GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009)

+24
Ev
SDH89
CockRoche
Straight Shooter
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Sp00nz
Acrobat
Snuh
shabbs
Jordo
TeamRenzo
SensFan71
asq2
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
Sens4thecup
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
The Silfer Server
Mojo
Riprock
Cronie
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:13 am

MOTHER FUC-KER!!!! This is the biggest bulls-hit!!! I'm done with you Murray!
:^:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:This is horrible. I'm on the get rid of Murray train. All aboard!
CHOO CHOO!
Frustrated2 :@@@@:

17Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:15 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Chee Choo?

18Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 am

Diddle Wang Murray. Can we fire this POS SOB please?!

I didn't think it was possible to do any more damage to this team but apparently I was dead wrong.

Kuba not only resigns but gets a raise???? Absolutely ridiculous. The guy is weak defensively, and for a guy who gets as much ice time as he does, particularly on the PP, he should have way more points. 30 points with the ice that he sees should happen by accident.

Then we send a top 6 faceoff guy, a great PKer and guy that can pot 25 for a oft-injured goaltender who's had ONE good season on a defense first team????? Diddle YOU MURRAY.

I'm counting on one of you guys who are actually in Ottawa to go and burn down Murrays house.

19Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:23 am

Dash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Thats actually not too bad

Kills your Ohlund theory though, you have to think.

Its may very well, but Kuba is still a decent D man... Again, it will be judged over the next couple years, along with Leclaire.

So far today we have an extra 2nd rounder and a potential true number 1 giving Elliott some time as the backup.

Its not as bad as people are making it out to be.

20Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:25 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I just hate that we have Smith, Phillips and Kuba now all making roughly $3 mil each.

21Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:25 am

Neely4Life wrote:
Dash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Thats actually not too bad

Kills your Ohlund theory though, you have to think.

Its may very well, but Kuba is still a decent D man... Again, it will be judged over the next couple years, along with Leclaire.

So far today we have an extra 2nd rounder and a potential true number 1 giving Elliott some time as the backup.

Its not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Yeah, except on those nights when Heatley and Spezza are shut down or mail it in? This Leclaire Diddle better be pitching shutouts, because we officially have no secondary scoring.

22Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:26 am

Dash wrote:I just hate that we have Smith, Phillips and Kuba now all making roughly $3 mil each.

So depressing. Murray is definitely not cut out for the new NHL.

23Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:28 am

Pronger comes off the market and Kaberle is said to be unlikely to be moved. Havelid and Schneider are off the market.

...Murray re-signs Kuba.
Suspect

Murray squirrel

24Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:31 am

cash wrote:Pronger comes off the market and Kaberle is said to be unlikely to be moved. Havelid and Schneider are off the market.

...Murray re-signs Kuba.
Suspect

Murray squirrel

I've been leaning towards firing Murray for awhile now. This absolutely cements that thought. :^:

No way in hell do I want this guy around at the draft to do any more damage. Where the Diddle is our offense coming from on the nights the top line are shut down?

25Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:34 am

Wow, People wanted Kuba dealt for what? A 2nd rounder is what basically everyone thought he would get, we got it in the Leclaire deal.

Im not sold on Leclaire, but if he works out Murray solves the goaltending problems in Ottawa for years, Elliott has time to develope, and gets that 2nd rounder.

Say what you want about Kuba but it is tough to replace a guy who can play 20-25 mins a night, will be an even player by the end of the night in most cases and will put up some points.

I think Murray has done a good job today.

26Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:39 am

Neely4Life wrote:Wow, People wanted Kuba dealt for what? A 2nd rounder is what basically everyone thought he would get, we got it in the Leclaire deal.

Im not sold on Leclaire, but if he works out Murray solves the goaltending problems in Ottawa for years, Elliott has time to develope, and gets that 2nd rounder.

Say what you want about Kuba but it is tough to replace a guy who can play 20-25 mins a night, will be an even player by the end of the night in most cases and will put up some points.

I think Murray has done a good job today.

Pretty funny to see you do an about face. You've been trumpeting Elliot/Auld as a nice cheap combo for next year.

Leclaire is a risk, plain and simple. He has one good year on a trapping team. My bet is that he doesn't do nearly as well behind our sieve like defense, that is if he can stay healthy enough to play.

Kuba sucks. He's not great defensively and with the amount of ice time he gets, should be producing more. 2 goals? Piss off Kuba.

27Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:42 am

Yup, he sucks defensivly, on a team where basiclaly everyone is minus he is somehow a + 10... over rated stat and over sued stat but thats is extremely impressive none the less.

Elliott/Auld I would have been fine with but getting a 2nd back with LEclaire is a good deal and is a calculated risk. If it doesnt work out then there could be some trouble in Ottawa.

Kuba is the best all around D man on the Sens for sure, good luck replacing a 20-25 min a game D man, who plays every situation for less than 3.7 mil.

I'm not a Kuba fan, but I do recognize what he brings and he is def sign at a decent price considering the going rate for D in the NHL.

28Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:45 am

Neely4Life wrote:Yup, he sucks defensivly, on a team where basiclaly everyone is minus he is somehow a + 10... over rated stat and over sued stat but thats is extremely impressive none the less.

Elliott/Auld I would have been fine with but getting a 2nd back with LEclaire is a good deal and is a calculated risk. If it doesnt work out then there could be some trouble in Ottawa.

Kuba is the best all around D man on the Sens for sure, good luck replacing a 20-25 min a game D man, who plays every situation for less than 3.7 mil.

I'm not a Kuba fan, but I do recognize what he brings and he is def sign at a decent price considering the going rate for D in the NHL.

I'm saving this. I guarantee you'll be posting to the contrary soon enough.

Kuba for $3.7? How is that going to look when he's 35? And to say that he's the best all around D-man on the team isn't saying much.

I'd say it's more than a calculated risk. Leclaire has a history of knee problems. For a goaltender that's a real warning flag.

29Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:46 am

I'm thinking that with Kuba resigning, Murray may have a deal for Smith worked out. Something has to give, as we have way too many D-men now.

30Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:47 am

Ok, save posts for 2 years down the road, lol.

31Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:49 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:I'm thinking that with Kuba resigning, Murray may have a deal for Smith worked out. Something has to give, as we have way too many D-men now.

Way too many and yet nowhere close to having a #1 d-man.

32Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:06 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:The deal is $3.7 they said for 3 years.
thanks dash. I'm ok with the deal then. At least until the summer fa period, I'll hate this deal if we get outbid on a real #1 d man.

33Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:08 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's what TSN said, or the guys on TSN I mean.... but I haven't seen it posted.

They (TSN) just confirmed.... 3 years/$11.1M ($3.7 per)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum