GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will coach the NJ Devils next year?

+8
wprager
PKC
Cronie
beedub
caissie_1
SensFan71
asq2
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really? Now I'm REALLY sorry I missed that game. I was reading about it in the papers.

I remember hearing about Bourdon's crash as it came in on the newswire... That's still horrible.

As for Nolan, I could see him getting snatched up in the off-season. Call it a hunch.

Maybe he'll even replace that joke of a fella currently behind the Pens bench...?

17Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:32 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Really? Now I'm REALLY sorry I missed that game. I was reading about it in the papers.

I remember hearing about Bourdon's crash as it came in on the newswire... That's still horrible.

As for Nolan, I could see him getting snatched up in the off-season. Call it a hunch.

Maybe he'll even replace that joke of a fella currently behind the Pens bench...?

it was apparently quite the tribute, normally I would have gone, but I was stuck working yesterday. it still hurts a little when hearing about it, even moreso after meeting and talking with him personally, him and his girlfriend.

Nolan is pittsburgh could be a great fit, maybe he could get crosby to stop whining some, sheesh lol.

18Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:34 pm

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

I agree with Nolan in New Jersey. I would love to see this guy land a great gig like that. He seems to get the short stick constantly

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hartsburg's stock is quite low given how well the Sens have done since he was canned. I think it's a long time before we see Craig back in the NHL, if ever.

Lou also isn't likely to take a chance given how well the Devils have been doing -- let's face it, this is not a rebuild phase for them. Quinn, Quenneville, Hartley -- all have extensive resumes. It's going to be someone with experience. Maybe Robinson wants another crack (or will he be a Hab again?)

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ahhh, it's funny you mention Robinson.
I was just thinking the other day that Gainey may call him and see what's what??

I'd scratch Quenneville off that list, as Chicago seem to be doing well under his guidance. If it's between Quinn, Hartley, Crawford perhaps, then who knows.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronie wrote:ahhh, it's funny you mention Robinson.
I was just thinking the other day that Gainey may call him and see what's what??

I'd scratch Quenneville off that list, as Chicago seem to be doing well under his guidance. If it's between Quinn, Hartley, Crawford perhaps, then who knows.

Sorry, I forgot about Quennevlille. I guess I was thinking of last year when he got canned.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Hartsburg's stock is quite low given how well the Sens have done since he was canned. I think it's a long time before we see Craig back in the NHL, if ever.

Lou also isn't likely to take a chance given how well the Devils have been doing -- let's face it, this is not a rebuild phase for them. Quinn, Quenneville, Hartley -- all have extensive resumes. It's going to be someone with experience. Maybe Robinson wants another crack (or will he be a Hab again?)

ugh, if I had a choice between the Habs or Jersey, Jersey it is, much less turmoil going on there and a much stronger team (until Brodeur retires that is)

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Cronie wrote:ahhh, it's funny you mention Robinson.

Heh! If Robinson stepped down the second time in NJ because the stress was causing him health problems, does anyone REALLY see him going to Montreal?

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I can't see him quitting after this year, because I truly believe that NJ is going DEEP into April. They're the best team in the east now, there's no doubt about it. Between NJ and Boston, I don't think there's another team that could run with the West.

25Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:I can't see him quitting after this year, because I truly believe that NJ is going DEEP into April. They're the best team in the east now, there's no doubt about it. Between NJ and Boston, I don't think there's another team that could run with the West.

I hear ya, I really do, but it seems like it's gonna happen. Perhaps he can be enticed to stay another year, but NJ would be best to start looking.

26Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:24 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:I can't see him quitting after this year, because I truly believe that NJ is going DEEP into April. They're the best team in the east now, there's no doubt about it. Between NJ and Boston, I don't think there's another team that could run with the West.

agreed, NJ and Boston both have the firepower and the goalie to go deep, any other team in the east, say Washington for example, they only have one of the two (being the firepower, goaltending is questionable)

27Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sutter has just stepped down officially. Game on for a new coach!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281325

28Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:15 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Hartley is my guess

29Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:19 am

Someone will get promoted from within the Devils organization. Hartley does not say NJ Devils to me, at all.

There is a certain way they run their team and if I had to guess it will be McLean taking over. NJ Devil for life.

30Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Makes sense, but Hartley was a name that made sense to me as well.

31Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mind you, you don't want him yelling at Parise all the time. The kid's fine without being yelled at constantly.

32Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:24 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Someone will get promoted from within the Devils organization. Hartley does not say NJ Devils to me, at all.

There is a certain way they run their team and if I had to guess it will be McLean taking over. NJ Devil for life.

Ah I just picked him. Who knows what Lou wants. Maybe he wants to change things up based on their performance this year.

33Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will coach the NJ Devils next year? Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
Ah I just picked him. Who knows what Lou wants. Maybe he wants to change things up based on their performance this year.

No, you were semi-right. They're gonna explore every possibility - and Hartley will get an interview guaranteed.

I like what Neely suggested. The Devils don't need an experienced coach that much. They can promote from within.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum