GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Off-Season Around the NHL

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 22]

3012017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:39 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:DJ Z-Bad gets 5 years at $5.35 per.  I guess that's why we traded him.

There was a guy on twitter saying how Zibanejad is younger and cheaper than Brassard, but he was projecting Zibanejad to come in at $3.9M and using Brassard's cap hit and not his actual salary. There was no way Zibanejad was going to come in at $3.9M. I figured it would be north of $5M for sure.

3022017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:51 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:DJ Z-Bad gets 5 years at $5.35 per.  I guess that's why we traded him.

There was a guy on twitter saying how Zibanejad is younger and cheaper than Brassard, but he was projecting Zibanejad to come in at $3.9M and using Brassard's cap hit and not his actual salary.  There was no way Zibanejad was going to come in at $3.9M.  I figured it would be north of $5M for sure.

That guy is an idiot. I've been seeing his garbage tweets in my feed and all it is is advanced stats.

3032017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:49 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why don't they commit to Fat Lehner? Is it because he's a volatile personality? I think he's perfect for at least 3 years as Buffalo finds themselves.

3042017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Why don't they commit to Fat Lehner?  Is it because he's a volatile personality?  I think he's perfect for at least 3 years as Buffalo finds themselves.

It's a "prove it" contract.

3052017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Why don't they commit to Fat Lehner?  Is it because he's a volatile personality?  I think he's perfect for at least 3 years as Buffalo finds themselves.
I read a while ago how the org isn't sure they want to commit to him. They aren't sure he's their goalie if the future. He's also murray's guy. Murray's out, the new GM probably wants a full year to make a decision.

3062017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:55 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fat Lehner also seems to battle injuries.

3072017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:39 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I believe there were rumors that Buffalo wouldn't protect him at expansion draft either.

3082017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I believe there were rumors that Buffalo wouldn't protect him at expansion draft either.

The Vegas GM is so stupid he would have found a way to not take him.

3092017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Markov heads to the KHL.  He must've had some other offers on the table, but he apparently only wanted to play for Montreal. Apparently he even was willing to take a one-year deal.

http://www.tsn.ca/markov-won-t-return-to-habs-off-to-khl-1.815156

3102017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Markov heads to the KHL.  He must've had some other offers on the table, but he apparently only wanted to play for Montreal.  Apparently he even was willing to take a one-year deal.  

Marc Bergevin is out next year most likely. Maybe he decided to screw it and gun for a nice lottery position.

Half his moves real of panic. They would have been better off resigning rad and keeping sergachev. Yeah it would have come at the expense of term but he would have kept his job for a few more years and who knows?
The only good move has been Drouin but I can at the expense of his best prospect. Not that the habs were really gonna be contenders....

3112017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Markov heads to the KHL.  He must've had some other offers on the table, but he apparently only wanted to play for Montreal.  Apparently he even was willing to take a one-year deal.  

Marc Bergevin is out next year most likely. Maybe he decided to screw it and gun for a nice lottery position.

Half his moves real of panic. They would have been better off resigning rad and keeping sergachev. Yeah it would have come at the expense of term but he would have kept his job for a few more years and who knows?
The only good move has been Drouin but I can at the expense of his best prospect. Not that the habs were really gonna be contenders....

Habs are in serious trouble this year.

3122017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's amazing what they did to their back end. Subban, Markov, Beaulieu, Sergachev.  In a league where puck moving dmen are becoming more and more important.  Without Markov their PP will suffer, too.  Streit was done when he was in Philly, and that is two years ago.

3132017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

8 years, 64 million for Ryan Johansen in Nashville. Wow, that's just a ton of $$.

3142017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

60 point center. We have one of those. Over the last 5 seasons Turris is only about a dozen points behind Johansen. Turris is pretty durable, and it wouldn't surprise me if his production over the next five years will be pretty close. But we should be able to keep him here at around $6M.

3152017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Carolina getting some really good deals for its players.
They keep going they'll have a good team with a manageable cap they'll be able to sell for a good return to Quebec City!  Laugh1
http://www.tsn.ca/hurricanes-d-pesce-agree-to-6-year-contract-extension-1.819679

3162017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good Guy Mike Fisher has retired.

3172017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:24 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There goes my theory that Neil would be reunited with him in Nashville.

3182017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh yeah, Chris Neil still hasn't signed anywhere. Too bad for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum