GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ways to help GMHockey.com

+9
wprager
jamvan
PKC
Hobiesens
Acrobat
Cronie
Phoenix30
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Ways to help GMHockey.com Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey guys,

For all of you that enjoy coming to this site I ask a couple small favours.

1 - Click click clickity click click click - Please click the three Ads just above the chatbox. If you can't see them then please allow Ads for GMHockey.com only. Also, if you frequently use Google to search for things please use the search bar we have that's supported by google just below the three Ads. All this will help us build this site and make major improvements.

2 - Recruit recruit recruit. The more the merrier but please try to bring in only the best as we've got a great group in here and have yet to worry about Trolls. We want fans of ALL teams to be welcome here.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

- Unknown Author

2Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I see I'm not that great of a salesman. Since this post we've had 1 click on the Ads LOL. Oh well. I never claimed to know what I was doing when Myself, Cronenbergfan and 504Heater started this venture :D

- Unknown Author

3Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not only that, but if you know of anyone who might enjoy this site, please let them know.

We're closing in on 150, which is a decent number. It sounds low, but it's actually quite good. There are more guys on HF that know what they're talking about. I'll try to PM them to see if they'd drop by once in a while.

Remember though - this site is primarily a word-of-mouth site. Please...word of mouth it. :D

Thanks.

4Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:31 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Not only that, but if you know of anyone who might enjoy this site, please let them know.

We're closing in on 150, which is a decent number. It sounds low, but it's actually quite good. There are more guys on HF that know what they're talking about. I'll try to PM them to see if they'd drop by once in a while.

Remember though - this site is primarily a word-of-mouth site. Please...word of mouth it. :D

Thanks.

Some now what they are talking over there at HF and it would be great to see them here. However there are alot who bash others with no respect to others thoughts and opinion.

5Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well I should send out a thankyou to the membership because we've had 3 members join today alone.

- Unknown Author

6Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I never stop trying to plug this site (with my dignity intact most days LOL) every chance I get.

It's a slow process, but looking at our current membership, we have a great community and hopefully it will continue to grow and thrive.

7Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

5 new members this month and our google Ads went from making 66 cents last month to $2.20 this month so some of you were listening and thanks for that.

- Unknown Author

8Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:19 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another thing that's not getting enough attention is our site has an Online Store. It's at the top right corner below the blogs.

25% of the profits go to JumpStart. It's a Charity run by Canadian Tire that helps underpriveleged children afford to play Hockey. We've had NO sales so far and really want to continue this affiliation but, if we don't have a donation of substance to give them this affiliation could end prematurely. This is a great cause and that would be very unfortunate.

- Unknown Author

9Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Can you create a sticky in one of the areas that is titled "How you can help"?
Put the info there, and make it visible, so new members (and those of us who are rapidly progressing to dementia) can be reminded. New fundraising can be put there as well, where it would stay visible.

10Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:29 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Now that I look closer - what ads are you referring to?
When I go to the main page, there are no ads.

FYI, I use Firefox v3.0.5, and there is an ad-blocker installed, but I recently cleared the cache, so nothing is blocked currently. I don't know what the AV blocks, though.

11Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Updates:

New record for posts in a month is over 11,000. July is shaping up to completely destroy that record with a pace that would see us hit over 15,000.

Also we are on pace for about 1 new member per day this month so far which would be the second highest monthly membership count if that pace holds (57 in August is the most)

We've also hit a new milestone of our 200th member today.

- Unknown Author

12Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another piece of news. When I search Hockey Forum our site gets first page results. I don't know if it's just me but if you all can try it and let me know where we show up that would be great. I remember a few weeks ago we were getting page 6 with those key word terms.

- Unknown Author

13Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:14 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Another piece of news. When I search Hockey Forum our site gets first page results. I don't know if it's just me but if you all can try it and let me know where we show up that would be great. I remember a few weeks ago we were getting page 6 with those key word terms.

I got a first page result also.

14Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Same here. The last hit listed on page 1. Nice work guys.

15Ways to help GMHockey.com Empty Re: Ways to help GMHockey.com Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thanks for the responses guys. That's great. I was wondering if it was just because I check Google so often that it was used to my searches or something.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum