GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Listening to Right now?

+31
wprager
Hoags
Flo The Action
Riprock
stempniaksen
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
sens4win
Vandelay
KidKarlsson
Jordo
LethalLehner
Bramlet07
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
spader
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
pgood
Snuh
Cronie
beedub
SensGirl11
Hayden
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
PTFlea
shabbs
TheAvatar
PKC
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 25]

361What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:31 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I like Spotify as well, but I can't use it offline yet, so it sucks back the data like crazy.

Spotify is great and is absolutely worth subscribing to for like $12 per month or whatever it costs.  I love the feature of downloading songs for offline playing...it's great for camping, in the car, and wherever else you may not have WiFi so you're not sucking down phone data.  My playlist on it currently has about 32 hours of music and is constantly growing.  

Do you use bluetooth speakers?

Indeed I do.  Just one, to be exact.

I might invest in one at some point soon.  The one I wanted was 120 though, so it'll have to wait a bit.

I bought this one last year
http://www.harmankardon.com/bluetooth-speakers/ONYX+STUDIO+2.html?dwvar_ONYX%20STUDIO%202_color=Black#start=1

I'm pretty satisfied in terms of sound but don't be fooled by the playing time saying up to 5 hours. Without it being plugged in, if you are wanting to play it loud you've only got about an hour's worth of juice. That! Was disappointing. But sound is amazing.

$300 bucks later though.

362What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I like Spotify as well, but I can't use it offline yet, so it sucks back the data like crazy.

Spotify is great and is absolutely worth subscribing to for like $12 per month or whatever it costs.  I love the feature of downloading songs for offline playing...it's great for camping, in the car, and wherever else you may not have WiFi so you're not sucking down phone data.  My playlist on it currently has about 32 hours of music and is constantly growing.  

Do you use bluetooth speakers?

Indeed I do.  Just one, to be exact.

I might invest in one at some point soon.  The one I wanted was 120 though, so it'll have to wait a bit.

I bought this one last year
http://www.harmankardon.com/bluetooth-speakers/ONYX+STUDIO+2.html?dwvar_ONYX%20STUDIO%202_color=Black#start=1

I'm pretty satisfied in terms of sound but don't be fooled by the playing time saying up to 5 hours. Without it being plugged in, if you are wanting to play it loud you've only got about an hour's worth of juice. That! Was disappointing. But sound is amazing.

$300 bucks later though.
I bought mine for 200 around Boxing Day(back then it was 450$ advertised).If you can wait till Boxing Day you are going to get some major discounts on this sort of buy.

363What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:33 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Quick question -- what's the use case for a portable speaker? I know the kids on my son's team liked to play music in the dressing room before games, so that's one. In general, though, isn't blaring your (personal) music to those around you considered a little, what would be the word, selfish? If you have a party, different story, of course, but then do you need a portable one? In the vast majority of other situations I'd simply use a headset (bluetooth or otherwise).

P.S. And I say this after convincing my daughter that my son would love a bluetooth speaker as a Christmas gift (I got Amazon Prime on a free trial before Christmas and had all the kids do the gift matrix online -- they had an $80 speaker for $20, which was roughly the budget). It sat there in its box until around March, at which point he brought it downstairs for a while (not sure why, because our soundbar used for the TV does bluetooth and he never bothered pairing to that one).

364What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:25 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Quick question -- what's the use case for a portable speaker?  I know the kids on my son's team liked to play music in the dressing room before games, so that's one.  In general, though, isn't blaring your (personal) music to those around you considered a little, what would be the word, selfish?  If you have a party, different story, of course, but then do you need a portable one?  In the vast majority of other situations I'd simply use a headset (bluetooth or otherwise).

P.S. And I say this after convincing my daughter that my son would love a bluetooth speaker as a Christmas gift (I got Amazon Prime on a free trial before Christmas and had all the kids do the gift matrix online -- they had an $80 speaker for $20, which was roughly the budget).  It sat there in its box until around March, at which point he brought it downstairs for a while (not sure why, because our soundbar used for the TV does bluetooth and he never bothered pairing to that one).  
music in the kitchen, music in the bathroom, and one day, music in the garage.

365What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bought Bluetooth headphones last night but they're the donut kind not the earbuds, so I find them uncomfortable when I wear glasses. Back they go.

366What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Quick question -- what's the use case for a portable speaker?  I know the kids on my son's team liked to play music in the dressing room before games, so that's one.  In general, though, isn't blaring your (personal) music to those around you considered a little, what would be the word, selfish?  If you have a party, different story, of course, but then do you need a portable one?  In the vast majority of other situations I'd simply use a headset (bluetooth or otherwise).

P.S. And I say this after convincing my daughter that my son would love a bluetooth speaker as a Christmas gift (I got Amazon Prime on a free trial before Christmas and had all the kids do the gift matrix online -- they had an $80 speaker for $20, which was roughly the budget).  It sat there in its box until around March, at which point he brought it downstairs for a while (not sure why, because our soundbar used for the TV does bluetooth and he never bothered pairing to that one).  
music in the kitchen, music in the bathroom, and one day, music in the garage.

Headphones work in all those situations. Main speakers solved two issues: mobility while listening (not tied to a cord) and sharing the music with others (party). Bluetooth headphones solve the first issue. I guess a third issue would be audio quality and, but I still think that for comparable AQ you're probably paying less for a headset.

367What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Bought Bluetooth headphones last night but they're the donut kind not the earbuds,  so I find them uncomfortable when I wear glasses.   Back they go.

You mean over-the-ear? Like the entire ear is inside the "donut"? I've gone through several versions of headsets (including on-the-ear -- not quote over), earbuds, the ones that latch on to the ear (like an earbud with a handle). I must admit, I have not (yet) found a perfect pair.

368What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Bought Bluetooth headphones last night but they're the donut kind not the earbuds,  so I find them uncomfortable when I wear glasses.   Back they go.

You mean over-the-ear?  Like the entire ear is inside the "donut"?  I've gone through several versions of headsets (including on-the-ear -- not quote over), earbuds, the ones that latch on to the ear (like an earbud with a handle).  I must admit, I have not (yet) found a perfect pair.

Then you haven't seen Adrienne Barbeau in her prime.

What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 852933671

369What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

You mean over-the-ear?  Like the entire ear is inside the "donut"?  I've gone through several versions of headsets (including on-the-ear -- not quote over), earbuds, the ones that latch on to the ear (like an earbud with a handle).  I must admit, I have not (yet) found a perfect pair.

Then you haven't seen Adrienne Barbeau in her prime.

What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 852933671
Really?
If we're going old then I'm going for Jane Fonda. Oooohhh Barbarella... Hubba hubba!

370What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ursula Andress FTW!

Rosanna Arquette, too, if you want someone more recent. And, no, Toto's song was not about her(s).

371What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Very Best of the Alan Parsons Project. I had no idea I even had this. Don't remember ever buying it. Just found it while going through stuff trying to de-clutter.

Brings back memories.

372What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:11 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

New Darkness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_QqAb47tYQ

And new Alice Cooper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlEcM53kj_I

What a time to be alive.

373What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:New Darkness:

And new Alice Cooper:

What a time to be alive.

Laughing3
When I saw you posting in this topic I knew we'd be talking about the new Darkness album.
I didn't enjoy the last one as much as Hot Cakes but I trust it wil be a solid showing!

Speaking of, Guns n f roses in a few weeks!!!

374What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:New Darkness:

And new Alice Cooper:

What a time to be alive.

Laughing3
When I saw you posting in this topic I knew we'd be talking about the new Darkness album.
I didn't enjoy the last one as much as Hot Cakes but I trust it wil be a solid showing!

Speaking of, Guns n f roses in a few weeks!!!

Should be a great show. The Cooper album looks promising, good reviews so far. I like this guitarist, Tommy Denander, he adds some real pizzazz.

375What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I thought I was hearing an outtake from Physical Graffiti...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

376What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Er. Mah. Gerd.

377What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Er. Mah. Gerd.

you can always count on the Brits for quality rock n roll.

378What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 25 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Er. Mah. Gerd.

you can always count on the Brits for quality rock n roll.
Hey SSF, April 17th at the Corona theatre in Montreal! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum