GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Considering not vaccinating your kids?

+4
LeCaptain
Ev
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Considering not vaccinating your kids? Empty Considering not vaccinating your kids? Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2013/06/06/3776327.htm

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I have no problem vaccinating them. The risk from vaccination is far lower than the risk from not vaccinating. Even for the mild diseases like chicken pox, the benefits far outweigh the risks (http://www.squintmom.com/evidence-based-parenting/most-popular-science/should-i-vaccinate-my-child-for-chickenpox/). I must have had chicken pox when I was little because I got shingles when I was in my late thirties (yeah, it usually doesn't get you until you are past 60, but this was a particularly stressful period of my life -- the anticipate arrival of twins, and the very real possibility of losing both). Trust me, your kids will thank you when they see they visit their unvaccinated friends in hostpital, on a morphine drip for shingles.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

vaccinating your kids is too mainstream

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I've never been vaccinated until I was 18 (because I was forced to by Canadian Immigration).
Never had any problems, I actually developped an allergy after that Dammit!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm vaccinating my kid. In matters like this, I tend to defer to professional opinion, and most doctors recommend vaccinations.

6Considering not vaccinating your kids? Empty Re: Considering not vaccinating your kids? Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:27 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I'm vaccinating my kid.  In matters like this, I tend to defer to professional opinion, and most doctors recommend vaccinations.
Whether they recommend vaccinations wouldn't do it for me. I'd wonder if they get vaccinated and/or get their kids vaccinated.

7Considering not vaccinating your kids? Empty Re: Considering not vaccinating your kids? Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I'm vaccinating my kid.  In matters like this, I tend to defer to professional opinion, and most doctors recommend vaccinations.
Whether they recommend vaccinations wouldn't do it for me. I'd wonder if they get vaccinated and/or get their kids vaccinated.

They'll tell you that they vaccinate their own kids.

8Considering not vaccinating your kids? Empty Re: Considering not vaccinating your kids? Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:34 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

It's irresponsible not to.  Sorry.

9Considering not vaccinating your kids? Empty Re: Considering not vaccinating your kids? Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I agree with their professional opinion because to me they are family. If there was any concern they would let me know. Their kids are vaccinated and so are mine.
There are no guarantees that the kids can get sick with or without the vaccination however I prefer to have them vaccinated.

10Considering not vaccinating your kids? Empty Re: Considering not vaccinating your kids? Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When it comes to vaccination you should look to the research and what are those involved in that side of it saying.  The doctor should know a bit about it and hopefully endorse what research is saying but, the doctor isn't the expert in this area.

- Unknown Author

11Considering not vaccinating your kids? Empty Re: Considering not vaccinating your kids? Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:I've never been vaccinated until I was 18 (because I was forced to by Canadian Immigration).
Never had any problems, I actually developped an allergy after that  Dammit!

I'm happy for you that you were lucky enough to avoid the dangers that could have befallen you especially when you were a vulnerable infant.

- Unknown Author

12Considering not vaccinating your kids? Empty Re: Considering not vaccinating your kids? Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:17 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:

They'll tell you that they vaccinate their own kids.

That would help me make a decision. Still, I keep thinking about the time when I worked at the Civic Hospital. I heard a few nurses explaining why the majority of nurses weren't getting flu shots. They talked about colleagues getting ill immediately after and other problems. I haven't had a flu shot since. 

TheAvatar wrote:It's irresponsible not to.  Sorry.

It's irresponsible not to vaccinate or decline vaccinations without doing some research. That I can wrap my head around.

13Considering not vaccinating your kids? Empty Re: Considering not vaccinating your kids? Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:01 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
LeKing wrote:I've never been vaccinated until I was 18 (because I was forced to by Canadian Immigration).
Never had any problems, I actually developped an allergy after that  Dammit!

I'm happy for you that you were lucky enough to avoid the dangers that could have befallen you especially when you were a vulnerable infant.

Doctor recommended my parents not to vaccinate me. Different time, different place..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum