GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emery suffering from avascular necrosis

+5
PTFlea
Riprock
TheAvatar
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Emery suffering from avascular necrosis Empty Emery suffering from avascular necrosis Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know him being done for the season is old news but did all of you know just how career threatening this is? I also provided a link regarding this condition at the bottom.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4960130

"He is suffering from avascular necrosis and will have a bone graft done to alleviate his hip issues," Holmgren said in a news release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avascular_necrosis

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, didn't know that.

Proposed risk factors include alcoholism, excessive steroid use, ...

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Wow, didn't know that.

Proposed risk factors include alcoholism, excessive steroid use, ...

In some cases it is idiopathic (no cause is found).[12]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets also not forget this:

There are many theories about what causes avascular necrosis.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I'm going to refrain from making any judgments on a cause, and just hope he is able to play at the professional level again. All things aside, I still like Ray as a player and a character.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just thought it was thread worthy because of just how threatening this could potentially be for Emery's career.

The amount of disability that results from avascular necrosis depends on what part of the bone is affected, how large an area is involved, and how effectively the bone rebuilds itself.

And this:

Avascular necrosis cut short the football and baseball careers of star athlete Bo Jackson.

- Unknown Author

Well, looks like being an idiot cost him because it his career is over he has no long term contract to fall back on.

Tough break, oh well. NHL is a better place without this clown anyways.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wonder if he had this issue as far back as the 2006/07 season? Wasn't he playing through some hip issues back then?

If so his career could very realistically be over.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He can eat Dung and die. He never have any effort coming back from his wrist injury for us, made us buy him out and waste money and cap space and was basically an arse hat here.

This is karma Ray, I doubt you'll ever play again. Tough luck.

10Emery suffering from avascular necrosis Empty Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's pretty harsh for a guy that played a pretty big roll in getting us to the Finals for the first time in the modern era of the Sens.

Granted he was playing behind a well oiled machine up until the final but he still helped get us there.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's pretty harsh for a guy that played a pretty big roll in getting us to the Finals for the first time in the modern era of the Sens.

Granted he was playing behind a well oiled machine up until the final but he still helped get us there.

People who say negative things about Ray's play in our ascent to the Finals have always been wrong, he came in and saved our season and was very solid in our run, but does that give him carte blanche to Diddle us up the arse? Because he messed us up good. He was terribly lazy in rehabbing, he bailed on this team, he needed to be bought out because no one wanted to deal with this Dung for brains.

To me everything good he did was erased the day we needed to PAY HIM to stay the heck away from our team. Boo. Never forgive him for that. Idiot.

SpezDispenser wrote:He can eat Dung and die. He never have any effort coming back from his wrist injury for us, made us buy him out and waste money and cap space and was basically an arse hat here.

I dont really believe in Karma, but yes, good things tend to happen to good people.

Emery isnt doing anything tha Elliott is doing right now and better. The guy was the main reason this team fell apart because if his drug habbit and his Dung play. I dont wish things apon people but I could care less what happens to him. This is a guy that blew a once in a life time opportuinity and it actually looks good on him if his career is over. He will go down as a guy who screwed it all up because he is an idiot, just like a lot of people including myself said he would. He is indeed Jim "the net detective" Carey.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:He can eat Dung and die. He never have any effort coming back from his wrist injury for us, made us buy him out and waste money and cap space and was basically an arse hat here.

What the hell is this? The guy obviously makes an effort to come back and put his life back on track, only to have a serious medical problem threaten his career, and you say "eat Dung and die"?

Unbelievable...

I wish Ray the best, he deserves it.

Tuk Tuk wrote:

What the hell is this? The guy obviously makes an effort to come back and put his life back on track, only to have a serious medical problem threaten his career, and you say "eat Dung and die"?

Unbelievable...

LOL, no he doesnt. If anything what is happening right now is 100% what he deserves.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:

Unbelievable...

What? How does Ray Emery deserve anything? He messed his wrist up - that's not his fault, could happen to anyone. He comes back to the Sens out of shape, they look the other way and allow him time to rehab himself and get into proper shape. After that, it's really well documented how lazy he was in practice and with the conditioning staff. To the point where we didn't have any chances to play him because he was a lazy, good-for-nothing arsehole who didn't have the time to rehab his wrist properly.

Hmmm. Yeah, that makes me respect Ray a lot - as a useless, lazy little man. Then we're forced to buy him out because he's shown nothing but laziness and a lack of respect for the organization and now he's hurt again and may never come back? Looks good on ya Ray.

You know Tuk, I realize you're a young man, but in life you'll always be offered an opportunity - providing you've worked hard to earn it. Ray earned his opportunity to be an NHL goaltender for one of the most popular teams in the NHL. He took that and ran with it, good for him! Then he blew that opportunity and more importantly, he blew the trust given to him by the organization who had treated him so well by not rehabbing and being a lazy bastard. Do you think Brodeur did that when he tore his bicep? What about Luongo with his groin pull? How about any NHL goaltender that succumbs to injury? Do you think they sit back and sip beers by a pool and then party every night? No they do not. And thus, I reiterate, he can eat Dung and die.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum