GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLUE JAYS pick righty Deck McGuire with the 11th overall pick

+2
Ev
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Alex Gonzalez is only good for defence, he's just off to a hot start with the bat. I watched him in every Sox game for the most part last year, he is almost bad as John McDonald.

Tulowitzki is a potential franchise shortstop, the Jays could have used him as their shortstop of the future used to be Russ Adams lol.

Romero's gaining ground but there's still a gap between him and Tulo. He has looked great so far this year, though.

Don't forget the Jays won the bidding war with that Cuba shortstop kid.

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Alex Gonzalez is only good for defence, he's just off to a hot start with the bat. I watched him in every Sox game for the most part last year, he is almost bad as John McDonald.

Tulowitzki is a potential franchise shortstop, the Jays could have used him as their shortstop of the future used to be Russ Adams lol.

Romero's gaining ground but there's still a gap between him and Tulo. He has looked great so far this year, though.

Good point, I read in Sports Illustrated that the Yankees wanted him badly -- wanted to groom him to replace Jeter.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Good point, I read in Sports Illustrated that the Yankees wanted him badly -- wanted to groom him to replace Jeter.

Really? I heard he had the potential to be awesome, but I didn't hear that kind of lip service. That's pretty sexy. The Jays might be amazing sooner rather than later.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's Adeiny Hechavarria's (the Cuban shortstop) stats this season:

Year Age* Lg Tm G AB H 2B 3B HR RBI R SB CS BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
2010 22 A+ Dun 24 101 23 6 3 0 6 12 3 0 1 16 .228 .235 .347 .582
*age as
of 7/1 of that season

Also, in the secound round, the Blue Jays have selected Griffin Murphy, a LHP out of Redlands East Valley HS in California, and Kellen Sweeney, a 3B out of Jefferson HS in Iowa.

Red Sox drafted a big Texas righty Brandon Workman. He was also supposed to go in the first round but slipped because most teams porbably wouldn't have been able to sign him. It's weird in baseball that if you can't sign your pick, he goes back in the draft next year or the year after I believe.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:"Best rotation" might be a stretch, they still would have to beat out my Red Sox rotation, but Romero, Marcum, Drabek, Cecil, Morrow potentially McGowan, and this recent pick along with last year's could from a very solid rotation. Good depth.

I guess that's exactly why they did it. Romero is an undisputed stud, so he's the number one, Marcum is a number two guy, McGowan would be a perfect #1, but we should put him at 3 seeing as how many set-backs he's had. 4th is Cecil and the 5th spot is between Drabek, Morrow and this pick.

I like those odds of having a powerful 5 starting rotation. Ahhhhh!

Forget about McGowan ever starting agian his arm cant handle it. I wouldnt discount him from the bullpen tho, lord knows they need help there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jays draft Justin Nicolino a LHP out of University HS in Florida with the 80th pick. He's one of the many high school pitchers with a high upside, apparently.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm no baseball fan, but I find it funny that 4 Jays picks were all 6'4"+ lol. Maybe they thought they were drafting for the Raptors?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's always good to have big and tall pitchers. Most pitchers being drafted are around 6'2" or more, although there are some exceptions like Cito Culver, the Yankees draft pick in the first round, who is 5'11".

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With the 93rd pick, the Blu Jays select 3B/SS Christopher Hawkins out of North Gwinnett HS in Georgia.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:
Forget about McGowan ever starting agian his arm cant handle it. I wouldnt discount him from the bullpen tho, lord knows they need help there.

I dunno about that, his arm from the Tommy John or whatever it was is back, but it's a different injury now. I think he might be able to get back. We'll see though of course, but I certainly wouldn't count him out.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Blue Jays select Marcus Knecht, a LF out of Connors State in OK. Hometown: Toronto, ON.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Blue Jays select Marcus Knecht, a LF out of Connors State in OK. Hometown: Toronto, ON.

I knew they'd get this guy. How could they resist?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Jays like the homegrown talent I see. My neighbour was drafted by them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Jays like the homegrown talent I see. My neighbour was drafted by them.

Yeah? That's awesome!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm sure it was, but it didn't end so great. He blew his knee out at like 16 or something - career done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum