GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nostalgia... Remember when?!

+4
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SensFan71
Cronie
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:34 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Like some comic's one-liner when he came to Montreal's Comedy Festival: "I want to know what happened to Loverboy and I'm not leaving until I find out".

17Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I always liked Gallagher. Got a good vibe from him. He had some real heartfelt tributes from his peers when he passed away.

Video Hits -> Samantha "Sam" Taylor
Good Rockin' Tonite -> Terry David Mulligan, Stu Jeffries

The golden years.

18Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:41 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Anyone old enough to remember Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, and I don't mean Paul Schaeffer's impressions on SNL.

19Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:55 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Anyone old enough to remember Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, and I don't mean Paul Schaeffer's impressions on SNL.

I know I don't, however, I never watched SNL until the last 5 years or so. my favorite skits were celebrity jeopardy with Connery lol.

20Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Turd Ferguson.

Yeah, I do remember Rock Concert. I was only a kid, but still. For those of us who were kids we can only fully appreciate the quality of entertainment back in those days now.

21Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

[quote="SeawaySensFan"]Turd Ferguson.

yeah yeah that's funny. followed by...your mother Trebek lol.

22Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:07 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Cronie wrote:FROZEN GHOST!!! That's awesome dude...

Geez, whatever happened to them? And Sheriff? And that Alias band? LOL

EDIT: man, a buddy of mine and I were just laughing about generational gaps. We're both so old we remember having to wait around all week until THURSDAY afternoons to watch music videos hosted by the overfed Dan Gallagher "Video Hits", cuz MuchMusic wasn't even heard of yet... Ah, the memories... LOL

I can't believe you just did that. Now I'm having flashback images of ... hair. Really bad hair.

:****:

(thanks for the new smileys, by the way)

23Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

EDIT: man, a buddy of mine and I were just laughing about generational gaps. We're both so old we remember having to wait around all week until THURSDAY afternoons to watch music videos hosted by the overfed Dan Gallagher "Video Hits", cuz MuchMusic wasn't even heard of yet... Ah, the memories... LOL

I think MuchMusic was available back then, but you had to pay extra for it. I remember seeing previews for it on "Veiwers Choice", or whatever that Pay-Per-View channel in the 80's was called.

I met Dan Gallagher once at Pearson air port. Well, I didn't really meet but I said hello while walking past him and he smiled and said hello back. Seemed like a nice guy. Test Pattern RULES!!!

24Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:25 pm

Snuh wrote:

I think MuchMusic was available back then, but you had to pay extra for it. I remember seeing previews for it on "Veiwers Choice", or whatever that Pay-Per-View channel in the 80's was called.

I met Dan Gallagher once at Pearson air port. Well, I didn't really meet but I said hello while walking past him and he smiled and said hello back. Seemed like a nice guy. Test Pattern RULES!!!

Haha! I remember all this stuff. Really takes you back eh?

I may have to go home and scour the net for old episodes of Degrassi Jr. High and You Can't do that on Television!

25Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:09 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
Snuh wrote:

Haha! I remember all this stuff. Really takes you back eh?

I may have to go home and scour the net for old episodes of Degrassi Jr. High and You Can't do that on Television!

god bless retro tv, anyone remember 4 on the floor and Mr. Canoehead? please tell me I am not the only one? lol.

26Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
wprager wrote:Anyone old enough to remember Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, and I don't mean Paul Schaeffer's impressions on SNL.

I know I don't, however, I never watched SNL until the last 5 years or so. my favorite skits were celebrity jeopardy with Connery lol.

Then you should watch NBC tonight (I think it's one tonight). They have SNL Just Game Show Parodies, followed by SNL Just Commercials. I'm recording both.

27Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:40 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Then you should watch NBC tonight (I think it's one tonight). They have SNL Just Game Show Parodies, followed by SNL Just Commercials. I'm recording both.

NBC, are you kidding, damn, wish I had a PVR, I would so have that saved/recorded lol.

28Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I noticed these were on while scrolling my guide watching a bit of the NBC hockey game. Didn't take me long to hit "record".

29Nostalgia...  Remember when?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nostalgia... Remember when?! Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:16 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I noticed these were on while scrolling my guide watching a bit of the NBC hockey game. Didn't take me long to hit "record".

since I had a brain fart and missed, which one of you can I beg to upload this as a torrent so I can download it to my pc? lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum