GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pittsburgh - Right where they should be?

+5
PTFlea
Nasty Nas
TheAvatar
Mojo
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

Pittsburgh will get a winger to play with Crybaby, who is a crybaby with mad skill, and they will get in the playoffs.

Do they have the depth to go far. Nah. Do they have the goaltending to go far, definitely no. Will they make it in. Yes.

Some one pointed out that they are 1 year behind in Ottawa's cycle. Could not agree more.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:Pittsburgh will get a winger to play with Crybaby, who is a crybaby with mad skill, and they will get in the playoffs.

Do they have the depth to go far. Nah. Do they have the goaltending to go far, definitely no. Will they make it in. Yes.

Some one pointed out that they are 1 year behind in Ottawa's cycle. Could not agree more.

I don't think they will get that star to play with Crosby. They've already cleaned out the cupboards once with Hossa. By all means do it again but they can't afford to as is. Personally I think the Canes make it in and the only way the Pens make it is if NYR continues to implode.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OK so I'm sitting here choking down a huge chunk of Crow as the Penguins sit in 5th in the East with little doubt they'll make the playoffs. I still think they're in trouble and will have a tough first round with Philly looking for revenge.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Good to see I'm not the only one with this oppinion :D

Oh no. I called this one back in the summer, over at the "other" site.

PIT appears to be going *exactly* the same cycle as OTT did after their 2007 SCF run. I'm guessing PIT will just squeak into the playoffs and get rubbed out, and then go into full-blown suck mode the next year.

Not that I blame them, or their players. With this new CBA, success is pretty much a guarantee that your team is going to go on the decline shortly after. Even DET won't be immune for much longer. This year coming up is the first one where they have to deal with multiple young, great players hitting UFA -- who they'll either have to pay, and so cripple the team in other places, or let them walk.

if this is the case, and well, just by watching the Pens and from seeing it happen to us before, they are definitely going down our same road. That being said, I am going to get some tissues in advance for Crosby when the crying comes, sheesh he is such a pansy and a whiner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum