GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maybe I am not supposed to post this but...

+8
davetherave
Sp00nz
COLLAR UP
LethalLehner
Jordo
shabbs
SensFan71
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

I also listened to Murray's chat with Jason York and Steve Lloyd in Team 1200 this afternoon around 5:30.

Mr Murray is one smooth operator, I'll give him that.

Looking at what he did today, IMHO...

One, he didn't have much to offer in trade...

Two, had he let Kuba go he would have had to pay more for a UFA PMD...so he got Flip to sign because (according to Dean Brown) FK wanted to stay in Ottawa even his agent wanted the Kubinator to test the UFA market.

Three, a goalie was the priority and trading Vermie for Leclaire was cheaper than shopping for a stopper in June.

Four, he sent Chris Neil a wake up call...why go where you think the grass is greener when Uncle Bryan and Uncle Gene love you?

Now...were these the best moves he could have made? Are these good moves?

Who can say?

Knowing that Bryan Murray is an old fox in the hockey biz, he does buy himself more time...

If Leclaire works out--and we won't know until next year, will we?

Just don't ask what they'll do to replace Vermette's faceoff and PK skills...

The Old Fox has done it again.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

And if Leclaire doesn't? His is a large salary.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:And if Leclaire doesn't? His is a large salary.

Then The Bryan is in deep doodoo...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:And if Leclaire doesn't? His is a large salary.

Then The Bryan is in deep doodoo...

Well, we'll see. I hope he works out, obviously.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I must admit I'm guilty of the knee-jerk reaction. But after having about 5-6 hours to digest the day on a whole, I actually think Murray did quite well. I will truly miss Verme and all that he brought to this team, but at the same time, I am excited to see what LeClair can bring and if Murray finally managed to snag a bona fide #1 tender for the Sens.

Now, that being said, depeding on how he (Murray) makes out at the draft and shopping in the off-season, and LeClair's health and performance notwithstanding, this 'old fox' is running on burrowed time IMHO. As one of Murray's BIGGEST defenders, I feel awful for doubting him this afternoon, but in this cap oriented hockey world, and being a seller for the first time in 11 seasons, it took some adjustment on my part and I will not take away from Murray's experience and know-how in the Hockey business.

Here's hoping you know what you're doing Murray and I am still cautiously optimistic as to how you'll better this team for hopefully a much better 2009-2010 season.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I was really angry with how today went too but after thinking about it, it really wasn't that bad.

Leclaire could be that guy we've been looking for. If you saw him at the World Championships last summer then you know the guy is good when he's healthy. It buys Elliott some time as well and if he doesn't pan out then we have Leclaire potentially for a long time.

I wanted Kuba gone but realistically if we traded him we'd have to replace him with an UFA and that would cost quite a bit more then 3.7 million. Kuba wanted to stay so let him be part of the solution.

As for Neil, the injury killed his value and the most a team would have given up for him would be a 4th or 5th rounder. Maybe in a couple months he'll have a change of heart and sign for a much cheaper price.

There's some housecleaning that needs to be done over the summer but if we add another defensemen I think we can get back to competing for the division next year and possibly the cup. Not to mention we're probably going to get a heck of a player on draft day.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

I feel the same way as you two guys. It sucks to lose Vermette, but he has an amazing opportunity in Columbus to proove that he can be a scoring forward.

If Leclaire is the real deal, Murray made a hell of a trade. If he's not, he still has the 2nd round pick originally used to select Vermette.

I hope that Neil and Schubert get slapped with a big dose of reality because of the fact that there wasn't much interest in either of them.

You want another comparable... you would you rather have? Meszaros at w/e he is making (more than Kuba by a good amount) or Kuba?

I think that is 100% a no brainer. Kuba is better in every way than Meszaros. Straight up thats a good deal let alone what else we have recieved on top of Kuba and turned into something else.

Goaltending might be solved for the next 10-15 years. 2 bluechip prospects coming up on the blueline, and the seeds have been planted for trades come the draft.

This team may end up having about 4 or 5 players left from that cup run next year.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I really hope you're right Spoonz. I truly hope Neil and Schubert tune out their yes-men agents and take a GOOD long look in the mirror and realize that essentially, their demand was LOW...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I watched a number of Jackets games last year, and IMHO Leclaire is every bit as good as advertised. Nine goose eggs is not to be sneezed at.

Pascal was interviewed on Team 1200 today and he sounds genuinely excited to be coming to Ottawa. He's a real competitor and he already knows some of the guys on the team.

Wishing him the best...not just for his sake, but because a Pascal Leclaire on his game will deliver what Sens fans have longed for in a #1 netminder.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exciting times could potentially lay ahead for the Sens, eh DTR?

I know I'm cautiously excited. Stay Healthy Pascal.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Exciting times could potentially lay ahead for the Sens, eh DTR?

please do Pascal, then we can shove it in the face of Toronto fans that say our goalie is made of glass. Enjoy gerber you rat bastards.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Nothing like a 1st class goalie..this could be the good news Sens fans have been waiting for.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It's time to wake up, people. Haven't you seen Murrays video conference? He said he was coming into trade deadline to acquire some picks, but unfortunately the other GMs didnt want to part with. He somehow found a way to snag one off COlumbus (probably in the 45/50 range). Nobody wanted Neil and Schubert. Kuba wanted to stay badly, and Murray didnt want to come into July without a top minute D.And that's it.
For those who are still angry because he resigned Kuba and didnt trade Neil, wake up.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

Nothing like a 1st class goalie..this could be the good news Sens fans have been waiting for.

am definitely hope he is our 1st class goalie, he is only 26, could be here for awhile if he doesn't price himself out of our range. his family is close, so that might be to our benefit come resigning time and he plays lights out for us. if not, Elliot better be ready by that time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum