GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger

+5
PKC
shabbs
jamvan
rooneypoo
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That bearded nerd said that Sundin is a Ranger and they're crossing the Ts and dotting the Is.

2Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:That bearded nerd said that Sundin is a Ranger and they're crossing the Ts and dotting the Is.

If this one goes through, I may have to stop laughing at Ek. He's been calling this one for a loooong time...

3Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:That bearded nerd said that Sundin is a Ranger and they're crossing the Ts and dotting the Is.

If this one goes through, I may have to stop laughing at Ek. He's been calling this one for a loooong time...

How do the Rangers make room? 'Cause it appears the time has come. Well played, nice to be in a city that Sundin wanted to go to I guess.

4Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:12 pm

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

How do the Rangers make room? 'Cause it appears the time has come. Well played, nice to be in a city that Sundin wanted to go to I guess.
Trade Scott Gomez to the Canucks for a 2nd and Taylor Ellington

5Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:19 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

If this does indeed go through, my guess is that Sundin will simply sign for less (say, Teemu money -- about $3 mil -- remembering that the figure will be pro-rated), and make a few small moves, like shipping Prucha out.

And if your next question is, should we be looking at Prucha?, I say, I don't see why we wouldn't at least take a look. I don't understand what happened to him (and Svatos), but he had a great rookie year and can (or could?) put the puck in the net. Lord knows our offence can't possibly get any worse.

6Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:43 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

If this does indeed go through, my guess is that Sundin will simply sign for less (say, Teemu money -- about $3 mil -- remembering that the figure will be pro-rated), and make a few small moves, like shipping Prucha out.

And if your next question is, should we be looking at Prucha?, I say, I don't see why we wouldn't at least take a look. I don't understand what happened to him (and Svatos), but he had a great rookie year and can (or could?) put the puck in the net. Lord knows our offence can't possibly get any worse.
I've thought for awhile now Prucha would fit right in here. To me, he's the type of player that needs a change of scenery. This guy is fit as a fiddle too.. There aren't many guys in teh league in better shape. He might just be the winger for Fisher that we've been looking for.

7Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:46 pm

jamvan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I've thought for awhile now Prucha would fit right in here. To me, he's the type of player that needs a change of scenery. This guy is fit as a fiddle too.. There aren't many guys in teh league in better shape. He might just be the winger for Fisher that we've been looking for.

And I bet he comes cheap, especially knowing the the Rags must make a move to land Sundin. I'd say a draft pick or mid level prospect. For that price, why the hell not. He's shown he can score in the past.

8Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would hate to be the team on the losing end of a Schubert/Prucha trade.

9Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Okay, I can't help it. Let's put these three together:

Veremette - Fisher - Prucha

and see how long it takes one of them to score. I'm guessing 2011, but...hey...you never know. :D

10Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:54 pm

504Heater wrote:Okay, I can't help it. Let's put these three together:

Veremette - Fisher - Prucha

and see how long it takes one of them to score. I'm guessing 2011, but...hey...you never know. :D

I bet they score an own goal before they put one in the other team's net. :lol!:

11Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:

Kypreos has been calling the Rangers for a while too - ever since that "Baltic Sea" shenanigan interview he did.

12Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:47 pm

rooneypoo wrote:

You know what they say...the sun shines on even a dog's Donkey some days. :lol!:

13Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes...

14Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:53 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock34 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

You know what they say...the sun shines on even a dog's Donkey some days. :lol!:

I think a lot of people give Eklund undeserved flak. Remember the McCabe to Florida rumor he had about a month before anyone else even mentioned those two in the same breath? We Dung on the guy for weeks talking about how McCabe didn't fit in, how he wouldn't waive his NTC, etc...and then look what happens.

I'm not saying he's right 100% of the time, but remember, he does do rumors. How many trades ever materialize in the NHL?

15Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Empty Re: Bob Mccown: Sundin a Ranger Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:54 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

NYR have been the frontrunners for a long time. Guys like Bob McCown are pretty well regarded and well connected. He doesn't throw rumours out very often.

If Sundin wanted to play in Vancouver, don't you think he would have signed by now? Part of the wait has to be for a team to clear cap space.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum