GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did he or didn't he?

+6
Cronie
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
shabbs
Hayden
SensGirl11
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Did he or didn't he? Empty Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 9:21 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I was just reading the paper this morning and came across this article about last night's PHENOMENAL Pittsburgh/Washington game.

Apparently Kunitz cross-checked Varlamov right in the throat at the end of the game. Did anyone see this happen??

WASHINGTON -- If you can't beat him, then beat him up.

That's what a livid Bruce Boudreau accused the Pittsburgh Penguins of doing to Washington Capitals goalie Simeon Varlamov in the waning moments last night.

While Sidney Crosby was completing his hat trick in the final minute of the Caps 4-3 victory over the Penguins, Boudreau alleged that Penguins forward Chris Kunitz "cross checked (Varlamov) right in the throat.

"I hope the league looks at that," Boudreau said.

Knowing how closely NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell monitors the games these days, he probably already has.

Hey, the Pens need to find some way to solve the rookie phenom who has usurped Jose Theodore as the team's starting goalie.

Afterward, however, Varlamov wanted to talk more about teammate Alex Ovechkin, whose three-goal performance was eye-popping.

"It was just not me (who was impressed by Ovechkin), it was all the people who watched the game," Varlamov said through an interpreter.

"He's the best player in the world." (That he absolutely is...WOW!)

According to his teammates, Varlamov, who stopped 33 shots en route to running his playoff record to 6-2, is not so bad himself either.

"Tonight, we weren't the better team but our goaltender played phenomenal and kept us in the game," Caps defenceman Brian Pothier said.

LETANG OUT?

Meanwhile the Penguins could be without defenceman Kris Letang for Game 3.

Letang left the game midway through the third period after being wallpapered by Caps defenceman Mike Green and was seen hobbling through the hallways following the game.
Pens coach Dan Bylsma had no update on Letang.

It looked to me like Letang practically snapped his arm in half. I'm pretty positive it's broken.

2Did he or didn't he? Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 9:30 am

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

If he's not suspended - someone needs to take the 2min instigator penalty and kick the snot out of Kunitz.

3Did he or didn't he? Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 9:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Word is the replay clearly shows this as being intentional. It will be interesting to see how the NHL handles this since there's no injury, but it's a clear hit to the head.

4Did he or didn't he? Empty Re: Did he or didn't he? Tue May 05, 2009 10:08 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Here's the video of it. It would be hard for him to say that it wasn't intentional.