GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Clemmenson...thanks for saving our season....now GO AWAY!

+4
Cap'n Clutch
Cronie
Riprock
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brodeur comes back and NJ has two options.

Option one:
Waiver K.Weekes and keep Brodeur and Clemmenson.

Option Two:
Send Clemmenson to Lowell of the AHL because he has a two-way contract.

Which would you do?

If you picked option two - you're just mean, but that's what happened this morning.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yes, but there could be more to this. Sending Scott to Lowell could be temporary until they find a trading partner for Weekes, perhaps? Lots of people would take a shot on Weekes, or Clemmenson for that matter. They waive Weekes they risk losing him for nothing.

If they do nothing, then they are a bunch of ingrate, classless jerks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I didn't really think of that. Basically I didn't think Weekes had any worth at all. Not after Legace, Sanford etc. being waived and not touched.

I think they'll end up waiving Weekes and bringing Clemmeson back up, but you never know...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The claim is that Clemmenson would have had to clear retroactive waivers to stay because he was an emergency recall for Brodeur, so there's definitely more to this.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Interesting move. Here's hoping Dash is right and that there's more to this than meets the eye.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or perhaps they know they can't get anything for Weekes and are trying to make a move involving Clemenson and with that 2 way contract he has to wait it out in Lowel?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The newly offensive Devils will have to revert back to trapping and winning low-scoring affairs when they discover Fraudeur needs his teammates to look good.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:The newly offensive Devils will have to revert back to trapping and winning low-scoring affairs when they discover Fraudeur needs his teammates to look good.

I won't be holding my breath on that one.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:The newly offensive Devils will have to revert back to trapping and winning low-scoring affairs when they discover Fraudeur needs his teammates to look good.

OK. I'm making it up. It's all a coincidence.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

If you're trying to say that simply because Brodeur went down and Clemenson played well that Brodeur is some kind of Fraud I need more proof than that. Sorry.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

If you're trying to say that simply because Brodeur went down and Clemenson played well that Brodeur is some kind of Fraud I need more proof than that. Sorry.

The Devils are free to win games by scoring. Something they haven't been able to do with Brodeur in the pipes.

Brodeur is one of the best goalies in the league, just not as good as he's made out to be.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

The Devils are free to win games by scoring. Something they haven't been able to do with Brodeur in the pipes.

Brodeur is one of the best goalies in the league, just not as good as he's made out to be.

He definitely is that good and i would rather have him in his prime than roy in his prime any day. if it wasnt for the shoulder injury he would have broken a bunch of records this year

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:He definitely is that good and i would rather have him in his prime than roy in his prime any day. if it wasnt for the shoulder injury he would have broken a bunch of records this year

If it wasn't for the system in front of him he'd have to play until he's 50 to get near those records.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Wow, I must say, I haven't heard too many people cut down perhaps the best clutch goaltender in the game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

beedub wrote:

Wow, I must say, I haven't heard too many people cut down perhaps the best clutch goaltender in the game.

We're not talking about the best clutch goaltender, though. We're talking about Fraudeur.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum