GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beau's Beer Norm-approved!!! (Yes, THAT Norm)

+3
shabbs
spader
SeawaySensFan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Norm Peterson of TVs Cheers, George Wendt made the scene at Beau's Vankleek Hill Oktoberfest this past weekend:

When asked if he had a favourite beer, Wendt diplomatically raised his glass and said "Beau's!", eliciting a cheer from the crowd. He later added that he often enjoys smaller breweries and has a particular affinity for a beer from Luxembourg called Henri Funk.

Amid the large array of Beau's Brewery merchandise for sale, Wendt's book was unavailable for purchase, as it won't be released for another two weeks.

Wendt, however, put the blame on Canada Post, adding that his iconic character's sidekick, U.S. postal worker Cliff Clavin, "is lecturing them as we speak."

As the first-ever Oktoberfest in the village, Beau's brewer Kevin James said staff were a little caught off-guard by the number of people who turned up for the event.

"There are about as many people here as there are in the entire village," he said, estimating the crowd at more than 2,000.

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2009/10/05/11301036-sun.html

Here's Wendt having a swig:

http://photos.standard-freeholder.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=26021146&event=856458&CategoryID=20797

Had it... good beer

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

It's been one of my favourites for a couple of years. Shame I haven't a chance in heck of finding it in Korea.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Very enjoyable beer.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Beau's is the Dung!

I love it since being exposed to it about a year ago

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I like their Bogwater. It's seasonal and very tasty.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

spader wrote:It's been one of my favourites for a couple of years. Shame I haven't a chance in heck of finding it in Korea.

I can't even find it in Toronto, I stock up when I go back to Ottawa.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not much of a beer drinker, just ask beedub, but I'm intrigued. Perhaps beedub will offer me one the next time I'm over? Wink

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hobiesens wrote:
spader wrote:It's been one of my favourites for a couple of years. Shame I haven't a chance in heck of finding it in Korea.

I can't even find it in Toronto, I stock up when I go back to Ottawa.
It's not available West of Kingston unfortunately.

http://www.beaus.ca/en-ontap.html

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

Beaus is the absolute nuts. Favourite beer by far. Love hitting the brewery and getting some jugs. Was really dissapointed to miss Octoberfest this past weekend.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I like their Bogwater. It's seasonal and very tasty.

Speaking of seasonal, what ever happened to Super Bock?

Beau's Beer Norm-approved!!! (Yes, THAT Norm) Labatt10

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm embarassed to say I haven't even tried Beau's yet being a somewhat local product and all.

On a related note, one of the hockey dads from my sons ex-team, a good family friend in fact, is planning on opening a brewery right in Morrisburg. I hope he succeeds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum