GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Richards traded to LA!

+14
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
Money Farmer
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
wprager
spader
dennycrane
Hoags
asq2
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

16Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Holy Shizmit.

17Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:18 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Had to be done. They traded 2 douche bags for guys with character and that can contribute. That said, Giroux is a nice player when he isn't playing against the other teams top players, can he handle the load along with JVR? We'll see.

18Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:22 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Am I the only person that thinks the Philly organization is a joke right now? They've had huge success in the last 2 years and end up trading 2 guys that are arguably the face of the franchise (after signing them to long term deals with promises they wouldn't be going anywhere).

I hope like hell this bites them in the Donkey going into next year. This isn't the way to run a business.

19Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:24 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:Am I the only person that thinks the Philly organization is a joke right now? They've had huge success in the last 2 years and end up trading 2 guys that are arguably the face of the franchise (after signing them to long term deals with promises they wouldn't be going anywhere).

I hope like hell this bites them in the Donkey going into next year. This isn't the way to run a business.

The question is, have they upgraded with these deals?

Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds, 8th, 69th, room for Bryz, plus another pick from LAK for Richards and Carter? I think they're in better shape now than they were an hour ago.

20Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:24 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

stempniaksen wrote:Am I the only person that thinks the Philly organization is a joke right now? They've had huge success in the last 2 years and end up trading 2 guys that are arguably the face of the franchise (after signing them to long term deals with promises they wouldn't be going anywhere).

It was a matter of time before that place turned into Ottawa. Philly bite the bullet before any more damage was done, like NTC kicking in. Believe it or not teams learned from Ottawa's situation for all the wrong reasons.

21Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:

Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds, 8th, 69th, room for Bryz, plus another pick from LAK for Richards and Carter? I think they're in better shape now than they were an hour ago.

Short term, no, they took a hit to their on ice product. Long term this may be even better for The Flyers.

22Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Okay, where were we with this one? WTF! I guess there was no way they were trading him to the East.

23Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:28 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

Short term, no, they took a hit to their on ice product. Long term this may be even better for The Flyers.

I guess that it remains to be seen. If Voracek continues to improve, he's not much of a downgrade. Same goes for Simmonds. Bryz should keep them in every game to account for the (minor) drop in production. Schenn + 8th + 69th + LAK pick puts this trade over the top for Philly, imo.

EDIT: the pick is a 2nd from LAK

24Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think they will suffer the next year or two for sure, after that... they could be the powers in The East. A lot has to play out for them though. Giroux has to be a legit number 1 center. JVR has to be a legit top line winger. Brieir has to continue to put up big numbers. Schenn has to make an impact right away.

A lot of unknowns for Philly but the risk was clearly the better option than the status quo.

25Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
It was a matter of time before that place turned into Ottawa. Philly bite the bullet before any more damage was done, like NTC kicking in. Believe it or not teams learned from Ottawa's situation for all the wrong reasons.

That's a good point, shame we didn't act sooner here in Ottawa.

26Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hmm. Just noticed that PHI now has to sign both Voracek and Symmonds, who are both RFAs. I wonder if they can get those two, plus Bryz and Leino, all under wraps?

Also, wow @ the additional 2nd.

27Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Even though they did well in the Carter trade - I'm not convinced about the Richards trade at all frankly - what they did is a huge black mark. The last time a team signed someone to that kind of deal, then traded them right before their NTC kicked in was the Leafs and Mike Gardiner (sp) if I remember.

28Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:

Absolutely not.

Carter > Voracek
Richards > Schenn
Simmonds = 3rd liner (good one, but 3rd liner none the less)
8th + 69th = Complete unknowns
Bryzy = Yet to be determined, seems like an upgrade on paper

29Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Okay, where were we with this one? WTF! I guess there was no way they were trading him to the East.

Diddle that, the more I hear about the douchbaggery of Richards and Carter, the more it reminds me of Ottawa a few years ago.

30Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Money Farmer

Money Farmer
Prospect
Prospect

Must be something seriously wrong with Richards (character wise). They just gave him a 78 year deal.....

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

31Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:37 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Okay, where were we with this one? WTF! I guess there was no way they were trading him to the East.

Diddle that, the more I hear about the douchbaggery of Richards and Carter, the more it reminds me of Ottawa a few years ago.

I know for a fact how big of douche bags those guys are. I'm not shocked in the very least.

32Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:38 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Hmm. Just noticed that PHI now has to sign both Voracek and Symmonds, who are both RFAs. I wonder if they can get those two, plus Bryz and Leino, all under wraps?

Also, wow @ the additional 2nd.

Holy Diddle. That makes a big difference. The $13M that they "freed" up in cap space is about to get a couple huge bites taken out of it.

33Mike Richards traded to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Richards traded to LA! Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I know for a fact how big of douche bags those guys are. I'm not shocked in the very least.

Who cares about Carter, he never impressed me, but what were the issues with Richards?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum