GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadiens Lead all 6 Posisions in All-Star Voting....WTF!?

+7
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
Hayden
smash88
shabbs
PKC
Riprock
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=255772&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main

If the first week of fan balloting is any
indication, the 2009 NHL All-Star Game could be the first to feature a
starting lineup with all six players voted in from one team.
With more than 110,000 votes each, all six Montreal Canadiens on the ballot - goaltender Carey Price, defencemen Andrei Markov and Mike Komisarek and forwards Saku Koivu, Alex Kovalev and Alex Tanguay - are the leading vote-getters for all six positions for the Eastern Conference.
Price leads all players on the ballot with 128,642 votes, more than half the number tallied for goaltender Roberto Luongo (60,958) in the Western Conference.
Saku Koivu (118,329), Alex Kovalev (117,080) and Alex Tanguay (115,828) lead all forwards in votes, with former Canadien-turned-Dallas Star Mike Ribeiro next up with 55,101. By comparison, forwards Alexander Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby - the last two Hart Trophy winners - have 35,547 and 25,986 votes respectively.
Montreal's top defensive pairing of Andrei Markov (126,263) and Mike Komisarek (118,202) are also the top pairing among the league's defencemen, with six-time Norris Trophy winner Nicklas Lidstrom next at 57,376 votes.
The Canadiens and Detroit Red Wings placed the most players on the
ballot with six, followed by five members of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Fans can vote for their favourite players to be in the starting
lineups as many times as they want, and for the NHL is providing
real-time All-Star fan balloting results online. It marks the
third-consecutive year the All-Star balloting process is entirely
digital. Fan balloting ends on Jan. 2.
Montreal will host the All-Star weekend in January as part of its
year-long Centennial celebration. The 57th NHL All-Star Game will be
played at the Bell Centre on Jan. 25.
Montreal last hosted the All-Star Game in 1993 when Patrick Roy was voted in as the lone starter from the Canadiens. He was joined by winger Kirk Muller, who was added as a reserve.

BULL!!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Who cares, really. I hope their whole team gets selected and their stars get injured at the game, all thanks to their fans sitting around all day voting for them. The all-star game is a joke anyways, just like Montreal fans.

the only one's who deserve to be there are Komiserek and maybe markov

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This isn't right. But who really cares? This just serves to show that the All-Star process is a joke anyways. How do the Pittsburgh Penguins have 5 guys on the ballot?

Outside of Crosby and Malkin, and possibly Fleury (although with Miller, Price, Lundqvist, and Thomas I don't see how he gets on the ballot anyways), who do they have on the ballot?

This whole process is a farce. The game itself is a farce. And this league is a farce.

:lol!: Puking2 lmao.

If you didn't see this coming, you don't know Montreal fans. There are homers and then there are Habbers...

If our fan base were that big, we could have done the same last season...I voted like 100 times last year and I haven't voted once yet this season.
DashRiprock wrote:Who cares, really. I hope their whole team gets selected and their stars get injured at the game, all thanks to their fans sitting around all day voting for them. The all-star game is a joke anyways, just like Montreal fans.
Co-sign. Let them have it...It would be a heck of a sight...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This makes me want to puke.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, it's too bad, but really did anyone expect different? This isn't the all-star game, it's the 100th anniversary of the Canadiens, don't forget that... LOL

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

the starting forwards hands down have to be semin - crosby - ov.

if the starting 6 are all habs - i'd love to see the rest of the east skip the all-star game. habs fans would probably see nothing wrong with their whole team representing the east.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Time to get voting guys!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No offense to the Habs players and their fans but even the most diehard Habs fan has to see that it would be a joke if the starting lineup is ALL Habs players. I can tell you for a fact that I didn't vote all the Sens players in that I could. There are clearly more deserving and more skilled players that should be voted in to this game.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't even think I voted for a single Senator. There are more important things to worry about then playing in an All-Star game.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I voted for Alfie, but he was the only Senator.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:I don't even think I voted for a single Senator. There are more important things to worry about then playing in an All-Star game.

I'm pretty sure I voted for Alfie but I think that was it.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not sure if this is exactly the same as the 1st time I did it, but here's my votes:

WEST - Nash, Toews, Kane, Burns, Weber, Deslauriers

EAST - Kovalchuk, Malkin, Semin, Bouwmeester, Green, Miller

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum