GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired

+3
SensFan71
Cronie
PTFlea
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tom Lynn named GM? Not sure if it's interim or not though.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/2009/04/16/sources-risebrough-fired/

2Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:45 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy crap! What the Hell is going on?!?!

3Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Holy crap! What the Hell is going on?!?!

it's downsizing due to the recession, man, where you been? lol they had to do this to afford Gaborik Laughing3

4Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What did he do to deserve keeping the job?

5Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:

What did he do to deserve keeping the job?

Oh, my bad. I'm not saying he deserved to be canned or not; I just didn't see it coming is all.

I expect more heads to roll from now until late September.

6Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:43 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Wild.

7Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:47 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe it's time for a change of direction for the whole franchise.

8Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Oh, my bad. I'm not saying he deserved to be canned or not; I just didn't see it coming is all.

I expect more heads to roll from now until late September.

Oh yeah, there'll be more. I thought they were gonna fire him mid-season to be honest. They so desperately need a new, more exciting direction. They have amazing fans there, absolutely amazing. Very similar to a Canadian city. They need to have some fun and actually do something in the playoffs (and get there).

9Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, Minny has had a VERY solid hockey madness for a LONG time, and from what I've been told, like a hockey nut Canuck, they know their dung!!

they deserve a new start and direction. Their facelift (so to speak) ought to fun to watch.

10Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Sedins and Hossa are going to be blazing hot commodities in the summer. I think Hossa will stay in Detroit, but if any of these three hit the open market - that's one heck of a way to give a facelift to your team.

11Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:42 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Wild.

the man with the fanciest illiterations and this is all you got? I am disappointed DTR Laughing3 kidding

12Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Perhaps a wholesale change at the top will get the team to the next level.

13Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:04 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I mentioned in the Lemaire thread that there's quite a bit of resentment over the fact that no one was brought in when Gaborik went down.

Another case of 'twas time, IMO.

14Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Empty Re: Wild GM Doug Risebrough fired Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:07 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I mentioned in the Lemaire thread that there's quite a bit of resentment over the fact that no one was brought in when Gaborik went down.

Another case of 'twas time, IMO.

well 10 years and not a great deal of success to show for it, a lot of GM's have never had a leash that long.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum