GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » Metropolitan » Pittsburgh Penguins » DREGER: PENGUINS HINTING CROSBY SHOULD SKIP ALL-STAR GAME

DREGER: PENGUINS HINTING CROSBY SHOULD SKIP ALL-STAR GAME

+4
Cap'n Clutch
Nasty Nas
dennycrane
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

As per TSN- http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=264142&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Pittsburgh Penguins doctors have recommended Sidney Wing Dang Doodle not skate for four or five days, which would mean he would miss the NHL All-Star weekend for the second consecutive year.
Penguins general manager Ray Shero says the final decision hasn't
been made, adding the Pens will do what is right for the player and
what is right for the organization, and that puts Crosby's
participation this weekend in Montreal in jeopardy.
Crosby and Shero met after Tuesday's 2-1 loss to the Carolina
Hurricanes to discuss Wing Dang Doodle's injury, and Shero says he will speak to Wing Dang Doodle and team doctors again before stepping in with his
recommendation before the end of the week.
Wing Dang Doodle was named by the fans as an Eastern Conference starter in
Sunday's game and is also one of the featured competitors in the highly
touted breakaway challenge in the NHL's skills competition on Saturday
at the Bell Centre.
Because it's in Montreal, because he was voted in by the fans and
because he was forced to miss last year's All-Star events in Atlanta AS
THE RESULT of a high ankle sprain, Wing Dang Doodle's heart is telling him he
needs to be there.
But, he's hurt and the Pittsburgh Penguins have the MRI results to
prove it, so he's being reminded to do what is right for his body and
to be mindful of the physical stresses that will come post-All-Star
game during the Penguins' push to return to the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
If the Penguins decide to pull Wing Dang Doodle, he will join NHL stars Nicklas Lidstrom and Pavel Datsyuk from the Detroit Red Wings, along with Washington's Nicklas Backstrom, Boston's Milan Lucic, Los Angeles Kings goaltender Erik Ersberg and goalie Steve Mason from the Columbus Blue Jackets who have opted out or been forced out of the All-Star weekend.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The amusing thing about Detroit is that Lidstrom was replaced by Robidas - assuming Rafalski is healthy, that's a bit of a stretch. And Datsyuk was replace by Ribero instead of Hossa or Zetterberg.

So no Detroit Red Wings in the ASG (as if it wasn't a joke already).

This is one ASG I think I'll just skip and watch a movie.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
I haven't watched the ASG in years, and I won't be starting now. What a joke.

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie
ASG = waste of time

Rather the season be a week shorter.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'd rather they make the season shorter as well.

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
I think Crosby should play. Why not? If he's so intent on playing, let him get hurt and screw his team even further out of a playoff spot. Play Crosby Play!

This All Star Dung is such a waste of time and energy for all involved.

Who wants to take bets as to who gets hurt in this one?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Shorter season? Really? Man, I'd watch 100 games every season. I don't think I can deal with a longer hockeyless summer personally.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
SensGirl11 wrote:Shorter season? Really? Man, I'd watch 100 games every season. I don't think I can deal with a longer hockeyless summer personally.

I am NOT looking forward to a "sens-hockey"-less spring.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TheAvatar wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Shorter season? Really? Man, I'd watch 100 games every season. I don't think I can deal with a longer hockeyless summer personally.

I am NOT looking forward to a "sens-hockey"-less spring.

Nor am I. And in my case that's probably going to be hockeyless period.

Despite this apparent turnaround, I still say something material should have been done around the 20-game mark to salvage this season. It was already clear where this was heading.

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Despite this apparent turnaround, I still say something material should have been done around the 20-game mark to salvage this season. It was already clear where this was heading.

I think I've said this before, but about a month ago Dawg sat me down and asked if I thought the Sens were going to make the playoffs forever. My reply was no, and he responded with something like "well the ride had to end some time".

As far as making a run well I personally hope they don't. I just don't think this team can win the cup. Maybe they make 8th or 7th place. Then what..they go out in the 1st or 2nd round. End up with a 20th pick maybe at best 15 or 16? That really doesn't help this team.

I'd prefer to take my medicine right now and cut the season. One year or no playoff hockey and finish bottom 5. Get a good top pick and use SJ's for a good roster guy (hopefully another d man, you can never have too many). Kuba can be sent away for a #1 pick at the deadline to a team looking to make a run. Maybe we get lucky and Detroit find out Stuart is badly injured and they move to trade for a good d-man who has no contract for next year.

just my thoughts

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dawg's Wife wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think I've said this before, but about a month ago Dawg sat me down and asked if I thought the Sens were going to make the playoffs forever. My reply was no, and he responded with something like "well the ride had to end some time".

As far as making a run well I personally hope they don't. I just don't think this team can win the cup. Maybe they make 8th or 7th place. Then what..they go out in the 1st or 2nd round. End up with a 20th pick maybe at best 15 or 16? That really doesn't help this team.

I'd prefer to take my medicine right now and cut the season. One year or no playoff hockey and finish bottom 5. Get a good top pick and use SJ's for a good roster guy (hopefully another d man, you can never have too many). Kuba can be sent away for a #1 pick at the deadline to a team looking to make a run. Maybe we get lucky and Detroit find out Stuart is badly injured and they move to trade for a good d-man who has no contract for next year.

just my thoughts

The thing is, if we're as high as 7th at the end of this season then we'll be going into the playoffs as THE hottest team in the league. We would be getting re-inforcements at the deadline and it would not be unheard of to make a run to atleast the Conference final. Remember 06/07? This would be even more impressive than that regular season turnaround. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it happens but if we make it in 7th then look out.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Who cares if we're a hot team, or the hottest team going into the playoffs, if by some chance we can make it. We've been the hot team before and it means nothing.

And not only does Ottawa have to win x of y games to make it, but the other teams also have to slump.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DashRiprock wrote:Who cares if we're a hot team, or the hottest team going into the playoffs, if by some chance we can make it. We've been the hot team before and it means nothing.

And not only does Ottawa have to win x of y games to make it, but the other teams also have to slump.

It would be exactly like the Cup Finals run, but we'd be hotter if you can imagine. It's pretty much impossible, but if it happened, I wouldn't want to be the team playing us.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
504Heater wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Who cares if we're a hot team, or the hottest team going into the playoffs, if by some chance we can make it. We've been the hot team before and it means nothing.

It would be exactly like the Cup Finals run, but we'd be hotter if you can imagine. It's pretty much impossible, but if it happened, I wouldn't want to be the team playing us.

Exactly what I was trying to say Heater. I don't know why that's difficult to grasp.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum