GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dipietro done for season - Isles agree to terms with Dubie

+4
rooneypoo
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/blog/2009/01/dubie_agrees_dp_likely_done.html

The Isles have a major problem on their hands. This is year 2 of 15 and DP looks like he won't last through 5 years.

Wow....draft a goalie NY. You don't have one anymore.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wang is hinting that he will move the team to KC if a Long Island arena deal isn't sorted out.

On the other hand, chanting Du - bie! Du - bie! Du - bie! Is always good times.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do they want Gerber? I hear he'll resign for a reasonable contract.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Do they want Gerber? I hear he'll resign for a reasonable contract.

They apparently felt that Dubie is a better option. Although, to be fair, right now they just want the number one overall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:Do they want Gerber? I hear he'll resign for a reasonable contract.

They apparently felt that Dubie is a better option. Although, to be fair, right now they just want the number one overall.

And they shall have every chance to get him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

50% chance on winning the lottery if it was today - and they're getting worse, not better.

Boy Kansas City and now Hartford apparently are gonna be happy campers.

504Heater wrote:50% chance on winning the lottery if it was today - and they're getting worse, not better.

Its a 50% chance of winning the lottery, but its like a 75% chance the get the first overall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't understand, I thought winning the lottery *is* getting the 1st overall.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I don't understand, I thought winning the lottery *is* getting the 1st overall.

Huh? You realise that they call the top 5 picks "lottery picks" because they are literally determined by lottery -- that is, the 5 teams with the worst records in the NHL that season have their names tossed in a hat and then drawn out to determine who gets what pick. If you were the worst team overall, you have the most number of "slips" tossed into the hat, and if you were the 5th worst team, you have the fewest number of "slips" tossed into the hat. The worst team overall is thus the favourite to win the lottery for this reason, but not a slam dunk. The order of the teams for the top 5 picks, determined by the lottery, is almost never the same as that of the order of the worst 5 teams in the league -- but the variations aren't all that big, either.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This team sucks. They make the Ottawa Senators look like the 72-10 Chicago Bulls.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:50% chance on winning the lottery if it was today - and they're getting worse, not better.

Its a 50% chance of winning the lottery, but its like a 75% chance the get the first overall.

I don't understand. I thought they had a 50% shot at winning the lottery (which is first overall). Like, they had 50% more balls in the spinner than any of the other 4 teams.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't understand, I thought winning the lottery *is* getting the 1st overall.

Huh? You realise that they call the top 5 picks "lottery picks" because they are literally determined by lottery -- that is, the 5 teams with the worst records in the NHL that season have their names tossed in a hat and then drawn out to determine who gets what pick. If you were the worst team overall, you have the most number of "slips" tossed into the hat, and if you were the 5th worst team, you have the fewest number of "slips" tossed into the hat. The worst team overall is thus the favourite to win the lottery for this reason, but not a slam dunk. The order of the teams for the top 5 picks, determined by the lottery, is almost never the same as that of the order of the worst 5 teams in the league -- but the variations aren't all that big, either.

I understand all of this, but I still thought it was a 50% shot at the first overall (at this point) because of their winning %.

Meh...whatever. We have a 12% chance as of this morning, so no one needs to hold their breaths too much.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:

Who is the "Huh?" aimed at? The above is my understanding as well. I was questioning how 50% chance of winning the lottery translated to 75% chance of getting 1st overall.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/blog/2009/01/dubie_agrees_dp_likely_done.html

The Isles have a major problem on their hands. This is year 2 of 15 and DP looks like he won't last through 5 years.

Wow....draft a goalie NY. You don't have one anymore.

LOL! OMG their luck couldn't get any worse...and we thought ours was bad. Is this surprising to anyone? This guy has to be the worst in the league at getting hurt time and time again...wtf is wrong with him? What a great 15 year deal they signed him to...this guy is really turning into a joke...yeah he's good and all...but how many games has he played in the last 3 seasons? 40?

Goodness gracious, get a goalie is right.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:LOL! OMG their luck couldn't get any worse...and we thought ours was bad. Is this surprising to anyone? This guy has to be the worst in the league at getting hurt time and time again...wtf is wrong with him? What a great 15 year deal they signed him to...this guy is really turning into a joke...yeah he's good and all...but how many games has he played in the last 3 seasons? 40?

Goodness gracious, get a goalie is right.

I'll tell one company who won't be happy. The company that insures the Isles players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum