GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Havlat to San Jose for Heatley (to Wild)

+16
sandysensfan
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
wprager
Flo The Action
The Silfer Server
asq2
spader
Hoags
SDH89
dennycrane
SensHulk
NEELY
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really like Havlat. Thought he was great in Ottawa, when healthy. He will look great playing alongside Thornton and/or Marleau.

He always provided that speed and the ability to bust a game wide-open. He's a legitmate game-changer.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
He always provided that speed and the ability to bust a game wide-open. He's a legitmate game-changer.

And Heatley isn't which is why he was traded Laugh1

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:come on minny...hire clouston as an assistant coach please!!!!

A commenter on TSN mentioned that Clouston was in the running for the assistant coaching job. Don't know the source or if it is actually true.

Now that would be funny.

Would Heatley go to Fletcher and demand they not hire Clouston? Or if they do... does he request a trade even before he plays a game?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man, this trade made me laugh out loud... interesting to hear that there was a window where they could trade him... good luck to Havlat... I liked him as a player, great skill and fun to watch but that kicking incident left me scratching my head as to what he was thinking...

It will be interesting to see how Heatley works out in Minny... and how he likes the cold-Donkey winters there... heh heh.

Buckle up!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Man, this trade made me laugh out loud... interesting to hear that there was a window where they could trade him... good luck to Havlat... I liked him as a player, great skill and fun to watch but that kicking incident left me scratching my head as to what he was thinking...

It will be interesting to see how Heatley works out in Minny... and how he likes the cold-Donkey winters there... heh heh.

Buckle up!

He was thinking "This 6'5" a**hole has me pinned up against the top of the goal and I can't breath, much less say much; maybe his little brain can understand the universally known gesture for 'get the eff off me!'"

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Should I care? I read the News on twitter in Washington D.C., then told myself, meh whatever... Shrug

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It's funny to see the Wild spin this as a can't miss move. The two teams traded their problems for each other.

I wonder how Heatley will get along with a rookie defense minded coach in Minnesota.

He may have 1 good season before he implodes again.

He demanded 2 trades out of Atlanta and Ottawa, Sharks couldn't wait to be rid of him despite his injuries slowing him down and Fletcher thinks there are no questions as to his character.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, at least Heatley will "the man" in Minnesota (behind Koivu at least). I wonder if they'll give him an A to shut him up like we did.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

La Femme wrote:Should I care? I read the News on twitter in Washington D.C., then told myself, meh whatever... Shrug

You're in DC? Great place, I lived there for a pretty long time. If you're still there, you should check out the Spy Museum. Doesn't get as much respect since it's not on the Mall and not part of the Smithsonian, and thus you have to pay, but it is pretty damn cool.

The one museum that is a must see is the Holocaust museum. But my God is it ever heavy. Pretty tough to see, but very well done.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Since I have yet to comment on this;

Laugh1 Laughing3 :KKK: Tongue

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting article from an Oilers perspective...

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568555

If they had acquired Heatley back in 2009... they might not be looking at Hall and RNH in their lineup...

Interesting...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's a hard argument to prove. If they got Heatley, they'd have lost Penner, Smid and Cogliano. The Oilers traded Penner remember, so they also got a pick(s) from that. The loss of those 3 + addition of Heatley wouldn't have made much difference in standings I would have to think. Heatley alone would not have won them more games.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's impossible to prove... but interesting to ponder...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:That's a hard argument to prove. If they got Heatley, they'd have lost Penner, Smid and Cogliano. The Oilers traded Penner remember, so they also got a pick(s) from that. The loss of those 3 + addition of Heatley wouldn't have made much difference in standings I would have to think. Heatley alone would not have won them more games.
I tend to agree. did heatley win us the cup huh HUH! :crossarms: i THINK NOT. Sarcasm But heatley is far from being the reason SJS has faired the way they have in the past couple of playoffs. his lack of compete might have hindered them more then helped. dare I say a certain cheechoo might have been a better fit on that 3rd line? dare i say they might have made the finals Sarcasm Sarcasm
I dare not...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Damn...watch this just for the 'midget reporter' part of it. Hilarious stuff.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

This is my favourite one of all time: https://youtu.be/cWgw5X9bHVI

I was mowing the lawn yesterday, saying these lines......

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The decline of Dany Heatley

Good analysis of the Allstar's decline.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amazing! A poster named Pitlick posted this on HFBoards:

"I got up feeling so down