GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:In hindsight the Anderson deal isn't bad. The problem is he's well past his prime and they signed him too early in the season. That said, had they waited until the end of the season he may have walked to free agency given his trade request.

It's very hard to tell what a goalie's "prime" is. I think it's varies from player to player. You can't say Anderson is "well past his prime" given that just over a year ago he was fantastic. This past season was an absolute disaster for the entire team.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It depends a lot on the goalie's style. Lundqvist plays deep in his crease and banks on his athleticism and quick reaction times. I think we've seen the best of King Henrik. Anderson plays best with he is aggressive and uses proper positioning to cut the angles. He will slow down but, perhaps, not as quickly.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:It depends a lot on the goalie's style. Lundqvist plays deep in his crease and banks on his athleticism and quick reaction times. I think we've seen the best of King Henrik.  Anderson plays best with he is aggressive and uses proper positioning to cut the angles. He will slow down but, perhaps, not as quickly.

Like I said, it varies from goalie to goalie. Hasek was a pretty athletic goalie, and he was great into his 40s in the NHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Did he ever come out and ask for a trade to the media? Perhaps it was all speculation or he stated he didn't want to play for a non contender or a certain owner?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You know it’s the dead of summer when TSN pulls it’s Gretzky trade story... put that thing to bed!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:You know it’s the dead of summer when TSN pulls it’s Gretzky trade story... put that thing to bed!

A Canadian team contemplating trading its Captain who is a generational talent in his prime (28) because the owner is tight on money?

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:You know it’s the dead of summer when TSN pulls it’s Gretzky trade story... put that thing to bed!

A Canadian team contemplating trading its Captain who is a generational talent in his prime (28) because the owner is tight on money?

I don’t want to watch for the next 25-30years “the kalrsson trade”

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would pay a lot of money to watch a behind-the-scenes documentary of the Sens' wheelings and dealings from the past year. A LOT of money.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I would pay a lot of money to watch a behind-the-scenes documentary of the Sens' wheelings and dealings from the past year.  A LOT of money.
A lot of fans would. With all of Melnyk’s money troubles maybe that’s something he could bank on... mmmmhhhh 🤔

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting to see the Dvorak and Larkin deals. 6 and 5 years. Nice to see teams not going for the max lengths.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Interesting to see the Dvorak and Larkin deals. 6 and 5 years. Nice to see teams not going for the max lengths.

I wouldn't be surprised if contract length is a contentious issue in the next CBA.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Interesting to see the Dvorak and Larkin deals. 6 and 5 years. Nice to see teams not going for the max lengths.

I wouldn't be surprised if contract length is a contentious issue in the next CBA.

I hope taxation issues are somehow discussed. Unfair that Canadian teams have to deal with both higher taxes and exchange rates. Wish there was an offset.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

I don’t want to watch for the next 25-30years “the kalrsson trade”

Thank heavens he's not Canadian.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Given a karlsson trade would have not even 1/10th the impact of a Gretzky trade , you will never hear about the trade in 20 years

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

I thought so too but they won’t. They want to be able to lock up the big stars for long. And it’s not players that will argue those. 

Even if they were allowed to have a couple of contracts per teams that exceeded 5 years GM would shoot themselves in the foot and give them in FA in bidding wars for 2nd liners or top 4 dmen on the wrong side of 30. Nope, can see this going anywhere.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I hope taxation issues are somehow discussed. Unfair that Canadian teams have to deal with both higher taxes and exchange rates. Wish there was an offset.
But then how do you factor giving out contracts that hedge Canadian markets and then trade these players after? The other team gets stuck with a bigger contract. That would make it harder to trade contracts out of Canada.

Or would you simply calculate the caps of team post taxes? That would have a big impact on Floridian and Texan teams. I’d like that!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kind of surprising to see Mark Hunter go back to the OHL to GM. I figured he’d get at least an assistant GM for an NHL job. Maybe it’s temporary. I wouldn’t mind him replacing Dorion when all the dust settles in Ottawa if there is ever a sale.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Upshall on a PTO to Edmonton, Letestu with the panther(what a fall from grace).
You wonder where all the change Chichi promised to all the oilers fans at the end of last season is?

The Sens should probably consider a PTO themselves. In case there’s a weak showing from the kids and a little competition is always healthy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum