GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin

+7
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
Nasty Nas
davetherave
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

If you were Pittsburgh, who do you keep?

Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin - Page 2 Vote_lcap255%Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 55% [ 6 ]
Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin - Page 2 Vote_lcap245%Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:I for one think that Malkin is the better hockey player.

However, Crosby is younger, the captain, the face of the franchise (and debatably the league) and has proven thus far to be the better playoff performer.

I think they seem to be stubbornly wanting to keep both, for better or for worse.

No debate anymore. He may be the face of Tim Horton's, Gatorade, Nike, whatever, but AO is the new face of the league.

17Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

The_Dude wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I'm worried about the injuries that Crosby's suffered.

I want the player who I think will make the biggest impact on and off the ice. Crosby has not been making much of an impact, He has been hurting since last seasons ankle injury and has not been the same since. Malkin on the other hand has shown us that he can step up with or without Crosby... I'd go for Malkin.

The only thing Crosby has on Malkin is Marketability. But that will wear off.

60 points in 47 games isn't exactly garbage.

18Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:I for one think that Malkin is the better hockey player.

However, Crosby is younger, the captain, the face of the franchise (and debatably the league) and has proven thus far to be the better playoff performer.

I think they seem to be stubbornly wanting to keep both, for better or for worse.

No debate anymore. He may be the face of Tim Horton's, Gatorade, Nike, whatever, but AO is the new face of the league.

So does that mean you would take Malkin over Crosby? scratch

19Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

If you're the Pittsburgh Penguins, Crosby is your guy.

He's the more marketed one, already the captain, a year younger than Geno and has been far better in the playoffs. Granted Crosby's playoff numbers aren't that much better than Malkin's (32 points, +7 in 25 games vs. 26 points, +2 in 25 games) but he was far better the first year against Ottawa and also in the Finals against Detroit.

However, the Pens are trying to market Geno alongside Crosby, but that's not because they're trying to replace #87.

This isn't really anything more than a hypothetical situation because the Pens aren't at all interested in dealing either.

However, I do believe that if they were forced at gun-point do choose one, Crosby would be their guy.

20Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you choose? Crosby vs. Malkin Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:56 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Astonishing stat:

These two have combined for 2 game-winning goals all season.

Jason Spezza has 3, and that's on a much worse team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum