GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!!

+4
davetherave
shabbs
PTFlea
bravenash55
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Empty Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:49 am

bravenash55

Prospect
Prospect

According to several published reports the New York Islanders have a deal in place to send veteran forward Bill Guerin to a playoff contender.
Guerin, who left tonight's game following the pre-game skate, has a no-trade clause and has to approve any deal the Islanders make.
According to TSN, the Boston Bruins are not involved and Guerin will not likely be told which team is trying to acquire him until early Sunday morning.
However, islanderspointblank.com is reporting that a trade has already been completed.
Sources tell TFP Guerin is taking the night to speak with his family before moving ahead with any trade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Washington? That's what the buzz is.

I thought they need G and a goalie. Could be for Nylander which is a fail right away, but I guess they're managing their cap.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Seems to be headed to Montreal?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Seems to be headed to Montreal?

Montreal is logical. They need depth at right wing, Dandenault looks like he is being shipped out, and Guerin is the type of character player Gainey and Carbo like.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bill Guerin to Pittsburgh.

That's where my money would be.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pitt or Montreal... time will tell...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Then again, Gainey has more tradeable assets of interest to the Islanders than Ray Shero does.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Then again, Gainey has more tradeable assets of interest to the Islanders than Ray Shero does.

I tend to agree with you on this one DTR, but would Guerin want to come to the circus that is Montreal? If I was him, I would head to washington

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How come no-one mentioned New Jersey?

10Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Empty Re: Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:22 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

According to RDS (whose reports are often different from sister TSN by the way) the Caps reached an agreement in principle with the Isles on Guerin, but have a problem freeing up cap space to complete the deal.

11Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Empty Re: Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, seems a few teams are pushing hard and he will no doubt be traded somewhere...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/03/01/islanders_guerin/

12Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Empty Re: Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:51 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Yeah, seems a few teams are pushing hard and he will no doubt be traded somewhere...

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/03/01/islanders_guerin/
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/03/01/islanders_guerin/[/quote[/url]]

Looks like a mess really...apparently Guerin was told who the team was, and went home to talk it over with his wife. Then, the deal seems to have fallen apart.

13Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Empty Re: Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Looks like a mess really...apparently Guerin was told who the team was, and went home to talk it over with his wife. Then, the deal seems to have fallen apart.
Sucks for him and his family being in limbo like that, but luckily, he'll know something in a few days no matter what.

14Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Empty Re: Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:24 am

bravenash55

Prospect
Prospect

Dang well i hope he gets traded tierd of seeing him in NYI

15Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Empty Re: Bill Guerin Traded!!!!!! BUT TO WHO!! Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:30 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

bravenash55 wrote:Dang well i hope he gets traded tierd of seeing him in NYI

he must have some value though, always one of the names linked to dead line deals, him and Tkachuk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum