GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017!

+9
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
spader
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 23]

181TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeBroom confirms Stalberg to Ottawa.

182TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Stalberg.

183TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stalberg is a 20 point player...For a 3rd round pick. I don't like this. Pending UFA. If we're "going for it", get someone significant. Oh well, we'll see.

184TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Stalberg is a 20 point player...For a 3rd round pick. I don't like this. Pending UFA. If we're "going for it", get someone significant. Oh well, we'll see.

I think they're about to recoup the 3rd for Lazar - or a 2nd even.

185TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Friedman thinks we could be interested in Viktor stalberg

Smith (det) to the rags. A 2nd and a 3rd

I liked it better when Friedman hunked we were in on him.
Are you glued to the screen? That was literally up for 15 seconds! It's an iPad day.

186TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I have never seen Sens fans so outraged by a trade. Fans in general are sick of bringing in players well past their prime and paying homage to vets who can't play anymore (see: Neil, Phillips, Kelly, Kovalev, Legwand, etc). I think this pushes players away from supporting the team and will actually lead to emptier seats.

Example. If we had a Duchene, I would pay to go see him play because I would get the sense that the team is serious about winning. With a Burrows, I am satisfied watching from home, and will likely turn off the game when the opposing team scores on the PP while he sits in the penalty box.

Bringing in a Burrows AFTER adding a Duchene would make the former look a whole lot better.

Agreed. The only way I can see that happening is trading Lazar for a 2nd, and packaging that pick, our 1st, Ceci and another prospect for him. Which won't happen.
Dare to dream.

187TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I have never seen Sens fans so outraged by a trade. Fans in general are sick of bringing in players well past their prime and paying homage to vets who can't play anymore (see: Neil, Phillips, Kelly, Kovalev, Legwand, etc). I think this pushes players away from supporting the team and will actually lead to emptier seats.

Example. If we had a Duchene, I would pay to go see him play because I would get the sense that the team is serious about winning. With a Burrows, I am satisfied watching from home, and will likely turn off the game when the opposing team scores on the PP while he sits in the penalty box.

Bringing in a Burrows AFTER adding a Duchene would make the former look a whole lot better.
Yeah I think the reaction would be different.
Of course when duch will get traded to the isles the negativity will only get amplified.

188TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens are really deep now. 4 line team in a big way.

189TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Stalberg is a 20 point player...For a 3rd round pick. I don't like this. Pending UFA. If we're "going for it", get someone significant. Oh well, we'll see.
Im very underwhelmed with getting stalberg but I think that's because I'm waiting for the duchene shoe to drop.

I think a 3rd rounder is also an overpayment. Tops he should get is a 4rth. Are they laying off our scouting department this year?

The silver lining is viktor's got 9 goals this year but was all that from the 4rth line? That's not bad.

Still. It just places us as a very average playoff team. Meh

190TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Sens are really deep now.  4 line team in a big way.

5-1/2 lines.

4 - 4th lines and 1 - 1/2 - 2nd lines.

191TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think he's a touch better than that. Great wheels, size, penalty killing skillz...

192TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Excellent deal. 3rd round draft picks have no value.

193TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think he's a touch better than that. Great wheels, size, penalty killing skillz...

Is this a round about way of Dorion cleaning up the mess of having kept both Neil and having brought back Kelly? Sounds like both Burrows and Stalberg are upgrades on Neil and Kelly and fit decently on the 3rd line.

- Unknown Author

194TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Excellent deal. 3rd round draft picks have no value.

You should all the crybabies on the twitter panicking about not having any draft picks. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

195TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Excellent deal. 3rd round draft picks have no value.
Hold on there! We draft pretty well past the 1st round here in Ottawa.

196TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

doesn't matter if we draft well, you can get 3rd round picks anywhere, any time. And those 3rd round picks take 5 years or more to develop.

197TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Is this a round about way of Dorion cleaning up the mess of having kept both Neil and having brought back Kelly?  Sounds like both Burrows and Stalberg are upgrades on Neil and Kelly and fit decently on the 3rd line.
I don't get the hate on Kelly. He wasn't brought in to score goals.

198TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 13 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kelly is a notch above Neil/Lazar/Wingles because he takes face offs and kills penalties. But you should try to get that and 7-10 goals.

Also, our PK should get a lot better, and without having to use EK+KT on the PK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum