GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #7: Sens @ Flames Oct 28, 2016, 9:00pm

+4
SensHulk
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's another Sens Game Day and a Friday, to boot, so a rare TGIFSGD.

With that out of the way, the Sens will try to extend their one-game winning streak to two against the Bad News Flames. How bad are they? Well, Alex Chiasson is on the top line. That should be enough. Of course he'll probably score a hattrick against us.

The Sens are in possession of the first Wildcard spot with a 4-2 record, and are probably in better shape than one would expect given their actual play on the ice. It's too early to evaluate, but their special teams are very bad, their goaltending has not been stellar (last game excepted), and their D-zone game is still a hot mess on most nights (again, last game excepted).

Their #1 is on personal leave for the second time this season and we all wish Andy the best with whatever is going on. Driedger (he of the 0.00 lifetime NHL SV% and a not-too-shabby .961 this year in Bingo) has been called up but it will be Hammond between the pipes tonight. The Hamburglar got burgled for five goals in his last outing (a game that turned around the Redwings' season as they have now won six straight, starting with the game against Ottawa).

Troy Brouwer leads the Flames with 3 goals and 6 points. Ryan Dzingel leads the Sens with 4 goals while Karlsson leads with 7 points (zero in his last two). In goal Elliot has rebounded from his first three (horrible) outings with two straight road wins.

Preview: http://scores.espn.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400884506

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by wprager on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I assume it'll be Hammond in net, although Driedger used to play for the Calgary Hitmen apparently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I assume it'll be Hammond in net, although Driedger used to play for the Calgary Hitmen apparently.

Nice! So Elliott used to play in Ottawa, Driedger used to play in Calgary, Chiasson can't skate. Any other connections?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brouwer isn't skating this morning and left practice early yesterday...so maybe he won't play tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Brouwer isn't skating this morning and left practice early yesterday...so maybe he won't play tonight.

http://flamesnation.ca/2016/10/27/if-he-s-injured-who-could-replace-troy-brouwer

Gulutzan says "I don't think it's too bad" regarding Brouwer. No other update beyond that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to that link above the Flames have $8K in cap room and could not afford to bring someone up to replace Brouwer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm pretty nervous about this game. I think we might get anally savaged.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flames are certainly rounding into form now, having beat both Chicago and St. Louis on the road.  Elliott with both victories.

Hope for an OTL at least in this one....cuz Sunday is guaranteed loss night against the suddenly surging Oilers.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:Flames are certainly rounding into form now, having beat both Chicago and St. Louis on the road.  Elliott with both victories.

Hope for an OTL at least in this one....cuz Sunday is guaranteed loss night against the suddenly surging Oilers.

I think I'll just hope for a resounding W on the back of an energized and motivated HAMBURGLAR!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoff-Machine wrote:Flames are certainly rounding into form now, having beat both Chicago and St. Louis on the road.  Elliott with both victories.

While true, the Blackhawks have not been good, especially on the PK. Worst in the league and by a very wide margin. Their PK is 46.2% and the next worst (Nashville) is a whopping 68%. Heh, funny how adding PK to your team makes your PK the second worst in the league.

As for the Blues, that was the second in a home-and-home series after Calgary lost the first one at home (special incentive to return the favor), and the Blues played their backup.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Karls" Karlsson needs to pull up his damn socks vs. the Flames. Losing is not an option.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:"Karls" Karlsson needs to pull up his damn socks vs. the Flames. Losing is not an option.

I'll agree with this.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

Slight underdog tonight. I'm feeling the win

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd love a win, I hope you're right redacted.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:"Karls" Karlsson needs to pull up his damn socks vs. the Flames. Losing is not an option.

Fearing your wrath the Kaptain has responded. 

Good first for the Sens. Dzingel got another point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum