GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Weasel makes a lot of money

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty The Weasel makes a lot of money Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:11 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I was debating where to post this, whether it be here or Rant & Rave, but the below link is all about what Bettman makes to be the weasel that he is, apparently it is quite public knowledge, so this might not be anything new to some of you, but took me by surprise.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Where-does-Bettman-s-salary-rank-among-sports-bo;_ylt=Aj_H4ndgyKNBztJdq2C2E1Z7vLYF?urn=nhl,176200

2The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well-well, he's making more than Redden. I never thought it was that high. I thought it was in the $3M range.

3The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:31 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I am really alarmed of what Bud Selig makes, 18 million plus, I wonder if that is money to turn a blind eye to all the steroid pumping going on behind the scenes. Carolyn Bivens should be crying foul, her counterpart in the PGA makesz 4.8 and the LPGA only pays her 500,000, but apparently she is either resigning/getting canned according to that site.

4The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:39 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:I am really alarmed of what Bud Selig makes, 18 million plus, I wonder if that is money to turn a blind eye to all the steroid pumping going on behind the scenes. Carolyn Bivens should be crying foul, her counterpart in the PGA makesz 4.8 and the LPGA only pays her 500,000, but apparently she is either resigning/getting canned according to that site.

But the LPGA doesn't pull in anything even remotely close to the coin that the PGA pulls in. They are on different stratospheres. But still, that is an alarming discrepancy no less.

5The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:10 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I have a simple solution for that, more Natalie Gulbis = more money

http://thesandtrap.com/archives/imgs/lpga/natalie_gulbis_fhm2k6_1.jpg

I won't post the picture as people are at work or around children.

6The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:18 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

For a second I thought this might be a thread about Pauly Shore, but then I realized that he doesn't make any money. Laughing3

7The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:38 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Mojo wrote:For a second I thought this might be a thread about Pauly Shore, but then I realized that he doesn't make any money. Laughing3

The Weasel makes a lot of money Superd10

*shudders*

8The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:09 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I know, if it wasn't for Stephen Baldwin, that movie would have been terrible.

By the way, this site needs an "I am a sarcastic bastard" emoticon.

9The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:17 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Mojo wrote:I know, if it wasn't for Stephen Baldwin, that movie would have been terrible.

By the way, this site needs an "I am a sarcastic bastard" emoticon.

the girls were pretty hot in the movie too, and well, Spezz will have to help you on that emoticon Laughing3

10The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, Bettman is 4th among the Top 4 major sports. I guess that's about right...

The Weasel makes a lot of money Facfpaacl

I REPEAT! THE NHL IS DOING FINE! THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS!!!!!

Sure...

11The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:So, Bettman is 4th among the Top 4 major sports. I guess that's about right...

Sure...

4th? Baseball, Football, Basketball, College Football, College Basketball, Highschool Football, ...

Hockey is not 4th in North America. If you expand on a world scale, then soccer and cricket are in there as well. Big in India, cricket.

Hockey is #1 here, and that's all that matters to me.

12The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:54 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:So, Bettman is 4th among the Top 4 major sports. I guess that's about right...

Sure...

4th? Baseball, Football, Basketball, College Football, College Basketball, Highschool Football, ...

Hockey is not 4th in North America. If you expand on a world scale, then soccer and cricket are in there as well. Big in India, cricket.

Hockey is #1 here, and that's all that matters to me.
I was thinking of the 4 major sports - MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL. Major as in level, not popularity.

13The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You've got to qualify that to North America, because outside of our little continent soccer is quite major (and we also have the MLS here).

Don't mind me. I'm just a little bitter that, while the Americans, overwhelmingly place hockey below high-school cheerleading, Buttman keeps trying to bend over backwards to please the US markets.

14The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:You've got to qualify that to North America, because outside of our little continent soccer is quite major (and we also have the MLS here).

Don't mind me. I'm just a little bitter that, while the Americans, overwhelmingly place hockey below high-school cheerleading, Buttman keeps trying to bend over backwards to please the US markets.
No worries... carry on.

Wink

What? There's life outside of NA? What is this soccer you talk about? Is it played by men?

Wink

15The Weasel makes a lot of money Empty Re: The Weasel makes a lot of money Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:You've got to qualify that to North America, because outside of our little continent soccer is quite major (and we also have the MLS here).

No worries... carry on.

Wink

What? There's life outside of NA? What is this soccer you talk about? Is it played by men?

Wink

Here, manly enough for ya?

The Weasel makes a lot of money David_beckham

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum