GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+8
dennycrane
spader
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 19]

16Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:03 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The royals have to pass us, they can't tie. We have the tiebreaker

17Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:50 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

"We" again. You live in Ottawa, man.

18Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They're my team as much as the Senators are though. I don't know what to say. If Ottawa had an MLB team, that would be different I guess.

19Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Apparently missed one of the games of the year just now. Angels came back and won 11-10, scoring 5 runs in the 9th after Texas was one strike away from clinching a WC.

20Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Apparently missed one of the games of the year just now.  Angels came back and won 11-10, scoring 5 runs in the 9th after Texas was one strike away from clinching a WC.

Did you see the last 2 minutes of the Eskimos Blue Bombers game?

21Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Apparently missed one of the games of the year just now.  Angels came back and won 11-10, scoring 5 runs in the 9th after Texas was one strike away from clinching a WC.

No, not at all a football guy to be honest.

22Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

No, not at all a football guy to be honest.

Neither am I, really. The Bombers kicker missed on 4 field goal attempts and one convert. Down by 1, about a minute left, he punches one in from a little over 40 (his misses were all in the 40s). But on the ensuing drive the Eskimos drive it down the field and with 5 seconds their kicker puts one in from 53 yards out. Not time left on the clock and Edmonton wins by 1.

23Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:21 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Way to go in hot, Jays!

24Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ha, yeah.

25Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:25 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Texas is gonna kill em. One of the hottest teams in the league, way better bullpen, and have some bangers as well.

Rangers sweep is my prediction

26Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Texas is gonna kill em. One of the hottest teams in the league, way better bullpen, and have some bangers as well.

I'm going to have to start writing down all the dumb Dung you say.

27Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:40 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Texas is gonna kill em. One of the hottest teams in the league, way better bullpen, and have some bangers as well.

I will do the same. "Mike Hoffman should score 35 goals" Wink

28Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know if any facet of the Rangers is better than the Jays. Not starting pitching or hitting, that's for sure. Better bullpen? That too is debatable.

29Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:21 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Except that's reasonable considering he'll get increased ice time, more PP time, and better linemates this season. Saying the Jays, the hottest team in the league since the All-Star break, are going to get swept is foolish, especially considering David Price is the Game 1 starter.

30Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So, if all goes to plan, I would imagine it lines up like this for the Jays:

1.Revere
2.Donaldson
3.Bautista
4.Encarnacion
5.Smoak/Colabello
6.Martin
7.Tulo
8.Goins
9.Pillar

Game 1: Price
Game 2: Stroman
Game 3: Dickey (going to Texas, hot weather, knuckle will work, they'll probably leave him for 3rd)
Game 4: Estrada or Price, depending on what the series is at
Game 5: Stroman or Price or Stroman, depending on what the series is at

That lineup is disgusting. Damn!!

31Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:32 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Except that's reasonable considering he'll get increased ice time, more PP time, and better linemates this season.  Saying the Jays, the hottest team in the league since the All-Star break, are going to get swept is foolish, especially considering David Price is the Game 1 starter.

David Price has not proven anything in the playoffs. I wouldn't consider it a lock that he wins Game 1.

As for Hoffman, no it's not reasonable as of yet. 35 goals is a lot and he won't get much more PP time by the looks of it.

32Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Give us a break Ev, no one really cares if you think the Jays are gonna lose. Say it once and move on, this is serious time for us.

33Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:41 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Give us a break Ev, no one really cares if you think the Jays are gonna lose.  Say it once and move on, this is serious time for us.

oh sorry I didn't know I wasn't allowed to discuss the games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum