GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 NHL Draft

+24
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
sens4win
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SensGirl11
Amnesia021
tim1_2
sandysensfan
cash
shabbs
spader
Flo The Action
ddt
PTFlea
Hoags
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
stempniaksen
Ev
LeCaptain
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

162012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:11 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Probably the worst year of all time for Canadian forwards.

172012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yup. Wonder if Tanner Pearson's raised his draft stocks after going undrafted?

182012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:29 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:Yup. Wonder if Tanner Pearson's raised his draft stocks after going undrafted?

No chance. Didn't stand out at the WJC as a 19 year old. Probably a 2nd round pick.

192012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man Central Scouting is nutty sometimes (most of the time). Radek Faksa isn't THAT good.

202012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:17 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Teams rankings will be totally different than central scouting so I always find this pretty useless.

212012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can see Pontus Ã…berg going to Ottawa, along with Gaunce as mentioned above. Ã…berg might drop a bit due to being injured during the WJ, and he fits the need for skill up front. Also the familiarity with Zibanejad helps a lot, given that they play on the same team and on the same line a lot. The two would been paired together during the WJ.

Gaunce would bring a hell of a lot to this team even though we don't have a big need at Centre right now. BPA as always, so I don't care about that. Gaunce has leadership and character out the ying yang, has a large body, and can score with the best of them. Seems like a Sens pick IMO.

222012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Teams rankings will be totally different than central scouting so I always find this pretty useless.

It is. I read the scouting book by Gare Joyce, and teams only care about these rankings just as a "guide", just to see if they've missed out on scouting somebody. Basically a checklist so to speak.

232012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:12 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I still want one of the three Swedish forwards, but we are winning ourselves out of that range (no complaints from me).

Also, that list is a joke.

242012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:19 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Central Scouting released its mid-season rankings: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=56839

7 of the top 10 are defenceman. Yakupov and Grigorenko are the 1st and 2nd ranked respectively.

Doesn't matter for Sens fans, Ottawa will be drafting somewhere between 20-30.

Sad This season is a disaster. Man, I sure wish we could get us some Yakorenko or whatever.

252012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:21 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Life's like a box of draft picks, you just never know what you're gonna get....

262012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:29 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Safe to say we'll be drafting a D-man this year ?

272012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Safe to say we'll be drafting a D-man this year ?

Quite safe.

282012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:35 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Life's like a box of draft picks, you just never know what you're gonna get....

No no no, get it right... It's "Life is like a box of chocolates, it's way overpriced and most things in it suck".

292012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:Central Scouting released its mid-season rankings: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=56839

7 of the top 10 are defenceman. Yakupov and Grigorenko are the 1st and 2nd ranked respectively.

Sad This season is a disaster. Man, I sure wish we could get us some Yakorenko or whatever.

The team is winning, that is good. Didn't think they COULD do it. Big difference between whether I wanted them to or thought they could. If I thought they could I'd want them to. They proved me and many others wrong.

Certainly if you aren't a playoff team, you'd be much better off finish lower in the standings. That's not hard to argue. It's like saying if you make the playoffs you are better to win the cup than not. Winning the draft lottery is the loser's equivalent of winning the cup. Either way, you got something to show for it. Even if you didn't use your #1 pick to draft a player but turned that 1 pick into many other assets, that is better than most other outcomes.

Anyways, the point I made is that Ottawa will likely draft 20-30. Maybe a but lower? I don't know - so it doesn't matter who the top 5 or 10 is, if it is out of the teams' range.

302012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The team is winning, that is good. Didn't think they COULD do it. Big difference between whether I wanted them to or thought they could. If I thought they could I'd want them to. They proved me and many others wrong.

Certainly if you aren't a playoff team, you'd be much better off finish lower in the standings. That's not hard to argue. It's like saying if you make the playoffs you are better to win the cup than not. Winning the draft lottery is the loser's equivalent of winning the cup. Either way, you got something to show for it. Even if you didn't use your #1 pick to draft a player but turned that 1 pick into many other assets, that is better than most other outcomes.

Anyways, the point I made is that Ottawa will likely draft 20-30. Maybe a but lower? I don't know - so it doesn't matter who the top 5 or 10 is, if it is out of the teams' range.

Not even close.

312012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yes, it is. What else could a non-playoff team ask for?

322012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:Yes, it is. What else could a non-playoff team ask for?

Umm, playoff bonus money?

332012 NHL Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 NHL Draft Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:30 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

At least it's not a fiasco. Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum