GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights to Hamhuis re-traded - this time to Pittsburgh

+6
rooneypoo
beerandsens
asq2
SensHulk
Riprock
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For a 3rd in 2011 apparently. Don't know of any conditions yet.

Game on again...Pittsburgh must be losing Gonchar and now they've lost their chance on Ballard. Vancouver's done with Hamhuis I assume, so I guess this is how all that shook out?

Or will he test the UFA waters on July 1? Laugh1 Oh the drama...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Uh... so what the hell did Philly get out of all this dealing? They lost Parent for a 3rd round pick next year?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

mah he must really want a butt load of money. Vochenkov money Rights to Hamhuis re-traded - this time to Pittsburgh 159628

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Uh... so what the hell did Philly get out of all this dealing? They lost Parent for a 3rd round pick next year?

That's not bad at all IMO. Parent's nothing (again, IMO).

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Can we trade Volchenkov's rights to Philly now? Rights to Hamhuis re-traded - this time to Pittsburgh 159628

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can we trade Lee to Phoenix for the rights to Michalek please? I'd like to get that signed, sealed and delivered.

Then, can we move someone and Volchenkov for a late 2nd please?

Thanks! Ahhhhh!

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Rights to Hamhuis re-traded - this time to Pittsburgh 270956

Is Lee even a Senator anymore? Seriously, I have more of a need for a vibrator then Ottawa has for Lee.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Is Lee even a Senator anymore? Seriously, I have more of a need for a vibrator then Ottawa has for Lee.

He is...until tomorrow well before this time. Even if it's for a 3rd, it's happening tomorrow. What use is he right now to the Sens? Even as a 5, 6 guy?

5, 6 guys are a dime a dozen and even then they have a bunch of 5, 6 D men coming through the system as well.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Uh... so what the hell did Philly get out of all this dealing? They lost Parent for a 3rd round pick next year?

+ a conditional pick from NSH, in the event that Hamhuis wasn't signed. So, now they get that pick. I think it's a third.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

+ a conditional pick from NSH, in the event that Hamhuis wasn't signed. So, now they get that pick. I think it's a third.

I'm not sure but I think I remember it being a 7th.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:5, 6 guys are a dime a dozen and even then they have a bunch of 5, 6 D men coming through the system as well.

Karlsson, Phillips, Kuba, Campoli, Carkner are locks. Hopefully we sign one of Sutton or Michalek too. Lee, currently, is the #7 defenceman.

I guess we have to figure out whether the team believes D. Smith can fill that role. And who becomes the 8th guy? Craig Schira? Or do you let Wiercioch have a few games? Is Gryba going to Bingo?

This is an issue for one more season because we're going to have a tonne of young defencemen challenging for spots in 2010-2011. But it still is something of an issue given our limited cap-space/desire to re-sign Cullen.

Hopefully a 3rd or 4th and Volchenkov's rights are enough to move up and grab a forward, but I'd move Lee depending on who's available. Like I said before, there's still a lot of forward talent to be picked.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PLEASE don't let us give up on Michalek for any reason. Stay the course! Ahhhhh!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

From Twitter:
Forechecker I've confirmed with the Preds that because Philly traded Hamhuis, Nashville gets to keep their conditional draft pick. Parent's a freebie!

I don't care if Parent wasn't doing anything for Philly to date, that is a bad trade. Good for Nashville.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum