GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Van Ryn retires; joins Niagara (OHL)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

At the end of June it was announced that Leaf's defenceman Mike Van Ryn would miss his second straight season to injury, and he has now been named the assistant coach of the Niagara Ice Dogs of the OHL (according to Tony Ambrogio c/o Twitter Tonyambrogio200).

Tonyambrogio200 Best of luck fo former Leaf Mike Van Ryn who today was named an assistant coach of Niagara IceDogs of OHL joining coach Marty Williamson.

So, does one assume that he is done as a professional hockey player? This might be the quietest retirement from the NHL.

Last edited by Dash on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wow....you can do that??? this is quite unorthodox

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, that is the part that is confusing. I have neither seen nor heard of any such announcement of a retirement, and at his not so young age (not in his 20s I mean) and the significant injuries and time lost to said injuries, I would not be surprised if he called it a career, and this new job makes you think it is.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.thestar.com/article/840370--leafs-defenceman-mike-van-ryn-retires

It's official now; Mike Van Ryn has retired from hockey. Saves the Leafs some $$$

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum