GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 Redblacks Grey Cup Championship Thread

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:did they win

No, blew a 15-point lead and lost in the second OT minigame. But Hamilton then lost to Edmonton so the Redblacks again need to just win to clinch the East.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Chris Milo is a late scratch so they have no place kicker. They are forced to go with the 2 point convert attempt and score both times. Then when it would have been something like a 52 year attempt they end up punting and the kicker puts it through the endzone for a single. 17-3 at the half.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

This time they grabbed the lead and kept adding to it. 20-3 with under 3 minutes to go, they let the Bombers do the short plays to keep it to one possession. Winnipeg did score but my then there were just second left on the game clock, so Burris takes the knee twice and they can go and celebrate.

Six road wins is impressive. Now, if they could only start winning at home -- next week they close out the regular season against these same Winnipeg Bombers, who are still fighting to keep their playoff position. So it might be a nothing game for the Redblacks but probably not for the Bombers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The punter ended up making both of his field goal attempts. He hadn't done a placekick since college.

Redblacks -- the most penalized team in the league -- did not get a penalty until the 4th quarter (or very late in the 3rd), and it was not clear what it was (may have been verbal).

Redblacks intercepted the ball three times (almost 4) and turned the ball over on downs 2 more times. Burris was intercepted once. So a 5-1 turnover differential. Up to that point the Bombers were +31 to lead the league, while the Redblacks were -9.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First time in CFL history that four receivers (on the same receiving corps) got 1,000+ yards in two consecutive seasons. Williams, Ellingson, Jackson, Sinopoli.

Too bad Williams' season ended after 14 games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Redblacks are returning to the Grey Cup. First time about 50 years that an Ottawa team made it back to back.

Winning would be a major miracle, though. The Stamps are rolling.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This was the first time I had watched a CFL game since last year's Grey Cup. It was awesome...the weather made it spectacular. Highly entertaining. I see the Stamps are 8 point favourites for the Cup...oh well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Their overconfidence will be their undoing. That's about the only chance the Redbacks have.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Finally watched the game. Man that was pretty exciting. First almost a blowout, then some nail biting time. Lafrance replacing Madu and almost matching his full season output in one game was awesome.

I see that the Calgary players touched the Western trophy. That will be their undoing. Along with the overconfidence.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Finally watched the game. Man that was pretty exciting. First almost a blowout, then some nail biting time.   Lafrance replacing Madu and almost matching his full season output in one game was awesome.

I see that the Calgary players touched the Western trophy.  That will be their undoing. Along with the overconfidence.

I am very happy that I watched the game - it was great! And when the REDBLACKS started turning the ball over a bunch in the 2nd half...yikes. One of the most entertaining football games I've ever watched.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Breaking news! Calgary just won the Grey Cup. Their second championship in three years. Talk of GOAT. Why even bother playing the game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I guess they're apparently really good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not just good. Great. Dynasty. GOAT is actually in play. If they are so great, what happened to them last season?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

YUSS!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What. A. Game!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good for them, great stuff

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Quite the game. If it was a movie, you'd say it was too corny. 

With the clock working the way it does in the CFL, it seems like comebacks are always within reach. The REDBLACKS bent massively but didn't break. 

Hard not to root for Hank...the guy is amazing. 

Feels good!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Watched the game in the US-of A. I can't get into CFL football, but I'm very happy that the Ottawa team won the grey cup. Nice to have a pro team win a championship after so long!

Happy for the city, but especially happy for Prags. He kept this thread going all season long and clearly became a big fan of the team. Congrats Wprager. slowclap

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum