GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie nursing a groin injury?!

+4
Sens4thecup
shabbs
jamvan
Cronie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:24 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Take this for what it's worth, but a blogger is reporting that the team is discreetly dealing with Alfie nursing a groin injury...

I find this hard to believe, and have not seen nor heard any indication of Alfie being injured.

Anyhow, feel free to check out this fella's take on it.

Courtesy of Sens Junkie: http://www.sensjunkie.com/my_weblog/

2Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:33 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Take this for what it's worth, but a blogger is reporting that the team is discreetly dealing with Alfie nursing a groin injury...

I find this hard to believe, and have not seen nor heard any indication of Alfie being injured.

Anyhow, feel free to check out this fella's take on it.

Courtesy of Sens Junkie: [url=http://www.sensjunkie.com/my_weblog/
http://www.sensjunkie.com/my_weblog/[/quote[/url]]
He was held out of the game the other night because of stiffness and also didn't make the Rangers trip because of it. This was reported on Saturday.

3Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:35 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

thanks Jam. I found the article in the paper you were referring to.

This is still a cause for concern in my view.

Damn, I just REALLY wanted a healthy and rarin' to go Alfie...

Mind you, this could be additional rest for him I suppose, but still...

4Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:38 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

The fact they mention his hip worries me, but I will say he was far and away the best guy on the ice Saturday morning.

5Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:39 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

could this be another case of the Ottawa-regional media making a mountain out of a mole hill?

6Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:could this be another case of the Ottawa-regional media making a mountain out of a mole hill?
HA! Who knows. Man. Groin/Hip issue are such a difficult area as far as injuries are concerned. Hopefully this is something simple and won't keep Alfie out for long, if at all.

7Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:51 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's hoping!

8Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:54 am

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Hey!! Is there any more news on Schneider?

9Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:58 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Sens4thecup wrote:Hey!! Is there any more news on Schneider?
Nothing other than he's not coming here. Murray won't take on his salary.

10Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:22 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Anyone know if tonight's game is on Ottawa TV? Maybe 22?

11Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I really doubt it's anything major, he's one of the few guys in the NHL that can miss most of the pre-season to strengthen or rest sore parts and still come in blazing for game 1.

12Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BigRig77 wrote:Anyone know if tonight's game is on Ottawa TV? Maybe 22?

It's listed on 22 tonight, but I heard it was Center Ice exclusive tonight and 22 on Wednesday?

13Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:36 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:

It's listed on 22 tonight, but I heard it was Center Ice exclusive tonight and 22 on Wednesday?

I'd really like to see this lineup play....but watching 2 days later? no point...

14Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BigRig77 wrote:I'd really like to see this lineup play....but watching 2 days later? no point...
I think he meant that Rogers 22 has the Philly/Sens game on Wed and not tonight's one.

Reports are that it is for sure on NHL CI tonight.

15Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Empty Re: Alfie nursing a groin injury?! Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:47 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

In any case it's on TV right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum