his suspensions. Look at Pronger 2 years ago, 2 very dangerous hits that hurt both people and he only got 1 game for each incident. That is truly unbeleivable to me. He is clearly a serious repeat offender and all he gets is basically a slap on the wrist. He needs to get his Dung straight or get out, IMO. I don't care if you're Chris Pronger or Chris Kunitz, the punishment should be the same.

🇬🇬 Diddling BS. That was such utter embarrassment for the game of NHL hockey. That wang lover Pronger should have gotten 10 games - the duration of the Finals at the very least. One of the weakest calls ever made by the NHL head office and Campbell specifically. I think it should probably have been Bettman that stepped in and said: Hey look Colin, that was Pronger's second significant intentional hit to the head - in a mother-diddling week!!! Diddle him, he should have been done for more than 1 game on the hit on McAmmond.

McAmmond's never been the same either. Not since Pronger (1 game) and not since Downie (30 games?). Where is the consistency there?

17Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:That was bad. And I saw it this morning, but that was weak on Kunitz part.

However, unfortunately for everyone who like hockey, I doubt he gets suspended. Being down 2-0 is punishment enough right now.

At least, that'll be the way Campbell looks at it I believe.

Another good point I'm afraid Heater. And the thing is, one could argue, if I'm Chris Kunitz and I get NOTHING, not even a phone call; do I count myself lucky and just keep my stick on the ice, so to speak or do I figure I have carte blanche and continue to push the proverbial envelope?

18Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
I know, Campbell sucks with this stuff. He really should be replaced as he is all over the place with his suspensions. Look at Pronger 2 years ago, 2 very dangerous hits that hurt both people and he only got 1 game for each incident. That is truly unbeleivable to me. He is clearly a serious repeat offender and all he gets is basically a slap on the wrist. He needs to get his Dung straight or get out, IMO. I don't care if you're Chris Pronger or Chris Kunitz, the punishment should be the same.

🇬🇬 Diddling BS. That was such utter embarrassment for the game of NHL hockey. That wang lover Pronger should have gotten 10 games - the duration of the Finals at the very least. One of the weakest calls ever made by the NHL head office and Campbell specifically. I think it should probably have been Bettman that stepped in and said: Hey look Colin, that was Pronger's second significant intentional hit to the head - in a mother-diddling week!!! Diddle him, he should have been done for more than 1 game on the hit on McAmmond.

McAmmond's never been the same either. Not since Pronger (1 game) and not since Downie (30 games?). Where is the consistency there?

Yeah, but consider how tight The Mighty Burkie and Campbell are and suddenly, Pronger's supposed punishment makes perfect sense and it's MORE than fair!

I've said it for a while now, not only is Bettman a joke (to use a term Ruff likes) but Campbell is a pathetic excuse for a disciplinarian in my view.

19Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Bang on! I couldn't freaking believe it, I was floored when that happened. There is ZERO consistency with Campbell's punishments, it's absolutely horrible. How is it that when refs don't call games properly they get reprimanded, but when THE disciplinarian does it, nothing. There is something seriously wrong with that. After the Pronger hits and the Downie hit, Campbell should've been in Bettman's office for sure. It just doesn't make sense how one guy can get a Dung more time than another, just because...what? He's a superstar? He's big and can kill anyone? I don't get it...it's really frustrating.

20Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Another good point I'm afraid Heater. And the thing is, one could argue, if I'm Chris Kunitz and I get NOTHING, not even a phone call; do I count myself lucky and just keep my stick on the ice, so to speak or do I figure I have carte blanche and continue to push the proverbial envelope?

Continue doing it until you get a match penalty.

21Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought I was over that Pronger incident, but I'm not. I'm really not. Still real upset.

22Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:29 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
Cronie wrote:Another good point I'm afraid Heater. And the thing is, one could argue, if I'm Chris Kunitz and I get NOTHING, not even a phone call; do I count myself lucky and just keep my stick on the ice, so to speak or do I figure I have carte blanche and continue to push the proverbial envelope?

Continue doing it until you get a match penalty.

And of course, that's what will happen. Why not? I'm not getting punished for it, so it must be okay right?

23Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:30 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

And what the clip doesn't show, but what Ron McLean caught was the fact not 30 seconds later, just after Crosby scored Kunitz gave Green a nice slash across the arm as well.

Kunitz isn't typically a dirty player, so who knows what crawled up his Donkey, but I think what he did is suspension worthy, not that he'll actually get one.

24Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:36 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:I thought I was over that Pronger incident, but I'm not. I'm really not. Still real upset.

I know, my blood is boiling again over that one.

And THAT is why I still hate Anaheim to this day. I know it wasn't the whole team's fault, but he is enough for me to hate an entire team. I hope he gets his one day, I really really do.

25Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:And of course, that's what will happen. Why not? I'm not getting punished for it, so it must be okay right?

I'm not getting punished for it, so I'll do it until I do.

26Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

pgood wrote:And what the clip doesn't show, but what Ron McLean caught was the fact not 30 seconds later, just after Crosby scored Kunitz gave Green a nice slash across the arm as well.

Kunitz isn't typically a dirty player, so who knows what crawled up his Donkey, but I think what he did is suspension worthy, not that he'll actually get one.

Hmmm....he's walks a fine line, he just doesn't garner much attention towards his acts. He literally tried to kill Timonen in the previous series. If I was on the ice and I saw him charge in and try to decapitate my D-man, he'd be in the hospital right now. Not sure why the Flyers did nothing about it.

27Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is what I thought we wanted out of the game. Dangerous shots to the head.

28Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:I thought I was over that Pronger incident, but I'm not. I'm really not. Still real upset.

And THAT is why I still hate Anaheim to this day. I know it wasn't the whole team's fault, but he is enough for me to hate an entire team. I hope he gets his one day, I really really do.

Same here. That's why last year, when Pronger got a follow-through slapshot to his jaw, I was kind of grinning. Wink (I can't remember the name of the player, but Pronger was RIGHT behind him, and when dude took his wind-up, he clipped Chris Pronger right in the jaw).

EDIT: dang it. I can't see the clip... Stupid work filters!! ARGH!!!! 🇬🇬

29Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Same here. That's why last year, when Pronger got a follow-through slapshot to his jaw, I was kind of grinning. Wink (I can't remember the name of the player, but Pronger was RIGHT behind him, and when dude took his wind-up, he clipped Chris "The underage impregnator" Pronger right in the jaw).

I'll admit, it was a little cool to see Pronger get pissed and get off the ice without one look or word of complaint. He's tough, but a puss at the same time.

30Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:44 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:

This is what I thought we wanted out of the game. Dangerous shots to the head.

OH YEAH!! I remember that. HORRIBLE! WTF!!! How is it that he will once again get away with a dirty play in the same playoffs? I don't understand.

HEY CAMPBELL! GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR Donkey!!!! 🇬🇬

31Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:55 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:

He's certainly not a clean player... the guy has been suspended eight times in his career. It says a lot. And the guy seems to be able to get away with murder. Makes me think that Bettman might be stepping in because he is such a marketable player, and that's why he doesn't get suspended for longer. Even on his stomp on Ryan Kesler, he got suspended only for 8 games.

32Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 1:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:
He's certainly not a clean player... the guy has been suspended eight times in his career. It says a lot. And the guy seems to be able to get away with murder. Makes me think that Bettman might be stepping in because he is such a marketable player, and that's why he doesn't get suspended for longer. Even on his stomp on Ryan Kesler, he got suspended only for 8 games.

Bang on Bass. Unfortunately, I still want him on the Sens very, very badly.

Why? Besides the obvious answer that he's one of the best defenders in the league? He gets away with MURDER!

33Did he or didn't he? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 2:06 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzlI1TqL6w
Yeah, we ALL remember this one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum