GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stamkos not close to deal - offer sheets being prepared?

+11
dennycrane
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
shabbs
Flo The Action
Riprock
Ev
spader
NEELY
SensHulk
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also heard from #NHL draft #Lightning and RFA Stamkos are not close to getting a deal done. Teams are eligible to submit offer sheet July 1

twitter.com/RealKyper

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

hmm well the obvious question....after this year's draft haul, is it worth it to put in a lucrative offer???

I am aware of the reverse effects when Penner got his offer sheet and kessel was basically given an offer sheet trade, but stamkos >>>>>>>> penner, Kessell combined

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:hmm well the obvious question....after this year's draft haul, is it worth it to put in a lucrative offer???

I am aware of the reverse effects when Penner got his offer sheet and kessel was basically given an offer sheet trade, but stamkos >>>>>>>> penner, Kessell combined

12 years, 108 million (9 million per year), takes him until he's 34 or whatever, you spend 4 1st rounders or whatever and get a generational talent.

I think a lot of teams will be interested to say the least. Ahhhhh!

I'd also put the chances of him leaving TB at 1 million to 1. :crossarms:

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Stamkos is a very, very nice player but how much has he done on his own? St.Louis literally might be the best player in The NHL aside from Crosby. Any team offering Stamkos an offer sheet worth 3 or 4 first round picks might regret it.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Stamkos is a very, very nice player but how much has he done on his own? St.Louis literally might be the best player in The NHL aside from Crosby. Any team offering Stamkos an offer sheet worth 3 or 4 first round picks might regret it.

I haven't watched TBL much, but how's his 2-way game? Is he more of a stick-in-the-air type, capitalizing on MSL's sick vision, or is he creating his own offence? Is he responsible defensively?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd do it. Stamkos makes your team a contender. St. Louis helped him but a lot of his production is on his own as well. He's a 1st overall pick.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I hope Ottawa is out of the question. We'll be Cussed when Karlsson, Cowen and Lehner are due for massive raises. (and certainly others). I'm a develop your own guy kind of guy.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I hope Ottawa is out of the question. We'll be Cussed when Karlsson, Cowen and Lehner are due for massive raises. (and certainly others). I'm a develop your own guy kind of guy.

Good point. Its best to steer clear of such shortcuts.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Dash wrote:I hope Ottawa is out of the question. We'll be Cussed when Karlsson, Cowen and Lehner are due for massive raises. (and certainly others). I'm a develop your own guy kind of guy.

Good point. Its best to steer clear of such shortcuts.
I think he'd be sick in Ottawa. I'm not for offer sheets personally but I wouldn't be mad if it happened. there's a good point being made about st-Louis being a big reason why this kid is so good. But he's also good on his own. 1st rounders can be attained inother ways. Holmgreb has shown that time and time again. But BM is not this type of GM that would pull an offer sheet.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

yeah but the fact he hasn't already agreed to a contract probably means they're not in agreement on term of overall cap hit. It would take a big cap hit to get him here and for tampa to not match and after that, we'd be back in a similar situation where we have to let players go because of a lack of cap space. I think that chara mistake should never happen again.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TBay will match any offer sheet presented... book it.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:TBay will match any offer sheet presented... book it.

The two most nonsensical suggestions I've had to endure for the last week or so are 1) that Stamkos is going to play anywhere other than TB for a long while to come, and 2) that PHI has lots of cap space right now and can sign B. Richards. I'm not sure which one hurts my head the most.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

60 million X 8 year (7.5 per) for Stamkos coming? Nice deal if true.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

The two most nonsensical suggestions I've had to endure for the last week or so are 1) that Stamkos is going to play anywhere other than TB for a long while to come, and 2) that PHI has lots of cap space right now and can sign B. Richards. I'm not sure which one hurts my head the most.

If the Flyers want to, they'll clear the room to add him and be f-ing ridiculous next season. They have some signings to make, but Versteeg on line 3 for 3+ million isn't something to keep around when you can get Richards.

The Stamkos 'rumours' were the dumbest thing I've heard in a while though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

If the Flyers want to, they'll clear the room to add him and be f-ing ridiculous next season. They have some signings to make, but Versteeg on line 3 for 3+ million isn't something to keep around when you can get Richards.

The Stamkos 'rumours' were the dumbest thing I've heard in a while though.

Agreed. Philly does have some moveable pieces in Versteeg, Coburn, and Carle. They can also dump someone like Laperriere in the minors or on LTIR. They could also trade Leino, Voracek, and/or Simmonds. If they really wanted to make a push for Richards they could realistically do it. That being said, I think he ends up a Ranger. No way he goes from two small market teams in Dallas and Tampa to Toronto; New York seems like the perfect fit for him. Big market, but still not in a media-crazed hockey environment. Good wingers on each side, good depth on the team, Tortorella... it just makes sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum