GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will SJ win it all? Will they even make the Finals?

+6
LeCaptain
PTFlea
PKC
rooneypoo
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

How will SJ do in the playoffs this year?

Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_lcap223%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_lcap223%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_lcap215%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_lcap28%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_lcap231%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? Vote_rcap2 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone think San Jose is for real this year? They've performed well in the regular season for a few years now but it has yet to translate into success in the playoffs. They're off to an incredible start and could very likely take the President's Tropy this season. We all know what that's worth right?

I know I'm not putting any money down on SJ winning it all this season regardless of how well they're playing this season. How about you guys?

- Unknown Author

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

They are too good not to go far. they will fall to Boston in the Cup finals

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:They are too good not to go far. they will fall to Boston in the Cup finals

If and this is a big IF SJ makes it to the finals then they win it all. Boston is good and they're playing well enough to make it to the finals but SJ has a better goalie and more offense with guys like Cheechoo, Thornton and Marleau.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
beedub wrote:They are too good not to go far. they will fall to Boston in the Cup finals

If and this is a big IF SJ makes it to the finals then they win it all. Boston is good and they're playing well enough to make it to the finals but SJ has a better goalie and more offense with guys like Cheechoo, Thornton and Marleau.

Cheechoo isn't even part of SJ's top six anymore:

Marleau-Thornton-Setoguchi
Michalek-Pavelski-Clowe

Which is really disturbing when you think about it.

On the flipside, I'm guessing Cheechoo will hit the FA waters this year, and he might be a very good guy to target if he can be had for about the salary he makes now, or maybe even less. He's hit hard times in SJ, but the guy still busts his Donkey off. Whatever is wrong with him right now, it has nothing to do with his work ethic. In the right situation, I don't see why he can't be a 60-point player again.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Cheechoo isn't even part of SJ's top six anymore:

Marleau-Thornton-Setoguchi
Michalek-Pavelski-Clowe

Which is really disturbing when you think about it.

On the flipside, I'm guessing Cheechoo will hit the FA waters this year, and he might be a very good guy to target if he can be had for about the salary he makes now, or maybe even less. He's hit hard times in SJ, but the guy still busts his Donkey off. Whatever is wrong with him right now, it has nothing to do with his work ethic. In the right situation, I don't see why he can't be a 60-point player again.

Cheechoo still has another two years after this one before he hits the market. They've got that guy at a bargain if he can get anywhere close to where he was a few years ago. Too bad they are so dominant...the chances of trading for him are pretty small. Unless they like Chris Neil and a pick or something to add some toughness to the team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes, they will win it all. Their back end is exactly what Ottawa's SHOULD look like. Powerful and mobile. Their forwards are as good as anyone's, their G is excellent.

Move aside Detroit, Tampa Bay has douced your chances of repeating.

Playoffs is a different game, I still think the favorite right now to win it all is Boston.

If San Jose runs into Anahiem or Detroit, it could be over for them. Minnisota can beat the Sharks as well, and if they hit a hot goaltender like Luongo, the Nucks can get the job done too.

I would say San Jose is the favorite right now to get to the finals, but I still have my doubts that their 2 big guys up front can get the job done.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The West is just too stacked. The list of power-teams that an organization has to go through to get to the Finals is absolutely stupid. The East is a crapshoot, with a bunch of half-complete teams beating up on each other.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They are in for the cup for real this year IMO. They could have won it last year. I watched all their games in last year's playsoffs, I can only note bad luck as to why they didn't beat the Stars. Or may be an amazing Turco.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Midway through January, San Jose just keeps rolling along...

I watch pretty much all of the Sharks games...my observations/two cents:

Todd McLellan is a MUCH better coach for this team than Ron Wilson. IMHO the reason the Sharks faltered in the past was because of Ron Wilson's ego.

McLellan is much more low key but commands equal, if not greater respect...and he has a Cup ring.

Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton are playing their best hockey.

Their depth at forward and discipline are exceptional.

Rob Blake, Dan Boyle and Brad Lukowich make the Sharks blueline Stanley Cup caliber.

The Nabokov-Boucher combo is stellar.

The Sharks know this HAS to be their year, and they are not taking this possibility lightly.

Give Doug Wilson credit, he has built a powerhouse.

The Wings are still the team to beat, so a Conference Final between these two would be unbelievable hockey.

And no disrespect to any of the other teams, y'all understand.
Wink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When it comes to the Sharks they need to show me they can do it. I've seen regular season success from them before.

- Unknown Author

I picked a loss in the conference finals. Detroit are the champs until someome de-thrones them. If SJ wants to win, that road leads through Detroit, and in my opinion, it's a dead end.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

San Jose are unlikely to make a move on trade deadline, so I say it depends on what teams like Calgary or Chicago will do. I still think Calgary has a shot if they make an awesome trade before March 5th.

All that really matters is that San Jose will win the sim. This real life stuff is just gay...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone care to change their predictions on this years version of the Sharks?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum