GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

MLB: September's Biggest Collapse

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:49 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Not confirmed yet but probably.

He should get a job fairly quickly. He could wok with Farrell in Toronto if he can't land a manager job (unlikely).

Why did he leave? Because of the clubhouse attitude he wasn't happy about?

17MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:49 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:u talking about francona?

Yeah.

18MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

He should get a job fairly quickly. He could wok with Farrell in Toronto if he can't land a manager job (unlikely).

Well there's two scenarios. It is either him leaving on his own or the club just not picking up his options for 2012 and 2013.

If he left then that is probably why. Maybe not having as much fun as he used to. He's been there for 7 years now, maybe he just wants a change.

There will be more decisions on the way as well. Pitching staff needs work (well not much but need better options than Lackey, and Wakfield certainly won't be back). Maybe Daisuke will be healed next year. Buchholz should be good.

Ortiz and Papelbon are both free agents. I have a feeling they could move on with both. Not sure though.

19MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Well there's two scenarios. It is either him leaving on his own or the club just not picking up his options for 2012 and 2013.

If he left then that is probably why. Maybe not having as much fun as he used to. He's been there for 7 years now, maybe he just wants a change.

There will be more decisions on the way as well. Pitching staff needs work (well not much but need better options than Lackey, and Wakfield certainly won't be back). Maybe Daisuke will be healed next year. Buchholz should be good.

Ortiz and Papelbon are both free agents. I have a feeling they could move on with both. Not sure though.

Huh...if I was that GM guy Epstein or whatever, I'd listen to Francona right here and now about what he felt was the issue for locker room breakdowns and start trying to fix that. The Sox still have an amazing roster even if this happened and Francona is the right man for the job. Of all the things that don't make sense to me personally, this is one of them.

And Ortiz? Surely he can't move on from Boston...can he? Papelbon I can easily see moving on, but Ortiz?

20MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ortiz is similar to Mo Vaughn. Huge hitter, loved, but he moved on as well. They might just want to go in a new direction. But I'm not saying it's 100% that he isn't on the team next year. He's earned a big extension after a great year, so they may not want to pay him what he is gonna command.

They may want to change the guard a bit. Varitek is gonna go as well, maybe Papi goes with him. It's fair to say that Ellsbury and Pedroia and Gonzalez (and maybe Youkilis) are the new go-to core players and they are gonna build around them.

21MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Back from Fenway. Clearly eports of Francona's dismissal were at best premature. At worst, completely wrong. Coming on #NESN w/ latest soon.

Tom Caron twitter. NESN host.

22MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard yesterday that he might leave, but it makes NO sense to me as an outsider looking in.

23MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Francona era is over. All the best you folically-challenged female parental unit diddler!

24MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bad decision...

25MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It was his decision

26MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh...

27MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Photo_an_unfortunate_moment_in_boston_bus_advertising

Facepalm jinxed

28MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Photo_an_unfortunate_moment_in_boston_bus_advertising

Facepalm jinxed
Oh man that's gotta hurt...

29MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

here we go...

tonight the Yanks try to stave off elimination and they're sending...

wait for it...

AJ Burnett to the mound. Let the games begin! Ahhhhh!

30MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol what a waste of time that was for the Rays. Sheer joy on Wednesday, out today. Later.

31MLB: September's Biggest Collapse - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB: September's Biggest Collapse Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:54 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:lol what a waste of time that was for the Rays. Sheer joy on Wednesday, out today. Later.

you know what's a waste? Playing stupendous baseball for 5 months only to piss it away in grand fashion in the final month. squirrel

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum