GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pat Burns on Jason Spezza

+11
pgood
wprager
mattshock
Laker
PTFlea
shabbs
SensGirl11
Riprock
Sens4thecup
PKC
TheAvatar
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Thu May 01, 2014 9:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

TheAvatar wrote:On 730AM Radio,  every morning, Pat Burns has a daily 1/2 hour segment (it's awesome).  He was talking about Jason Spezza and the fact that he had spent quite a bit of time with him during the world tournament last year.

Basically, he said that Spezz was a good kid; a guy that loves everything about hockey except hard work.  Loves hanging out with the guys, loves to laugh and thinks everything is funny.

At one point, Burns pulled him aside and asked him what he wanted to do with his career.  Asked him if he wanted to be another Lindros, a guy that had an impact, a bunch of medals but who never won anything in the NLH.  He says Spezz looked at him with a "what are you talking about look" ...

Burns said that Spezza was lucky to play on a line with Heatley.  Said Heatley was a very smart player who knows exactly what's going on on the ice and a tireless worker.

He finished the thing by saying that Spezza needed to gain maturity; preferably this century but he wasn't sure whether there was enough time left to the century.

Cheers.

The part about Spezza is pretty amazing...

62Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:On 730AM Radio,  every morning, Pat Burns has a daily 1/2 hour segment (it's awesome).  He was talking about Jason Spezza and the fact that he had spent quite a bit of time with him during the world tournament last year.

Basically, he said that Spezz was a good kid; a guy that loves everything about hockey except hard work.  Loves hanging out with the guys, loves to laugh and thinks everything is funny.

At one point, Burns pulled him aside and asked him what he wanted to do with his career.  Asked him if he wanted to be another Lindros, a guy that had an impact, a bunch of medals but who never won anything in the NLH.  He says Spezz looked at him with a "what are you talking about look" ...

Burns said that Spezza was lucky to play on a line with Heatley.  Said Heatley was a very smart player who knows exactly what's going on on the ice and a tireless worker.

He finished the thing by saying that Spezza needed to gain maturity; preferably this century but he wasn't sure whether there was enough time left to the century.

Cheers.

as accurate as it is, the part about Neely not so much...  Laugh1 

I miss those Pat burns interview. much better then Mcguire in the morning.

63Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Thu May 01, 2014 10:00 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You mean Heatley?

64Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Thu May 01, 2014 10:11 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

How the Cuss do you even find these threads

65Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Thu May 01, 2014 10:14 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Haha I just browse looking for something then I come across something that peaks my interest.

I would so do Spezza for Enstrom, Little, and Kane haha.  That trade was perfect if it was ever made.

66Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Thu May 01, 2014 10:24 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:You mean Heatley?

hahaha, yes

67Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Thu May 01, 2014 11:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Cheers.

Same with the part about Heatley. He was so dead wrong about him. "Tireless worker"???!

And I'll still say what I said before -- Alfie and Heatley *imrpoved* their point production playing with Spezza. Sezza is a PPG player over his career, and he spent most of it playing without Heatley and Alfie (recall that Alfie was primarily a 2nd line winger the last few years, even if he got reunited with Spezza late in games when they were down). 50 assists and top-four in the league in 2011-12 (Alfie didn't crack 60 points that year).

Look, both Spezza and Alfie had a huge boost to their stats in 2004-05 when Heatley came in. That was the best line in the league for 3-4 years and it wasn't due to any single one individual. All three of them benefited from playing together. Neither Heatley nor Alfie were as dominant since then, but Spezza was top-4 in scoring since then. Points isn't everything, of course, but no-one would accuse Heatley of being a dominant defensive force either.

68Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Thu May 01, 2014 1:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fascinating...

69Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Fri May 02, 2014 7:48 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Farter

70Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza Fri May 02, 2014 11:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 5 Yap

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum