GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 60]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

just touch that Dung you Front Bums!!!!

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Suck it Fonz! Leave it in the room you arsehole!!!! Let's see if you have some answers tonight!!! Your one-man team got shut down bub!

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't believe New Jersey is in the Final!!!! What a weird playoffs!!!! Why am I shouting!!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That could have been us....Sad

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:That could have been us....Sad

We didn't have a Kovalchuk or Parise.

yet....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That could have been us....Sad

We didn't have a Kovalchuk or Parise.

yet....

Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So.... Devils and Kings in the SCF... Rags looked tired...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Got my prediction bang on.
Nice.

Would love to see DeBoer pull a Shaq... "Torts, how my ass taste?"

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bet the Devils give up their 1st rounder this way.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, might as well, unlikely you will get a chance to give up a worse pick than 29/30.

So next question is, what happens to the pick? Does the draft just "shrink" (i.e. skip their pick and 1st rnd is only 29 picks long), or do they give it to another team, or lottery it off?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:Yup, might as well, unlikely you will get a chance to give up a worse pick than 29/30.

So next question is, what happens to the pick? Does the draft just "shrink" (i.e. skip their pick and 1st rnd is only 29 picks long), or do they give it to another team, or lottery it off?

29 team first round. Simple as that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm getting ripped to shreds for basically calling the Rangers a one-man team and not much else. Am I wrong? We all saw what happened when Lundqvist leaked some.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:i'm getting ripped to shreds for basically calling the Rangers a one-man team and not much else. Am I wrong? We all saw what happened when Lundqvist leaked some.

Here? Or on another board?

Rangers got worn out by playing 14 games in the first two rounds. Their forte was blocking everything in sight and that *will* slow you down, eventually. Even if they were not seriously injured, and *were* still willing to lay down the body in front of those shots, you also have to be quick enough to get into those lanes in the first place.

And, let's face it, Lundqvist was not great in some of those games. After coming back from being down 0-3 the shot that beat him late in the game was not a good scoring chance.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Riprock wrote:Yup, might as well, unlikely you will get a chance to give up a worse pick than 29/30.

29 team first round. Simple as that.

It would be kind of cool to lottery it off though, with all 30 teams getting 1/30 of a chance.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:i'm getting ripped to shreds for basically calling the Rangers a one-man team and not much else. Am I wrong? We all saw what happened when Lundqvist leaked some.

Here? Or on another board?

Rangers got worn out by playing 14 games in the first two rounds. Their forte was blocking everything in sight and that *will* slow you down, eventually. Even if they were not seriously injured, and *were* still willing to lay down the body in front of those shots, you also have to be quick enough to get into those lanes in the first place.

And, let's face it, Lundqvist was not great in some of those games. After coming back from being down 0-3 the shot that beat him late in the game was not a good scoring chance.
When the Rangers' offense struggles, Lundqvist is their last line of defence... and their forwards were struggling big time... and Lundqvist wasn't able to bail them out. A "one-man team" is a bit of a stretch. They didn't get the goals they needed from their big guys and Lundqvist ran out of gas.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Didn't help with Torts playing the same four Dmen the whole game. Girardi, McDonough, Del Zotto, and Staal must of been exhausted by the last game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk wrote:Didn't help with Torts playing the same four Dmen the whole game. Girardi, McDonough, Del Zotto, and Staal must of been exhausted by the last game.

Yep, they could have used a fresh Wade Redden there. Would've been a game changer. Sarcasm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

The farther the Devils go.. the more chance Parise stays where he is. Lou will unload some contract to fit him in... he always does.

Pretty much too hard forechecking, fast skating teams for the final. Better than the shot-blocking defensive game.

Should be a good series. Volchy gets another crack at the Stanley Cup... but I really believe LA takes it...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum