GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elliott Awarded Contract; and other subjects

+11
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
spader
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Tuk Tuk
rooneypoo
wprager
shabbs
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=286749

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

2 years is alright i wonder what the terms are...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice to see it official. 2 years is what most people were speculating. I'm curious too of the $$$.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the part i don't like about the 2 years is it has him and leclaire finishing their contracts at the same time. could be a good thing, could be a bad thing... lehner would not be ready by then to take the supporting job

Elliot rules, i'd be surprised if he doesn't get he job over leClaire ...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You're right about both contracts expiring at the same time. Not ideal. However I posted my reasons for thinking there's no way he signs a 3-year deal, so it was either 1 or 2.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:the part i don't like about the 2 years is it has him and leclaire finishing their contracts at the same time. could be a good thing, could be a bad thing... lehner would not be ready by then to take the supporting job

There was no avoiding it. 1 year would have been dumb, while 3 years probably would have cost us too much.

It has never been this good, deep, young, and tallented. One trade for a marginal top 6 forward set The Sens up for the next 10 to 15 years in goal. It was one of the dumbest comments I have ever read on here and that's saying a lot.

Congrats on that!

Even then, Emery was a rookie finding his way in The NHL. Elliott is already an NHL goaltender.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

RobbyJ wrote:Wow. I tend to think it was one of his most shrewd deals. Ottawa's albatross has always been goaltending, and now along with Elliott he acquires a potential number 1 who has proven he can play in the league and a GREAT prospect.

I think our goaltending has never been stronger in all aspects.
It's nice how the Vermette trade turned into Leclaire and Lehner. And with Elliott.. we certainly are looking good in nets and something we haven't had in forever.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

when has our goaltending been this strong not counting Hasek/Emery?

Hasek/Emery wasnt this strong going into the season. Emery was a rookie with what, a game expierence? Hasek was questioned whether or not he could still do it and he didnt make it past Feb.

Our goaltending has never, EVER, been this strong.

RobbyJ wrote:
notch4077 wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:Elliot rules, i'd be surprised if he doesn't get he job over leClaire ...

He will have the job over Leclaire when Leclaire goes down with yet another injury that keeps him out for 1/4 to 1/2 of the season.

That Vermette trade was one of the very few trades that Murray botched.

Our goaltending has never been this weak to start a season.
Wow. I tend to think it was one of his most shrewd deals. Ottawa's albatross has always been goaltending, and now along with Elliott he acquires a potential number 1 who has proven he can play in the league and a GREAT prospect.

I think our goaltending has never been stronger in all aspects.

You like the tandem of Elliott and Mike Brodeur? Good, get used to it.
I will come back to this thread on...November 12th is my guess after Leclaire gets injured against the Flyers.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I'm sorry, I worded that wrongly. I meant to say thats the only tandem that could even be argued to be better. I in no way believe it was better.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I thought Mike Brodeur wasn't eligible to play in the NHL?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum