GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Organisational Stability anyone?

+2
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Organisational Stability anyone? Empty Organisational Stability anyone? Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With the Sens going from not being able to pay their players to Melnyk swooping in and spending to the Cap, this team has suffered through turmoil starting right at the top.

Melnyk steps in, Muckler allows Chiarelli to walk and doesn't replace him. This hurt our young players and Bingo as a team suffered as well. The Sens go to the Finals and lose in 5. Muckler's canned so Murray can be kept and moved up as GM. Murray steps in and requires a coach, makes changes in the Scouting staff, hires an Assistant GM to take care of Bingo. Paddock is fired and Murray takes the dual role until Hartsburgh, he's fired and now we have Clouston.

What's the answer here? Do we have another GM next season and a new coaching staff and new scouting staff and so on and so on? The coaching decisions by Murray have been horrendous but his overhaul of scouting and his picks have been great. His overhaul of Bingo is well on it's way as well.

There are certainly arguments to be made for moving Murray out so feel free to post them in here so we can debate this of course. Keep in mind that if we get a new GM then we start the change over all over again. New GM, New Coaching staff, changes to scouting, New assistant and so on. That could set the team back a few extra years.

- Unknown Author

2Organisational Stability anyone? Empty Re: Organisational Stability anyone? Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:56 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:With the Sens going from not being able to pay their players to Melnyk swooping in and spending to the Cap, this team has suffered through turmoil starting right at the top.

Melnyk steps in, Muckler allows Chiarelli to walk and doesn't replace him. This hurt our young players and Bingo as a team suffered as well. The Sens go to the Finals and lose in 5. Muckler's canned so Murray can be kept and moved up as GM. Murray steps in and requires a coach, makes changes in the Scouting staff, hires an Assistant GM to take care of Bingo. Paddock is fired and Murray takes the dual role until Hartsburgh, he's fired and now we have Clouston.

What's the answer here? Do we have another GM next season and a new coaching staff and new scouting staff and so on and so on? The coaching decisions by Murray have been horrendous but his overhaul of scouting and his picks have been great. His overhaul of Bingo is well on it's way as well.

There are certainly arguments to be made for moving Murray out so feel free to post them in here so we can debate this of course. Keep in mind that if we get a new GM then we start the change over all over again. New GM, New Coaching staff, changes to scouting, New assistant and so on. That could set the team back a few extra years.

I am really kind of set on letting BM go through the off season again, he has this organization heading right again, but he needs to not be afraid to pull the trigger on deals when he can. If Spezza can be move and the return is satisifactory, do it before July 1st when he can stop it. Bring in a starting goalie, Backstrom is FA as a few posters around here have mentioned.

3Organisational Stability anyone? Empty Re: Organisational Stability anyone? Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What's the answer here? Do we have another GM next season and a new coaching staff and new scouting staff and so on and so on? The coaching decisions by Murray have been horrendous but his overhaul of scouting and his picks have been great. His overhaul of Bingo is well on it's way as well.

For these reasons in particular, I'd like to stick with the devil we know. You can have Jack Adams calibre coaches and still get nowhere without good on-ice personnel and a healthy farm system and smart picks.

4Organisational Stability anyone? Empty Re: Organisational Stability anyone? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I still stand by Murray as being the man to put this team back into contention. For the most part, I think the problems facing this team now are the fruits of bad decisions made during the Muckler era. The future looks brighter now than it did 2 years ago.

5Organisational Stability anyone? Empty Re: Organisational Stability anyone? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As you can tell I'm on the keep Murray around train :D There's been enough overhaul and as far as I'm concerned Murray's mistakes have been hiring coaches to fix player issues. He's done a good job fixing the minor league team, Scouting and making some excellent picks. As far as not obtaining a Top six or a PMD; it's easier said than done.

- Unknown Author

6Organisational Stability anyone? Empty Re: Organisational Stability anyone? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:43 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I support Murray remaining as GM, as long as he doesn't allow loyalty to his "core" players overshadow what is best for the franchise.

Two years from now, our top line will cost us close to 20 million. that may only leave another 30 million for 20 other players. Yikes

7Organisational Stability anyone? Empty Re: Organisational Stability anyone? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:I support Murray remaining as GM, as long as he doesn't allow loyalty to his "core" players overshadow what is best for the franchise.

Two years from now, our top line will cost us close to 20 million. that may only leave another 30 million for 20 other players. Yikes

Agreed. Make the necessary moves regardless of how it makes you look. I haven't been disappointed with the personnel moves that were made so much as the ones that wouldn't or couldn't be made.

- Unknown Author

8Organisational Stability anyone? Empty Re: Organisational Stability anyone? Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

+1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum