GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1

+3
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:So what are the points?  2 for picking the right team and a bonus for picking the series length as well?

Yeah,  that sounds good.   Maybe even 2 points for picking the exact length of series?

I was just going with the old Prager's Brackets format. Got 2 points for the winner and if you picked that correctly, another 1 bonus point for the number of games. Each round these numbers doubled. So a max of 96 points over the four rounds, and then 4 points up front for ante-ing up (back when I ran the pool with $$ entry fee) that brought it to an even 100.

Alternatively you could add a bonus point in each round for picking the most correct teams.

I think picking the winner should give you more points than picking the number of games.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:So what are the points?  2 for picking the right team and a bonus for picking the series length as well?

Yeah,  that sounds good.   Maybe even 2 points for picking the exact length of series?

I was just going with the old Prager's Brackets format.  Got 2 points for the winner and if you picked that correctly, another 1 bonus point for the number of games.  Each round these numbers doubled.  So a max of 96 points over the four rounds, and then 4 points up front for ante-ing up (back when I ran the pool with $$ entry fee) that brought it to an even 100.  

Alternatively you could add a bonus point in each round for picking the most correct teams.

I think picking the winner should give you more points than picking the number of games.  

I'm on board. Make it so.

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 2 Picard10

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I was just going with the old Prager's Brackets format.  Got 2 points for the winner and if you picked that correctly, another 1 bonus point for the number of games.  Each round these numbers doubled.  So a max of 96 points over the four rounds, and then 4 points up front for ante-ing up (back when I ran the pool with $$ entry fee) that brought it to an even 100.  

Sure, can you put in the OP.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure -- were you asking me to edit your first post?

Anyhow, a couple good games last night. Spezza with that move we all remember so well. Lou will have to be better than that or else I'm not getting the 2 points there.

So what do you think will happen tonight? Chicago will have their full lineup. They outplayed the Blues by a wide margin first game. Can Elliot steal more than one game? If the Blues don't wake up he'll have to steal the whole series for them to advance.

Nevertheless, after playing poorly, I guess it's still better to be up 1-0 than down. They know they didn't play well enough to win.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gonna be tough to go up 2 on Chicago, especially with Paul Bunyan coming back

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I cannot access dropbox from work. Can someone grab this file and email it to me?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/955066/2012_PlayOffs_Pool.xls

I'll enter everyone's picks and see if I can post a table here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yikes, Chicago kinda blew it

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Yikes, Chicago kinda blew it

Blew it? It's 2-1.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The game, they were in control and lost it in the third

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:FLA over NYI 6
TBAY over DET 6
PHI over WSH 7
NYR over PIT 6

ANA over NSH 6
SJ over LA 6
CHI over STl 6
MIN over DAL 6
Loving these... Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've got the playoff brackets spreadsheet done. Can't upload from work. I'll post the summary screen cap when I get home so every one can verify their picks.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I've got the playoff brackets spreadsheet done.  Can't upload from work.  I'll post the summary screen cap when I get home so every one can verify their  picks.
Still waiting......

Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I've got the playoff brackets spreadsheet done.  Can't upload from work.  I'll post the summary screen cap when I get home so every one can verify their  picks.
Still waiting......

Sarcasm

Just got home from the gym. Starving, so had to warm something up.

Here:

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 2 Captur11

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dear jesus, can I redo my picks?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're all looking poor, which should be impossible. ..

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:We're all looking poor, which should be impossible. ..

Yeah, true. Pretty remarkable really. I guess we'll be on relatively even footing come the 2nd round.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We're all looking poor, which should be impossible. ..

Yeah, true.  Pretty remarkable really.  I guess we'll be on relatively even footing come the 2nd round.

...and then we'll get it all wrong again... Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I dunno, I'm doing ok. Of my picks looks like Washington, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Dallas, St. Louis and San Jose are doing fine. Still haven't given up on Florida or Anaheim.

Although I read somewhere that Jagr hasn't scored in his last *34* playoff games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum