GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade

+6
Amnesia021
wprager
AlfieforPM
PTFlea
PKC
Phoenix30
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I was reading this on Senschirp but wanted to comment that this was another example of Mucklers blunder trades. A 2nd round pick for a fourth liner was an overpayment. Its a shame that we lost on Staal in this case as I suspect he will be in Phoenix for a while and become a quality player.

http://senschirp.blogspot.com/2008/09/looking-back-oleg-saprykin.html

2Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:47 pm

Eric Staal never said Jared would be the best of them; he actually said Jordan was.
He was misquoted.

3Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:21 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Another quality Muckler move. How this guy managed to empty the farm and not add a single impact player over all those years is beyond comprehension to me. Thanks for all the hard work Mucks.

4Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:Eric Staal never said Jared would be the best of them; he actually said Jordan was.
He was misquoted.

Even if Jared is half as good as the other brothers its more than what we have now. I think Staals name along would have created some buzz in the city when he is ready. Thank goodness Murray is starting to replentish the system.

5Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:32 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:
cash wrote:Eric Staal never said Jared would be the best of them; he actually said Jordan was.
He was misquoted.

Even if Jared is half as good as the other brothers its more than what we have now. I think Staals name along would have created some buzz in the city when he is ready. Thank goodness Murray is starting to replentish the system.

Maybe Weircioch ends up being a better player than Jared Staal though. Its not like Staal is a lock to be a great player or anything.

6Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
He was misquoted.

Maybe Weircioch ends up being a better player than Jared Staal though. Its not like Staal is a lock to be a great player or anything.

Ah so true but Weircoich was acquired in the Hvalat deal while our we basically gave our own 2nd away for nothing as we having long term to show for it.

7Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

But...we went to the Finals. And Oleg had a game-winning goal against Buffalo.

I'll trade you a 2nd round pick to go back to the Finals...I'd like another chance ASAP.

I'm not saying Oleg was a big part, but he was a part for sure. Game winning goal in the Conference Final means you're just that much closer to playing for the Cup.

8Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:11 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

Aparently Staal has been brutal in Phoenix rookie camps so far. I don't think this guy will live up to his name.

9Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:But...we went to the Finals. And Oleg had a game-winning goal against Buffalo.

I'll trade you a 2nd round pick to go back to the Finals...I'd like another chance ASAP.

I'm not saying Oleg was a big part, but he was a part for sure. Game winning goal in the Conference Final means you're just that much closer to playing for the Cup.

Heater, I know you loved that, but it was one goal. Someone else could have scored it just as easily. Saprykin was an OK acquisition, but we didn't keep him and no-one else (in the NHL) wanted him. That's gotta be saying something, no?

10Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:48 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:But...we went to the Finals. And Oleg had a game-winning goal against Buffalo.

Heater, I know you loved that, but it was one goal. Someone else could have scored it just as easily. Saprykin was an OK acquisition, but we didn't keep him and no-one else (in the NHL) wanted him. That's gotta be saying something, no?

I actually really liked Oleg, I would have loved to keep him around. He had fire.. I think him and guys like comrie would be great to have on our team when guys like spezza and heater are on the cool and not looking to get dirty. I think a guy like oleg would be great on the first line with the two big dawgs who is fast enough to play both ends of the ice while fishing out the pucks for the big two to finish it.

The other assumption you have to take into account is whether or not mucks would've even drafted staal with that pick...

11Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Amnesia021 wrote:
wprager wrote:

I actually really liked Oleg, I would have loved to keep him around. He had fire.. I think him and guys like comrie would be great to have on our team when guys like spezza and heater are on the cool and not looking to get dirty. I think a guy like oleg would be great on the first line with the two big dawgs who is fast enough to play both ends of the ice while fishing out the pucks for the big two to finish it.

The other assumption you have to take into account is whether or not mucks would've even drafted staal with that pick...

I have no problem with Oleg. I think he was a good addition and would have loved to see what he could have done here in a full season. It was the cost of a 2nd round pick in a deep draft is what bothers me. A 3rd and a low prospect maybe but not a 2nd for a 4th line rental. I am not sure if Murray would or not pick Staal and we'll never know. Personally myself I like the idea of having the name Staal in our organization. He is going to be a big boy as he matures and develops. But if not staal we could have gotten another prospect to show something for our trade. This is another example of how Muckler screwed our depth.

12Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:20 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

AlfieforPM wrote:Aparently Staal has been brutal in Phoenix rookie camps so far. I don't think this guy will live up to his name.

Its his first camp and he is still young. I am sure he will go back to junior after getting the experience and be a better player for it. After all he just turned 18.

13Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phoenix30 wrote:
I have no problem with Oleg. I think he was a good addition and would have loved to see what he could have done here in a full season. It was the cost of a 2nd round pick in a deep draft is what bothers me. A 3rd and a low prospect maybe but not a 2nd for a 4th line rental. I am not sure if Murray would or not pick Staal and we'll never know. Personally myself I like the idea of having the name Staal in our organization. He is going to be a big boy as he matures and develops. But if not staal we could have gotten another prospect to show something for our trade. This is another example of how Muckler screwed our depth.

Well, he may have given up a 2nd for a rent-a-third-liner but he also got Comrie for Kaigorodov. No matter what your opinion of Saprykin, I'd say Muckler came out wasy ahead, overall. Then, again, who drafted Kaigorodov in the first place?

I don't want anyone to think that I dislike Saprykin, but I got the distinct feeling that he came with some baggage. Yet another Russian player who had skill but lacked consistent desire. He was a good player but, really, nothing special. Donovan will play for half his salary, yet their contribution could be very similar.

14Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

I see your point, the guy wasn't the type of guy that we need (imagine a guy like Guerin), but, at least it worked out for all concerned. And Lapointe at last year's deadline. LOL. Some heady stuff there. Sad

15Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Empty Re: Sens and Oleg Saprykin trade Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:18 pm

It would be sweet if we could get Guerin and Comrie out of NYI at the trade deadline. Maybe throw in Doug Weight too Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum