GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn?

+15
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
NEELY
spader
Ev
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
SensFan71
wprager
Urkie
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Cronie
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DirtDiddler wrote:Why? Think he was going to be lights out?

My concern and expectations of Silverberg are low because of the runblad factor. Not saying he's going to be bad. Just saying I'm not expecting much. I'm actually more looking forward to stone and Noesen and actually Prince.

Didn't think he played the game that softly and was just an extension of playing in the SEL and not having to be that soft and play without that sense of urgency.

I don't think there is a more overrated prospect in the NHL right now than Rundblad and Ottawa sold as high as possible on him to get Turris. Hate the way he plays the game, actually hate it.

62Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

So lehner is your top? Who are your top 5?

63Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:48 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

You thinking Bishop is out the door then? The Sens just got him to help package for a bigger fish. Especially if the team wants Lehner. That makes a lot of sense.

64Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DirtDiddler wrote:You thinking Bishop is out the door then? The Sens just got him to help package for a bigger fish. Especially if the team wants Lehner. That makes a lot of sense.

Nope, I made a bet with SD that Anderson won't be starting the 2013/14 season for the Sens.

65Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:53 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DirtDiddler wrote:So lehner is your top? Who are your top 5?

Top 5? Probably the same as everyone just in a different order.

Lehner (future stud)
Noesen (Dustin Brown V 2.0)
Silfverberg (more proven than Zibanejad at this point)
Zibanejad (not as high on him as others)
Ceci (Solid prospect, not sure where his ceiling is)

Just the way I view it.

66Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:55 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Ah. You think they should flip him at the deadline or draft. That makes sense too. He's got an attractive contract and just look what the leafs have been (reportly) offering for luongo. IMO Anderson is better

67Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:56 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Ceci's already up there eh? I don't know why but I feel like well know fairly quick if Ceci is going to be an nhler or not. Within 2 seasons

68Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:02 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anderson has the most value, good contract, proven, etc... might not fit in with the youth movement going forward but both Bishop and Lehner do and IMO I think it would be a little insane to get rid of either. That said if the right deal comes along with Bishop being part of it, you do it. Same with Lehner but that deal would have to be something special.

As for Ceci, don't see him flopping but not sure if he's going to be a top 2 or bottom 2 D man. He doesn't have to be that top 2 guy but I'm sure everyone wants him to be in that #4 role beside Borowiecki or Phillips in a few years.

Might have over looked Stone a bit but I think other guys will be better NHLers not to say I don't think he can be a top 6 forward because I think he will.

69Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:33 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Anderson has the most value, good contract, proven, etc... might not fit in with the youth movement going forward but both Bishop and Lehner do and IMO I think it would be a little insane to get rid of either. That said if the right deal comes along with Bishop being part of it, you do it. Same with Lehner but that deal would have to be something special.

I'm weary of dealing Anderson now that we finally have a goalie we can count on. I don't think Bishop or Lehner will do enough in 1 year to convince me that we can count on them.

70Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Anderson has the most value, good contract, proven, etc... might not fit in with the youth movement going forward but both Bishop and Lehner do and IMO I think it would be a little insane to get rid of either. That said if the right deal comes along with Bishop being part of it, you do it. Same with Lehner but that deal would have to be something special.

I'm weary of dealing Anderson now that we finally have a goalie we can count on. I don't think Bishop or Lehner will do enough in 1 year to convince me that we can count on them.

Who knows.

71Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

That's a good point. We finally have a #1 we can count on, and we're in the situation where it might make the most sense to trade him. Bishop and Lehner could be a great tandem, and Matrix is only getting older. The fact that Bishop doesn't have a contract after this season might force our hand. Trade him now, lose him for nothing, or sign him longer term, and deal Matrix or Lehner.

Lehner is THE guy for the future, of that I have no doubt...but how you deal with the other two goalies, I have no clue.

72Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:57 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Who knows what is going to happen within the next year. If you said at the begining of last season we would have Turris and Bishop in the lineup to start this year with the cost of nothing off of the roster, I would have said you are nuts.

Fact of the matter is Ottawa's goaltending depth is unreal right now and a choice will have to be made between Anderson and Bishop in a short period of time.

73Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
DirtDiddler wrote:So lehner is your top? Who are your top 5?

Top 5? Probably the same as everyone just in a different order.

Lehner (future stud)
Noesen (Dustin Brown V 2.0)
Silfverberg (more proven than Zibanejad at this point)
Zibanejad (not as high on him as others)
Ceci (Solid prospect, not sure where his ceiling is)

Just the way I view it.

It's close between Stone and Ceci for me, but that looks right.

74Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Haha, Vermette for Benn....wow Facepalm

75Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this just proves that Sens Chirp is a hack and going to his blog nowadays is just a complete waste of time. I feel sorry for anyone who bought his rumours.

76Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Who knows what is going to happen within the next year. If you said at the begining of last season we would have Turris and Bishop in the lineup to start this year with the cost of nothing off of the roster, I would have said you are nuts.

Fact of the matter is Ottawa's goaltending depth is unreal right now and a choice will have to be made between Anderson and Bishop in a short period of time.
I think that speaks volume about BM. the man has been put down so many times in the past about some og the trades he did after coming in as our GM but he's proving to be more then able to get in there and make some steals. I would be very interested to actually see the package that was made for Nash. we might have came up with a much higher one then was actually proposed, if you think of what they actually got back in return.

77Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Hoags wrote:

That's a good point. We finally have a #1 we can count on, and we're in the situation where it might make the most sense to trade him. Bishop and Lehner could be a great tandem, and Matrix is only getting older. The fact that Bishop doesn't have a contract after this season might force our hand. Trade him now, lose him for nothing, or sign him longer term, and deal Matrix or Lehner.

Lehner is THE guy for the future, of that I have no doubt...but how you deal with the other two goalies, I have no clue.
there's always a chance Anderson goes down with an injury and we ride the young ones as a duo for an extended period of time. I could see BM getting Bishop to sign an extension knowing he'd have his shot at the number one spot.

78Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Chirp: Vermette to DAL for Benn? Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Who knows what is going to happen within the next year. If you said at the begining of last season we would have Turris and Bishop in the lineup to start this year with the cost of nothing off of the roster, I would have said you are nuts.

I think that speaks volume about BM. the man has been put down so many times in the past about some og the trades he did after coming in as our GM but he's proving to be more then able to get in there and make some steals. I would be very interested to actually see the package that was made for Nash. we might have came up with a much higher one then was actually proposed, if you think of what they actually got back in return.

Yeah, my faith in Murray was shaken slightly a couple of years back, but he's built us up for success at every position. Maybe one more sure-fire D prospect (easier said than done).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum