GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dr. Don Chow (Sens' team doctor) in critical condition after motorcycle accident

+5
SensGirl11
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Picked this up on Twitter, and then this on CFRA.com:

http://cfra.com/?cat=1&nid=75254
Motorcyclist Critically Injured South of Experimental Farm

Jason McIntyre
Saturday, August 28, 2010

Severe.

That's how the Ottawa Paramedic Service describes a 53-year-old's injuries.

Just before 3:00 p.m. Saturday, a motorcycle and a mid-sized car collided at the intersection of Fisher Avenue and Kintyre Private.

The male biker was rushed to an area hospital in critical condition.

The elderly female motorist required further treatment for her minor injuries.

Fisher between Dynes Road and Forestpark Avenue was closed for about four and a half hours.

No charges have been laid in the case.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=332084

One of the Ottawa Senators' team doctors is in critical condition after being involved in a serious accident while riding a motorcycle on Saturday afternoon.

Dr. Donald Chow, 53, was confirmed on Sunday as the victim of a crash involving another vehicle. Chow is the Head Physician among the Senators' team of six doctors. He practices as an orthopaedic surgeon and is also an assistant professor in the faculty of medicine at the University of Ottawa. He specializes in spine treatment.

The crash happened at about 3:00 p.m. on Fisher Avenue between Baseline Road and Meadowlands Drive.

Chow was riding his motorcycle when it slammed into the passenger side of a car. Chow was thrown from the motorcycle and rushed to hospital.

He is listed in critical condition and has severe head and chest injuries. The woman driving the car had minor injuries.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bad news, wish him the best of luck.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And my son wants a motorbike. No thanks.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

crazy stuff. This is pretty close to where I live, alas I didn't leave my house all day saturday. Hope he can battle through this.

Unfortunately it happens again, the motorist will likely only be charged with failing to yield or improper turn not negligence causing injury or death. Hopefully there is the best possible outcome for this victim.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

This is very sad news, I hope that he pulls through.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm VERY nervous for Chow and his family right now. You get the sense that he's hanging on by a thread.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:And my son wants a motorbike. No thanks.
yep and unfortunetely it's usualy the car drivers fault. bikers tend to be very aware of their surroundings(for these obvious reasons) and obviously we get the dung end of the stick. i've been riding for 7 years and it's my main mode of transportations. I haven't had any major problems but i'm careful.

SSF if your son wants a bike my guess is he'll eventualy get one (i remember my mother when i was child forbidding me to take a ride on my cop uncles back seat, and 25 years later...). i just hope for your sake that he's not into sports bikes. the culture around those bikes is dangerous as all hell. nudge him in the direction of custom bikes if you can. they're best for cruising instead of you and friends racing till death's door.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

god bless his family; good luck to Doc Chow.

It's times like these that we realize what is really important.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This morning they had a breakthrough! Chow was responding to docs asking him to move his fingers!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:This morning they had a breakthrough! Chow was responding to docs asking him to move his fingers!

Incredible! He's a warrior that Doc Chow RocknRoll

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That is great news.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Yikes. My thoughts and prayers.

The team of Doctors that work for professional sports teams are a vital and integral piece to the winning puzzle. They are closer to the players than the average person is to their family physician.

Hang in there Doc.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

The average person doesn't have a GP actually.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum