GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Superbowl XLV

+10
dennycrane
wprager
shabbs
spader
Riprock
SDH89
TheAvatar
caissie_1
Cap'n Clutch
Number Twenty Nine
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who will win Superbowl XLV?

Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Vote_lcap263%Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 63% [ 5 ]
Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Vote_lcap237%Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

The production of the BEP concert was really bad - I won't comment on their actual performance, but the mixing was really bad. You could barely make out Slash's guitar.

17Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:22 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Holy Dung, do I ever hate the Black Eyed Peas.

I never heard of them until they did the half-time show at a Grey Cup game a few years back. I came close to writing a letter to the CRTC.

18Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:27 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dirty bit.

19Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:36 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Sound was awful but the production was good.

I'm in the US this weekend so I'm just happy to see the Super Bowl commercials instead of ads for shows on CTV.

20Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Someone tweeted: God - never in my life have I wanted @kanyewest to interrupt a performance more. #superbowl #blackeyedpeas

Laughing3

21Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Sound was awful but the production was good
I actually meant the sound production.

22Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, game's over. When can I see the ads? Where can I see the ads? Apparently Ozzy's was pretty funny ("What's a 'Bieber'?")

23Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:14 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:OK, game's over. When can I see the ads? Where can I see the ads? Apparently Ozzy's was pretty funny ("What's a 'Bieber'?")

www.foxsports.com/ads

EDIT: ^ That site is brutal.

This is the best that I've found so far: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2011/02/super_bowl_commercials_which_o.html

24Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:55 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Holy Dung, do I ever hate the Black Eyed Peas.

Bah, they're good at what they're doing (make the youth dance).

I kinda listen to a lot of genres, from the 50's to now, and even though Music today disgusts me, I must admit The BEPs, production-wise, is fairly good.

25Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

watching the game, the Steelers certainly had the flavorings of the Senators of a month back. Penalties, mis-ques and turnovers. Big "comeback" only to come up short and get in the nuts.

I've seen this movie one too many times.....

26Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

21 points off of turnovers. That is all that needs to be said.

27Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Sound was awful but the production was good
I actually meant the sound production.

The sound always comes across bad for live concerts in stadiums like that. It's been the same for every Superbowl halftime show I can remember.

I thought the bit with Slash playing Sweet Child of Mine was cool, but that chick in the Black Eyed Peas is just weird.

28Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Super Bowl ads: http://superbowlads.fanhouse.com/

29Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That link, Shabbs, did they put all the ads in one loop? Seeing that preview for Thor and hearing Sir Anthony Hopkins' voice after just having read how he did Hannibal because he was "bored" of the theater -- at first I thought it looked like a cheesy piece of fluff. But it's got Natalie Portman (whom I've enjoyed since The Professional and Beautiful Girls, and despite the Star Wards prequels) and Branagh directed it. Should be pretty good, right? Right?

Back to watching the rest.

30Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:36 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:That link, Shabbs, did they put all the ads in one loop? Seeing that preview for Thor and hearing Sir Anthony Hopkins' voice after just having read how he did Hannibal because he was "bored" of the theater -- at first I thought it looked like a cheesy piece of fluff. But it's got Natalie Portman (whom I've enjoyed since The Professional and Beautiful Girls, and despite the Star Wards prequels) and Branagh directed it. Should be pretty good, right? Right?

Back to watching the rest.
Yeah, I think if you watch one, then they just keep playing them... they have them listed by the quarter they were shown in. Some pretty good ones there. The Dorito's ones are hilarious.

31Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh god, not again. Another Transformers movie? I was "meh" on the first one and didn't even watch the second one. I'm too far behind now.

P.S. No, not hijacking the thread, just going through the Superbowl ads.

32Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:58 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Transformers 3... no Megan Fox = FAIL.

33Superbowl XLV - Page 2 Empty Re: Superbowl XLV Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dunno, I enjoyed the Transformers’ movies. They are absurd, but entertaining. No Megan Fox is a bit of a hit, but I’ll still watch the third one.

And yes, the Doritos commercials stole the show for me. That one with buddy licking the guy’s fingers…I snorted chili out my nose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum