GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fisher most likely to play tomorrow

+6
smash88
mattshock
PTFlea
rooneypoo
wprager
SensGirl11
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:18 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/26/7537116-sun.html

Take it for what it's worth, but it sounds to be quite possible that Fisher will indeed be back tomorrow. We should find out shortly, Hartsburg will decide after practice today.

It sounds likely that Shannon will be back tomorrow as well.

They both practiced with the team today.

2Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So who sits? From the last time the team played we had Richardson and Schubert in the pressbox, and Zubov was sent down. If no-one else is sent down (or traded) we would have three healthy scratches.

I think Shannon is sent down (or he remains on the IR). I'd also like to send Richardson down (to straighten out Lee) and bring Zubov back up.

3Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:05 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:So who sits? From the last time the team played we had Richardson and Schubert in the pressbox, and Zubov was sent down. If no-one else is sent down (or traded) we would have three healthy scratches.

I think Shannon is sent down (or he remains on the IR). I'd also like to send Richardson down (to straighten out Lee) and bring Zubov back up.

McAmmond's been dealing with a cold for a few days now (dating back to last Friday, I think). If he and Shannon are not ready to go, then we'll need another body -- either Schubert (probably not) or Zubov. If Shannon's ready to go, then I imagine it would come down to him or Zubov.

But if McAmmond's ready to go, then I imagine we go without either Zubov or Shannon:

Heater - Spez - Alfie
Kelly - Vermette - Winchester
McAmmond - Fisher - Donovan
Ruutu - Bass - Foligno

Man... does anyone else feel like we have too many players up front? I want Bass and Zubov in the line up permanently. When you bring Neil back into the equation, that gives us 14 forwards (plus Schubert, who I'm assuming is done here). All these things make it more likely in my mind that someone like Vermette is moved...

4Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
McAmmond's been dealing with a cold for a few days now (dating back to last Friday, I think). If he and Shannon are not ready to go, then we'll need another body -- either Schubert (probably not) or Zubov. If Shannon's ready to go, then I imagine it would come down to him or Zubov.

But if McAmmond's ready to go, then I imagine we go without either Zubov or Shannon:

Heater - Spez - Alfie
Kelly - Vermette - Winchester
McAmmond - Fisher - Donovan
Ruutu - Bass - Foligno

Man... does anyone else feel like we have too many players up front? I want Bass and Zubov in the line up permanently. When you bring Neil back into the equation, that gives us 14 forwards (plus Schubert, who I'm assuming is done here). All these things make it more likely in my mind that someone like Vermette is moved...

Definitely a move or few is coming. By the way Garrioch says it's offical now, Fish will play:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2008/11/26/7542866-sun.html

(had to double-check, but that's a different article id)

5Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:25 pm

probably not the right place to pose this question, but what is the effect on a player's trade value when they are healthy scratches? obviously there isn't much interest in Schubert right now, so isn't the fact that he's sitting a bad thing? Can we assume that if there is any interest at all in Schubert, that he would be put into the line-up just so that other teams can get a look?

6Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

B B B B Bird is the Word wrote:probably not the right place to pose this question, but what is the effect on a player's trade value when they are healthy scratches? obviously there isn't much interest in Schubert right now, so isn't the fact that he's sitting a bad thing? Can we assume that if there is any interest at all in Schubert, that he would be put into the line-up just so that other teams can get a look?

There might be interest in the Schubert of last year, when he was a great 4th line banger who could fill in on defense, even during a PK. When it's closer to the time, I'm sure Hartsburg will play him a game or two in that role.

7Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:47 pm

wprager wrote:
B B B B Bird is the Word wrote:probably not the right place to pose this question, but what is the effect on a player's trade value when they are healthy scratches? obviously there isn't much interest in Schubert right now, so isn't the fact that he's sitting a bad thing? Can we assume that if there is any interest at all in Schubert, that he would be put into the line-up just so that other teams can get a look?

There might be interest in the Schubert of last year, when he was a great 4th line banger who could fill in on defense, even during a PK. When it's closer to the time, I'm sure Hartsburg will play him a game or two in that role.

that makes sense.....I never thought he was that bad - to be benched that is.

8Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

B B B B Bird is the Word wrote:

The question is: where would you have put him? It's tough, do you sit Picard, probably not. So D might be out of the question, how about forward. We already have too many.

Although as WPrager says, he can be very intimidating on the 4th line using his weight.

9Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
B B B B Bird is the Word wrote:

The question is: where would you have put him? It's tough, do you sit Picard, probably not. So D might be out of the question, how about forward. We already have too many.

Although as WPrager says, he can be very intimidating on the 4th line using his weight.

Hmm, how about tomorrow night against the Leafs? Could be a bit of a rough game.

10Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Did you see who they called up to replace Blake?

This guy has dirty play written all over him.

11Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:15 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:Did you see who they called up to replace Blake?

Are they playing him with Hollweg? If so, i'd really think about it.. Imagine if they still had Tucker? Could of been the All-Dirt Line...

12Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:39 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
mattshock wrote:Did you see who they called up to replace Blake?

Are they playing him with Hollweg? If so, i'd really think about it.. Imagine if they still had Tucker? Could of been the All-Dirt Line...

Yeah, oops... I posted this in another thread, but this Deveux guy has me slightly concerned, to say the least.

we have NO Grats (who is useless anyway), no Neil, and Fisher would take him on but could very well end up injuring himself...AGAIN, so unless Murray calls up Carkner or Yablonski, this guy could "Mark Bell" one or more of our guys tonight...

13Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:24 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It sounds like Fisher is going to be playing on the 4th line with Donovan and Ruutu....strange.

14Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:43 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ruutu, Fisher and Donovan... CRASH, BOOM, BANG!!!
The only thing is where does Bass fit?

15Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Empty Re: Fisher most likely to play tomorrow Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:48 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

SensGirl11 wrote:It sounds like Fisher is going to be playing on the 4th line with Donovan and Ruutu....strange.

Perhaps Hartsburg is just easing Fisher back into the line up with limited minutes to start. Just to make sure he's not pushing himself too hard coming back from injury.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum