GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Almost out of race track or hoping for a hail Mary pass

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My wife has been in hospital for just over a week because of another bowel obstruction. This one won't resolve and, due to the volume of disease, they can't do a bypass. What this means is they'll perform a stop gap procedure that will allow her to come home but, the average survival after that is three months.

This is devastating news.

We're still hoping that she can get success at a clinical trial in Pennsylvania. We plan to call when she's discharged.

We haven't given up but it doesn't look good.

- Unknown Author
Share this post on: reddit

SeawaySensFan

Post Thu May 28, 2015 2:29 pm by SeawaySensFan

Cap'n Clutch wrote:My wife has been in hospital for just over a week because of another bowel obstruction. This one won't resolve and, due to the volume of disease, they can't do a bypass. What this means is they'll perform a stop gap procedure that will allow her to come home but, the average survival after that is three months.

We're still hoping that she can get success at a clinical trial in Pennsylvania. We plan to call when she's discharged.

Don't give up, buddy. My son's girlfriend wasn't finding any solutions to her medical problem but she's lucky enough that her parents have the dough to explore options in the States and it worked out for her...

We don't get to talk as much but you're never far from my thoughts. All the best!

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:My wife has been in hospital for just over a week because of another bowel obstruction. This one won't resolve and, due to the volume of disease, they can't do a bypass. What this means is they'll perform a stop gap procedure that will allow her to come home but, the average survival after that is three months.

Don't give up, buddy. My son's girlfriend wasn't finding any solutions to her medical problem but she's lucky enough that her parents have the dough to explore options in the States and it worked out for her...

We don't get to talk as much but you're never far from my thoughts. All the best!

I'll echo that. All the best, Clutch. We're thinking of you guys.

This is terrible news, but we're all pulling for you and your wife. You're not out of options yet, as you say, there's the trial in the States. All the best to you and Mrs. Clutch.

Wow, that's tough. Hang in there, we're all pulling for you.

Sorry to hear Clutch. Hoping for the best

Flo The Action

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:28 pm by Flo The Action

Try and keep your spirits up. Positive thinking can go a long ways into fighting the tough battles.
We're all hoping the best for you.

Cap'n Clutch

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:20 pm by Cap'n Clutch

She's coming home this afternoon. I can honestly say I'm truly scared now. I used to have high hopes but, given a short time expectation really drives it home that the end really could be near without some sort of incredible turn of events.

SeawaySensFan

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:22 pm by SeawaySensFan

Cap'n Clutch wrote:She's coming home this afternoon. I can honestly say I'm truly scared now. I used to have high hopes but, given a short time expectation really drives it home that the end really could be near without some sort of incredible turn of events.

I'm not in your shoes but I'll continue to have high hopes for you, obviously. All the best.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum