GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #19 Sens @ Habs, Nov 22, 2016, 7:30 pm

+4
SensHulk
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lines will be something like this (Montreal and Ottawa):

Forwards

Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Danault - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Mitchell - Shaw
Carr - Desharnais - Terry

Defence

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Hanley

Goalies

Price

Forwards

Dzingel Turris McCormick
Hoffman Brassard Pyatt
Smith Pageau Stone
Kelly Lazar Neil

Defence

Methot Karlsson
Phaneuf Ceci
Borowiecki Wideman

Goalie

Anderson starts

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Senators have scored 2 or fewer regulation goals in 12 straight games, and while Hoffman returns to the lineup (after missing 2 games with a groin injury) former 30-goal scorer Bobby Ryan still cannot hold the stick with his broken finger. He is very close, but he won't be available tonight. Also "unavailable" are Hammond, who cleared waivers, and Puempel, who was plucked from the waiver wire by the New York Rangers. With Puempel gone, the Sens now have none of the three first-rounders they drafted in the 2011 draft: Zibanejad was traded for Brassard, Noesen was part of the Ryan trade, and now Puempel. Additionally, Prince, who was drafted in the 2nd round of the same year, was traded to the Islanders last year. Almost feels like a purge. That said, they still have Pageau (4th round), Claesson (5) and McCormick (7).

Having lost two straight the Sens have slid out of the top-three in the Division and all the way out of a playoff spot (they are tied with the Devils for the second wildcard but trail them by one ROW). The Sens need a win badly.

The Habs are, once again, are the league's top team but, of course, their fanbase is unhappy that Pacioretty is not scoring goals (he has 13 points in 19 games, so hardly a drought, but only 4 goals have him on a 17-goal pace). He has been moved down to play with Torrey Mitchell but, of course, we all know that he will be back with Desharnais and Gallagher if they tied or behind after one.

Preview:
http://scores.espn.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400884681

MONTREAL -- Canadiens coach Michel Therrien found one line that works. Now he's hoping his latest shuffling of the remaining cards gets the other three going.

While the top line of left winger Paul Byron, center Alex Galchenyuk and right winger Alexander Radulov remained intact, Therrien tinkered with the rest of his forward units. The most notable change came in between wingers Max Pacioretty and Andrew Shaw, with Torrey Mitchell getting the nod.

It's the latest in an effort to get Pacioretty going. The Canadiens captain recorded 13 points in 19 games so far this season, but only four have been goals and have been largely spread out. It's an unusual stretch for the left wing, who typically scores in bunches. Mitchell will be the fifth pivot he's skated with this year.

"I'm excited to play with Torrey; he's one of the guys I haven't played with yet," Pacioretty said after practice on Monday. "He's got great energy and he's a great skater so we'll see if we can put something together (against Ottawa).

"I'm trying to do whatever I can to help the team win," he added. "Every night it's going to be different, and I'm excited for a new challenge."

The other changes saw Phillip Danault move to Tomas Plekanec's left wing while David Desharnais, who had been with Pacioretty and Shaw of late, will center the fourth line with rookie Charles Hudon and 27-year-old Chris Terry.

Montreal's top unit leads the way offensively, in large part due to the chemistry between Radulov and Galchenyuk, as well as their individual talents. Together with the speedy and versatile Byron, the trio accounted for six goals in five games together, while getting scored upon just once.

The 22-year-old Galchenyuk leads the Canadiens (14-3-2) with 19 points on the season.

"He's capable of scoring goals, he's got great hands, gifted hands," Therrien said. "He works extremely hard after practice on his release. Players who have success, even if you're gifted offensively, it doesn't just show up just like that. This kid works extremely hard and that's the reason he's got the results."

Senators coach Guy Boucher is hoping his team's offense starts to find its way soon. The team scored two goals or fewer -- excluding shootout tallies -- in 12 straight games, going 6-5-1 during that stretch. It hasn't been for a lack of effort, however, with at least 30 shots on goal in eight of those outings, including 40 in Saturday's loss to Florida.

"When I looked at our game (against the Panthers), we attempted 83 shots on net, 40 shots, we had 26 scoring chances," he said told reporters before the team headed to Montreal. "You can't get more, you can't get better quality; it's just from there, we've got to continue improving our work around the net.

"We just need to bear down around the net, especially on those rebounds," he continued. "Got to make sure we lift the puck up. A lot of them were on pads in the last games. Just have to improve our finishing, that's clear."

That includes on the power play, which has converted just twice on 32 opportunities in November. At the other end, however, the penalty kill has been tough to beat, denying all 24 opposing power plays this month. In fact, the Senators (10-7-1) haven't allowed a power-play goal against since Oct. 22.

Ottawa could get some help on Tuesday night as Mike Hoffman could return after missing the past two games with a groin injury. While the winger was held off the scoresheet in his previous five games, his potential return would be a welcome boost, with the club also forced to play without Bobby Ryan, who has been sidelined since Nov. 8 after suffering an injury against the Nashville Predators.

Boucher was "hopeful" on Hoffman drawing back in but was less certain on Ryan's availability for the game.

Craig Anderson will get the start in goal. The Senators sent Andrew Hammond down to the AHL after clearing waivers, which means former Canadiens netminder Mike Condon will serve as the back-up against his former team for the second time this season after doing so with the Pittsburgh Penguins back in October.

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens PK has not allowed a goal in a month (last one was Oct. 22nd). Their PK is now #3 in the league, Yes, I probably just jinxed it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, Price has not yet lost in regulation this year. You know how good the Sens are at dishing out "firsts".

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The Sens PK has not allowed a goal in a month (last one was Oct. 22nd).  Their PK is now #3 in the league,  Yes, I probably just jinxed it.

Dude! Really?

So Montréal has the 5th best PP in the league. So we'll which one is strongest in terms of tipping the scale.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is the type of game Ottawa wouldn't have much business winning, so we'll probably will.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

score some fucking goals :slap:

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson and Karlsson the two best players on the ice so far. Hoffman scored his usual hammer time goal and then resumed being generally useless. You really take the good with the bad with that guy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The Sens PK has not allowed a goal in a month (last one was Oct. 22nd).  Their PK is now #3 in the league,  Yes, I probably just jinxed it.

Yep. You jinxed it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:score some Cussing goals :slap:

Done.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How they didn't have Matrix as a star, I have no idea. Highly entertaining game, always great to beat the Habs. Fantastic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Hmm, Price has not yet lost in regulation this year.  You know how good the Sens are at dishing out "firsts".

Yuss!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Anderson and Karlsson the two best players on the ice so far. Hoffman scored his usual hammer time goal and then resumed being generally useless. You really take the good with the bad with that guy.

He was walked by Radulov and took that stupid bogus penalty (closing the hand should actually require you to close the hand so as to conceal the puck, which IDs not what he did). Apart from that he had a goal and two assists. WTF more do you want from him?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Yep. You jinxed it.

Nah the guys on the radio did that. I only typed it after I heard them say it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Price has given up 3 or more in 7 of his last 8 games against the Sens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum