GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Ottawa Eateries.

+18
Acrobat
davetherave
Phoenix30
smash88
LethalLehner
Riprock
Jordo
wprager
ddt
SensGirl11
shabbs
SensFan71
strachattack
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
jamvan
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:09 am

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Best Smoked Meat sandwich is only 120km away... It's Schwartz's in Montreal... Definitely worth the drive!!!!

A solid underrated cuisine is Portuguese. El Meson was good in the day, but there is this better one on Dalhousie st called Casa do Churrasco. Although it's not very big, and the few times I went it was quite busy. Might need a reservation.

47Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:18 am

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:The "Sitar" on Rideau has some of the best Indian food in the city, if not the best.

I believe someone also mentioned Festival of Japan for Sushi - very good. I believe they have one of the best Sushi Chefs in North America. If you are going to try Sushi for the first time - go there, they do it properly. Don't ruin your first experience.

If your ever out west you got to try Oka Sushi in Jasper. He is by far one of the best in the west. Even those from the west coast have mentioned how good he is, and they have have a very good selection of places to go to.

48Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:22 am

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

strachattack wrote:The thing I miss most has to be Lorenzo's pizza. God, you cannot find a good pizza in Toronto. It's either gourmet or Pizza Pizza. Nothing compares to the dressing under a heart attack's worth of greasy cheese.

I also miss a good shawarma and donair. You can't find a good place like that in Toronto either.

For sentimenal reasons I miss the Manx Pub on Elgin. The food was decent and cheap. Great for a poor student. I remember it being a great little pub.

Here here on Lorenzo's. No need to order extra cheese from them. Man I wish I was Ottawa right now. I could really go for one of their pizzas.

49Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

strachattack wrote:For sentimenal reasons I miss the Manx Pub on Elgin. The food was decent and cheap. Great for a poor student. I remember it being a great little pub.
They also have an impressive Single Malt Scotch collection. Great little Pub. Spent a lot of time there when I lived in Sandy Hill.

Also spent a monstrous amount of time at The Dunvegan. Damn I miss that place.

50Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:28 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

strachattack wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:The best Shwarma is definitely at the Shawarma Palace on Rideau st.
Marroush on Elgin St. is THE BEST Shwarma/Donair place!

Best poutine: Elgin Street Diner for me

Best breakfast: Broadway Bar & Grill

Best Pizza: Tie between Colonnade Pizza and Lorenzo's

Mmmmm now I'm hungry.

Nothing beat eating poutine or breakfast at the Elgin St. Diner at 3am. Good times... Colonade also has good pizza too.

I can't remember the name but there was a Shawarma place in Hull that was awesome. I would always wake up the next day to find garlic sauce all over my pants. I would reak of stale booze and garlic. They doused it in garlic sauce and it would explode and leak out. Delicious. My girl friend at the time wasn't so big on it though.

I think I know which one you are talking about. They had the bar/club downstairs....

51Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Phoenix30 wrote:
strachattack wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:The best Shwarma is definitely at the Shawarma Palace on Rideau st.
Marroush on Elgin St. is THE BEST Shwarma/Donair place!

Best poutine: Elgin Street Diner for me

Best breakfast: Broadway Bar & Grill

Best Pizza: Tie between Colonnade Pizza and Lorenzo's

Mmmmm now I'm hungry.

Nothing beat eating poutine or breakfast at the Elgin St. Diner at 3am. Good times... Colonade also has good pizza too.

I can't remember the name but there was a Shawarma place in Hull that was awesome. I would always wake up the next day to find garlic sauce all over my pants. I would reak of stale booze and garlic. They doused it in garlic sauce and it would explode and leak out. Delicious. My girl friend at the time wasn't so big on it though.

I think I know which one you are talking about. They had the bar/club downstairs....
Yeah, I remember one being next to the Bijou which was downstairs. Stumble up from the Bijou and head right to the donair place and wake up with garlic sauce all over my desert boots.

Yeah, I said desert boots.

They were the "in" shoes to wear at the time.

Ahhhh the memories.

52Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:32 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Jordo wrote:Best Pizza- Tommy's in kanata. There's a little hidden gem for you guys in the west end. FANTASTIC pizza. I live very close to Collonade on Hazeldean which is also good, but Tommy's is by far the best.

Tommy's is great...but my favorite and most of the people I offer it to is Joes Pizza on Wylie Ave across from the Britannia Theatre.

I still make the 15 min drive from my house west of Morgans Grant in Kanata to get it.

Wings...I'm guessing Local Heroes...

There used to be a place close to the Pincrest Mall call Fritz Beas...best all around pub food...Nachos, wings, Zucchini stix...etc. It's gone now, or changed owners, but memories of that place has my stomach hurting.

Tommy's in Kanata was good but I always liked the one in Manotick more..Probably becauase I grew out there and spent a lot of time in the restuarant.

53Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:39 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:Yeah, I remember one being next to the Bijou which was downstairs. Stumble up from the Bijou and head right to the donair place and wake up with garlic sauce all over my desert boots.

Ahhhh the memories.

Ha ha. Desert boots. You and I must be close to the same age cause I used to have a pair of those too. Ahhh the 80's.

54Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ElliottRules wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yeah, I remember one being next to the Bijou which was downstairs. Stumble up from the Bijou and head right to the donair place and wake up with garlic sauce all over my desert boots.

Ahhhh the memories.

Ha ha. Desert boots. You and I must be close to the same age cause I used to have a pair of those too. Ahhh the 80's.
Just one? Heh heh. I think I had three pairs...

Yeah, the 80's were interesting.

Sounds like so long ago... cuz it was!

BAH!

55Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:39 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
strachattack wrote:For sentimenal reasons I miss the Manx Pub on Elgin. The food was decent and cheap. Great for a poor student. I remember it being a great little pub.
They also have an impressive Single Malt Scotch collection. Great little Pub. Spent a lot of time there when I lived in Sandy Hill.

Also spent a monstrous amount of time at The Dunvegan. Damn I miss that place.

Holy crap, yeah! The Dunvegan. I spent some good nights there as well. I left Ottawa 2-3 years after it opened. At the time I wasn't into Scotch but love it now. I've been into the Balvenie Doublewood this weekend.

56Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:43 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I think I know which one you are talking about. They had the bar/club downstairs....[/quote]
Yeah, I remember one being next to the Bijou which was downstairs. Stumble up from the Bijou and head right to the donair place and wake up with garlic sauce all over my desert boots.

Ahhhh the memories.[/quote]

The Bijouuuu... great for chain smoking, downing quarts and playing a little stick if you were sober enough to wait in line to play. That's the Shawarma place I was thinking of too. As for desert boots... guilty... I had a beige and black pair.

57Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What happened to all the "Lick's" in Ottawa? I see there are none now. Shame. Great burgers.

58Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

strachattack - what is with that avatar? who is that in the background?

59Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:28 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Barley Mow has good draft beers, fish and chips and burgers...geez gang, I'm gettin hungry.

Maybe I'll just open a Trois Pistoles instead...

:####:

60Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I've always been a fan of the $10 fries at "Vineyards" in the market... and their great Scotch selection.

Smile

61Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

$10 fries? Where? I work just steps from the Market.

62Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:$10 fries? Where? I work just steps from the Market.
The fries come with a steak.

Vineyards - right below the Fish Market.

http://www.vineyards.ca/web/

Address: 54 York Street

63Favourite Ottawa Eateries. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite Ottawa Eateries. Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:35 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:strachattack - what is with that avatar? who is that in the background?

Thank you for bringing that up. I didn't want to mention it out of fear that I was being insensitive or something... But since you brought it up, i don't have to worry about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum